Vitamin - DROP A GEM ON 'EM

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited November 2015 in Off Topic (NRR)
Originally posted by Vitamin:

Within four days I will drop spontaneous gems on soultrut's collective ear hole.
By my calculations it's been about 17 days now...[/foot tap]

ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW...YO

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    LOL

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    make that 20 days...

LOL

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts

saying
    whut up, D?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• Who's vitamin???

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts

When I wrote that I originally, I had just purchased an Olympus digital recorder for work. The problem has been hooking it up to download files to my computer. My original plan was to drop some freestyle on all of you before my vacation--directed at those of you who insist on hatting, but the logistics got effed up. I returned this last weekend, so I'm now working on it. I do have a 12 minute recording of an earlier free style from May where I am channeling the native American anger towards white people. But it's quite long, at times it goes into an impromptu chorus that is more song than rap, and the rap parts while sparkling in some places in other spots are little on the whack side. I'm debating whether I should post it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    directed at those of you who insist on hatting

• dayday 9,612 Posts

I should post it.

PLEASE!

That sounds like something you need to share with the world

I should post it.

PLEASE!

OH
    FO
    SHO

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I am channeling the native American anger towards white people

• dayday 9,612 Posts

I should post it.

PLEASE!

OH

FO PHO

SHO

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

I should post it.

PLEASE!

OH
    FO PHO
    SHO SHIZZLE

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

When I wrote that I originally, I had just purchased an Olympus digital recorder for work. The problem has been hooking it up to download files to my computer. My original plan was to drop some freestyle on all of you before my vacation--directed at those of you who insist on hatting, but the logistics got effed up. I returned this last weekend, so I'm now working on it. I do have a 12 minute recording of an earlier free style from May where I am channeling the native American anger towards white people. But it's quite long, at times it goes into an impromptu chorus that is more song than rap, and the rap parts while sparkling in some places in other spots are little on the whack side. I'm debating whether I should post it.

Please edit and post. Or is it against hip hop to edit a freestyle?

Dan

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Bring this shit to light, Vita-mang.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Doom/Ghostface has just dropped to the number 2 spot on my most eagerly awaited list.

Neo-Conservetive-Sing-Songy-Nat.Amer.Rage-Emo-Rap?

yes thank you.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    this thread is so awesome

A disclaimer:

1) In no way is this impromptu and improvised song/rap meant to belittle the legitimate grievances of Native Americans or any indigenous strugglers against Euro-American hegemony. I was attempting to channel and interpret what I see as the legitimate rage of the Sioux, Seminole, Inca, Mayan etc... When this was recorded (without forewarning I might add), I was listening to "Indian Sunset" by Elton John, who remained for some time this spring a seminal influence on my work.

2) This is a poor example of my flow. The rhymes are often predictable and it should be appreciated more for its vision and thematic discipline. Also keep in mind, this track was created spontaneously with two guitarists I had just met.

3) The first 45 seconds are a dry run of free style followed by some snippets of conversation. The song does not really begin until two minutes into the track.

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=019Y3K3YQU83N15M2AGULQ21AW

And I can say I was here when it happened...

no way is this meant to belittle the legitimate grievances of Native Americans

I guess it's hard to buy that, with you and your listeners laughing and giggling throughout the whole thing. Seriously, dude. I'll spare us all another look at Brian Peppers, but the whole thing is not a good look[/b].

I'll stick to my Sublime CD's.

Vitamin's greatest hits, indeed.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I got this shit ready to go...but first I'm packing a bowl

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    GO AWAY WHITE MAN

GO AWAY WHITE MAN

GO AWAY WHITE MAN

back to where you came from

GO AWAY WHITE MAN

GO AWAY WHITE MAN

GO AWAY WHITE MAN

GO AWAY WHITE MAN

GO AWAY WHITE MAN

GO AWAY WHITE MAN

GO AWAY WHITE MAN

GO AWAY WHITE MAN

GO AWAY WHITE MAN

GO AWAY WHITE MAN

GO AWAY WHITE MAN

GO AWAY WHITE MAN

BACK TO AMSTERDAM

no way is this meant to belittle the legitimate grievances of Native Americans

I guess it's hard to buy that, with you and your listeners laughing and giggling throughout the whole thing. Seriously, dude. I'll spare us all another look at Brian Peppers, but the whole thing is not a good look[/b].

I'll stick to my Sublime CD's.

Dude, everyone was asking me to post up my freestyling. I was being completely honest about the one recording I had of me doing what I do. And with all that, people still wanted to hear this. So save your little PC lecture homey. I am trying to channel what was some real shit that happened to the people who used to live on this land. So I can't help it, if some people thought that was funny. Cause at the time, I was trying to stretch. But if you don't like, don't listen.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    ...I'm assuming the people around you were white?

No PC lecture. You just look like either a hypocrite or an ass, if you think you were "channeling the Native American" for your friends' amusement. Sure, it took balls to post it - because you know it's lame.