Vitamin - DROP A GEM ON 'EM

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    hold my martini... i have to do those hand gestures

ahahahahahahahahah

Classic. Perfect quote!

• I'm trying to decide if posting this was some kind of suicidal act of hubris, or a work of performance art. Either way, a "lose/lose" situation.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,079 Posts
    Dammit...I cant find a JPG anywhere of John Belushi in a toga smashing the crap out of Donald Sutherland's accoustic guitar

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    I prefer Vitamin's freestyling to his political analysis. I think a lot of his posts are way more of an embarrassment than this. Although... This -is- pretty embarrassing.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

NO FUTURE

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    damn there is a lot of mean spirit all over this thread. only a few people acknowledged it, but tt took a lot of guts to leave himself open for such criticism.

Now that I'm sober I can say that it was the perfect musical bong accompaniment(sp?). Folks I thnk are looking too deeply into the message instead of just laughing at/ with it. It's pretty clear that Vitamin isn't a native-american and judging by all the laughter around him its very much done with humor in mind.

I've been saving a major gem that I made for joke purposes to drop on y'all in September but judging by the response that this has gotten I might just keep shit under wraps.

Real Busdrivers know the dill!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    hold my martini... i have to do those hand gestures

ahahahahahahahahah

Classic. Perfect quote!

"Yo word son, word up, the HIBISCUS age is upon us.

WORD IS BOND."

"PSST, YOU GOT ANY XIAN BRAEKS?"

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    damn there is a lot of mean spirit all over this thread. only a few people acknowledged it, but tt took a lot of guts to leave himself open for such criticism.

Now that I'm sober I can say that it was the perfect musical bong accompaniment(sp?). Folks I thnk are looking too deeply into the message instead of just laughing at/ with it. It's pretty clear that Vitamin isn't a native-american and judging by all the laughter around him its very much done with humor in mind.

I've been saving a major gem that I made for joke purposes to drop on y'all in September but judging by the response that this has gotten I might just keep shit under wraps.

Keeping some shit under wraps is an artform that us modern Americans seem to have lost touch with. Go with yer gut and keep it to yourself.

• damn there is a lot of mean spirit all over this thread. only a few people acknowledged it, but tt took a lot of guts to leave himself open for such criticism.

Sorry if I don't see the humor in a bunch of white folks (and one arab and one chinese, sorry) sitting around an acoustic guitar, laughing at a mock-angry rap about the evil white man. It's actually pretty offensive on a few different levels to a few different people.

It absolutely took courage to post. Doesn't make it in any better taste.

this topic is PINNED!

It absolutely took courage to post. Doesn't make it in any better taste.

TRUTH

HURTS

• Oh and I definitely got a kick out of it....

probably not the way Eli intended.

Where's that 58 page graemlin?

Let's argue.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Sorry if I don't see the humor in a bunch of white folks (and one arab and one chinese, sorry) sitting around an acoustic guitar, laughing at a mock-angry rap about the evil white man. It's actually pretty offensive on a few different levels to a few different people.

There is NO humor in it.

People laugh cuase it is so outrageous and unbelievable. The first listen was uncomfortable shock. Second listen was when the "holy shit this is more offensive than I thought" set it.

• It absolutely took courage to post. Doesn't make it in any better taste.

Are you sure "courage" is the right word? It's courageous to put yourself at risk to save someone else. Reaching into a woodchipper to grab the wedding band you just dropped is something else entirely....

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh this is just bad. I tried to listen to it, but it just made me sick... Expecially becuase of the politics Vitamin spouts, I can't help to think the he is simply mocking the racial issues he is addressing much like the Sambo Carcicature of the past... He can hide behind the- well it was just being funny, but I don't get that at all. Not a good look.

cosig with paycheck.

Reaching into a woodchipper to grab the wedding band you just dropped is something else entirely....

Awesome metaphor. Superb!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i'm guessing this is pinned to son vitamin? really, like soulonice said, if this was about blacks it would be deleted. instead it's celebrated?

I wouldn't call it "celebrated" at all.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    *edited to fix quote brackets

so now we're never going to have those trippy quote glitches any more??

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    I wouldn't call it "celebrated" at all.

then what?

• OH MY GOD. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME SO I CAN HEAR THIS!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME SO I CAN HEAR THIS!!!!!!!!

RUN HOME NOW.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I was gonna write a whole long post talking shit but it's not worth it.

vitamin - you're a fucking joke

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

RUN HOME NOW.

When I go to down load I am told that it is no longer avaliable.

I'm not sure what V was thinking. I don't see how he could not know the response his (or most any other strutters) channeling of Native American anger would receive.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

RUN HOME NOW.

I'm not sure what V was thinking. I don't see how he could not know the response his (or most any other strutters) channeling of Native American anger would receive.

I don't think he knew it would get that response. I'm actually kind of shocked that it did considering a lot of the same people crying out on this were saying all this anti-PC stuff for the last week or so.

Surely folks here can't think he meant this to be hurtul as much as he meant this to be a humourous

RUN HOME NOW.

I don't think he knew it would get that response. I'm actually kind of shocked that it did considering a lot of the same people crying out on this were saying all this anti-PC stuff for the last week or so.

Surely folks here can't think he meant this to be hurtul as much as he meant this to be a humourous

dude, for real? you think that?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    worst thing ive ever heard. i dont knwo whats worse, vitamin singing/rapping, or the corny ass yuppies laughing in the background

• OH MY GOD. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME SO I CAN HEAR THIS!!!!!!!!

RUN HOME NOW.

Nobody thinks he meant it to be hurtful. It's NOT hurtful. It's just foul and foolish. It's also a little baffling...

As for anti-PC shit, nobody is saying that he shouldn't have posted it, or that he should be banned, or that the post should be edited. That's for you to do when your thongs are in a bunch.

RUN HOME NOW.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but to me the only person that is really 'hurt' by this is Vitamin. That's why I called it bad judgement.