Vitamin - DROP A GEM ON 'EM

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I think this track would be great for an Ambercrombie ad.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I think this track would be great for an Ambercrombie ad.

ditto

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    The general consensus seems to obviously be: that Vitamin is a foolio.(whichI agree with) I am just suprised that people pay enough attention to his moronic little antics to make this shit five pages long.

Yo man, I said it four pages ago and I'll say it again Vitamin is Whack !!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

(sigh)

I've never asked for the bannishment of words on this site. Where the hell do you get that from?
    Do I think his rhymes are in poor taste? yes, but thats why its so funny.

Shit how many of y'all watch the Chapelle show? isn't like 95% of that show in bad taste?

context peoples, context.

We have a right wing leaning superjew spouting out how angry he is at white people through the "channeling" of a native american.

how is this something I should be serious about?

Its context. Chappelle is a comedian. His livelihood is built around being a funny in an inappropriate manner.

Vitamin is a Right wing neocon who has spouted some rather ignorant Right wing agendas on this board. That is the difference. Vitamin is not funny. he never has been nor will he be. His politics are his politics, but as far as I can tell he would give his firstborn to get a handjob from George Bush. Would you think it was funny if Karl Rove were rapping about this (in jest of course)... what about GW himself (in jext of course)... And seriously what would you do if we were to flip in derogatory jewish comments into the little rap instead? get the fuck outta here with taht I never asked for anyone or workds to be baned. you went on 30 page bitch sprees about the lamest thinnest veil of racist comments, and you fail to see how it affects you? I mean don;t even get me started on how fast you start going off whenever Israeli policy is questioned on this site... its always immediately: The Jew haters are here. Christ dude go smoke a bong and live in your little fantasy world.

Wow dude. Really though...

I know that I've been used as a pin cushion for all things negative. I never really got why, but really though you need to stop with your assumptions, judgements and exagerations.

-When it comes to Israeli policy I only participate to a very minimal level. I usually let those that are better with their words carry on the arguments.

-Before Raj deleted the last big "fag" argument I stated that I don't want it or any other word banned from this site. I am not a fan of censorship, I do however feel like I do have the right to question people as to why they use durogatory words to describe what their describing. As far as I'm concerned everyone here can use fag as much as they want. I won't be happy with it and I'll consider you ignorant for doing so but I am not going to stop you.

-Maybe I've never taken Vitamin all that seriously with his politics. yeah I know where he stands but his viewpoints to me are pretty out there and laughable. It is all about context, and if Vitamin was rapping some negative shit about Jews I'd be laughing harder, after all he's the only dude on this site that wears his Judaisim more openly than me.
    Vitamin is not a bad guy, he is just thinking very differently from the majority of people on this board. I do think his hearts in the right place and he meant this not to be offensive & hurtful but rather to be some sort of artistic expression. Of course I don't want to speak for him anymore than I already have cause he is fully capable of explaining what he meant with his own words, so I'll leave the topic at that.

and furthermore you all really need to chill with your aggression. This board is supposed to be about records, and community, not trying to attack other members.

I think Daze has a right to be perturbed by Vitamin's song - I don't want to put words in your mouth Adam, but I bet you don't think this was an intelligent song or a moving social commentary. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Peace

h

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

and furthermore you all really need to chill with your aggression. This board is supposed to be about records, and community, not trying to attack other members.

I seriously can't believe you just typed this. ahhahahahahahahaha

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I think Daze has a right to be perturbed by Vitamin's song - I don't want to put words in your mouth Adam, but I bet you don't think this was an intelligent song or a moving social commentary. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Peace

h

this song is defintly not intelligent social commentary. It seems more like parody of a white guy trying to be down with an ethnic cause than anything else.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Peace

h

there goes haz again, slicing thru b.s. like a fucking samurai!!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    It seems more like parody

of what?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    It seems more like parody

of what?

I re-edited my comment

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

Peace

h

this song is defintly not intelligent social commentary. It seems more like parody to me than anything else.

That's the problem he is making fun of something he probably has never had direct contact with in his life. It's a typical white liberal stance. "Well i am not racist, unless it directly effects me, or you know if its a joke. i mean my views aren't racist but I can tell poor, black, hispanic, indian jokes all day long..."

Just not a good look and I guess I am just surprised out of all the whtie liberals we have on this board you took it as amusing rather than embarrassing. It screams armchair activist on your part from my view.

• It screams kegstand activist on your part from my view.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

That's the problem he is making fun of something he probably has never had direct contact with in his life. It's a typical white liberal stance.[/b] "Well i am not racist, unless it directly effects me, or you know if its a joke. i mean my views aren't racist but I can tell poor, black, hispanic, indian jokes all day long..."

Just not a good look and I guess I am just surprised out of all the whtie liberals we have on this board you took it as amusing rather than embarrassing. It screams armchair activist on your part from my view.

Vitamin is most certainly not a liberal.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I am just surprised out of all the whtie liberals we have on this board you took it as amusing rather than embarrassing. It screams armchair activist on your part from my view.

dude its amusing cause it is embarrasing!

That's the problem he is making fun of something he probably has never had direct contact with in his life. It's a typical white liberal stance.[/b] "Well i am not racist, unless it directly effects me, or you know if its a joke. i mean my views aren't racist but I can tell poor, black, hispanic, indian jokes all day long..."

Vitamin is most certainly not a liberal.

true... I don't know what I was thinking.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

I appreciate your cultural appreciation for native Americans and the fact that you feel such a kinship with the culture. Perhaps you can keep that in mind the next time I get into one of these "Im sick of y'all spouting out fag" arguments.

Adam, is there something you'd like to share with us?

Seriously though, I think some of you are tying your personal dislike of his ideology into all of this. You guys (IMO) are taking this pretty far out.

I'm not condoning, liking, or okaying anything, but comparing him to the head of the KKK is just crazy.

Sure, it was in bad taste and probably should have been left on the patio it was recorded on, but that's no reason to crucify this dude.

HAZ pretty much broke it all down right here:

I'm listening to this right now - its one of the craziest things I've ever heard. That song from headless heroes came to mind. I think that Vitamin takes himself very seriously, & I bet he meant what he singing about. He's the kind of guy who is very political & I can see him making a song about how the white man is holding folks down or something. Those girls laughing were wack, but I won't hold the guy responsible for the ignorance of others. That being said, I don't think he's got the right to sing about the plight of native people. You don't have to channel the native peoples anger. When shit is unjust, people should be sympathetic & real & say: "fuck that shit". You can offer people support without putting words in their mouth or speaking for them.

peace

h

• Seriously though, I think some of you are tying your personal dislike of his ideology into all of this. You guys (IMO) are taking this pretty far out.
    I'm not condoning, liking, or okaying anything, but comparing him to the head of the KKK is just crazy.

Sure, it was in bad taste and probably should have been left on the patio it was recorded on, but that's no reason to crucify this dude.

yet another reason why day is the most talented man on soulstrut!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON SOULSTRUT

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Question: is it possible that Vitamin's rap is totally offensive, indefensible, AND funny at the same time?

Although as usual Guzzo makes things worse when he tries to defend himself, I gotta say, lay off the guy. It's amazing that some dudes hate him so much that they try to pretend it's about this issue, as if anyone was really offended by this nonsense. I'm talking about a bunch of self-righteously smug playground bullies. Ease the fuck off.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    That "song" was a complete disturbance to my peace of mind.

• self-righteously smug

That's hella observant Douglas, I didn't know you and Adam were that tight.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

what does offensive mean?

Question: is it possible that Vitamin's rap is totally offensive, indefensible, AND funny at the same time?

Although as usual Guzzo makes things worse when he tries to defend himself, I gotta say, lay off the guy. It's amazing that some dudes hate him so much that they try to pretend it's about this issue, as if anyone was really offended by this nonsense. I'm talking about a bunch of self-righteously smug playground bullies. Ease the fuck off.

I have no hate for Guzzo. that song did bother me that someone thought it was amusing (sorry just not seeing the humor in it), that they thought it was ok to spread around, and that they allow something like that to represent them? I mean my vision of Vitamin is some smug right wing asshole, always had it good always will. Call it white guilt, call it kegstand activism, call it being overly self righteous, whatever. I'm not really mad because it fits right in with the character of Vitamin that he has built on this board. Its just not a good look. Its dumb 9not funny) and had no place being made in the first place.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Okay, I just listened to this.

Vitamin, straight up: you and your friends are pieces of shit.

Your callousness made me literally nauseous.

I don't even have words for you.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I mean my vision of Vitamin is some smug right wing asshole, always had it good always will.

I can't change what will always be but... When it comes to foriegn affairs V is a Neo-Con. As for domestic affairs his politics are much like most people on soulstrut.

His concern for the plight of the opressed world wide is honest. He has a long record of concern for Kurds and the people of Sudan.

As a neo-con he believes something to the effect of; America is the greatest country in the history of the world. Because we are the worlds only superpower it is our obligation to force all the oppressed people of the world to adopt our ways so they can be as great as us.

Or course he would word it more elegantly and less imperialisticly than I did.

While I don't agree with his neo-con world view, I am sure that he sincerly believes it.

The true right wing world view is F the rest of the world.

I have not heard the track, but channeling Native American anger through the inspiration of Elton John is not a good look.

Since all you all are silent on the Elton John thing I will assume that you are as big Elton John fans as V.

Dan

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    uhhh... yeah this thread wasnt very good... i was hoping for more... its okay though.

racism... fun.

anyway, i just wanted to point out about that dance show on tv, alan is my homeboy. dude can dance like a motherfucker too! he is a big motherfucker though. we used to do routines and shows in different dance groups here in the bay back in the day.

he was in this group called mind over matter and i was running with a group called bubula tribe and managed a dance group called Fusion (among other names)... well, thats why i know dude cause we used to use my backyard for practices and making up routines for shows...

thanksgiving at his crib was dope cause they used to roast pigs and big prime ribs and shit with all the fixings on the side... mmm... dude lived and grew up in Sunnydale right outside the projects in those houses between the pjs and Cow Palace...

well, hes dude... so if you do watch that shit thats my homie so be nice.

thanks.

• he now teaches hip hop dance somewheres out there cuz a homegirl of mines was telling me that her teacher was on that show. anyways, i like the dude, but theyre having to do some acrobatic shit and, be honest, the dude is just too big to go between a girls legs. in any case, what's up big man! i saw the cow palace on the news last nite cuz they were holding auditions for the next american idol there. i thought i saw you in line.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    dan's reiteration:

Since all you all are silent on the Elton John thing I will assume that you are as big Elton John fans as V.

+ j's remisniscing:

we used to use my backyard for practices and making up routines for shows...

thanksgiving at his crib was dope cause they used to roast pigs and big prime ribs and shit with all the fixings on the side... mmm... dude lived and grew up in Sunnydale right outside the projects in those houses between the pjs and Cow Palace...

+

sly stone on the box

=

happy feelings

dan's reiteration:

+ j's remisniscing:

we used to use my backyard for practices and making up routines for shows...

+

sly stone on the box

=

happy feelings

trew: hahaha... dope!

shigger: yeah i know dude is too big for shit. he can make some nasty ass routines though...

• i saw the cow palace on the news last nite cuz they were holding auditions for the next american idol there. i thought i saw you in line.

nah, rumor has it after the karaoke experience he is fighting for one of the coveted spots here...

http://kwcusa.com/

i saw the cow palace on the news last nite cuz they were holding auditions for the next american idol there. i thought i saw you in line.

nah, rumor has it after the karaoke experience he is fighting for one of the coveted spots here...

http://kwcusa.com/

dont be jealous of the skills homeboy... i know you felt like you paled in comparison to me at that ding dong karaoke spot (noayo)... plus i was snake charming the ladies with my skilled vocal harmonies...

...dont sweat the technique