Rap aint dead...

Comments

• shitzr said:
    Oribasan1 said:
    faux_rillz said:
    It may be hard to hear this, but America actually is the center of the rap universe.

I don't think anyone disputes that fact?

faux_rillz said:
    And pretty much the extent of any aspect of it that matters. That's not American arrogance.

No that's not American arrogance, it's personal arrogance.

no. in respect to the entire "rap universe", america really is the only aspect that matters. all eyes and ears are always on american rap. that's where alot of you other countries get your styles, sounds, slang, "swag", etc from. deal.

no rapper from sudan, japan, canada, or italy is bitting on australian shit. i doubt they will do any homage tracks to uk rap in the future either.

Now we're talking about biting? I think it's more of a homage to Hip Hop in general don't you think?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Oribasan1 said:
    shitzr said:
    Oribasan1 said:
    faux_rillz said:
    It may be hard to hear this, but America actually is the center of the rap universe.

I don't think anyone disputes that fact?

faux_rillz said:
    And pretty much the extent of any aspect of it that matters. That's not American arrogance.

No that's not American arrogance, it's personal arrogance.

no. in respect to the entire "rap universe", america really is the only aspect that matters. all eyes and ears are always on american rap. that's where alot of you other countries get your styles, sounds, slang, "swag", etc from. deal.

no rapper from sudan, japan, canada, or italy is bitting on australian shit. i doubt they will do any homage tracks to uk rap in the future either.

Now we're talking about biting? I think it's more of a homage to Hip Hop in general don't you think?

Please to stop.

Hip Hop is not givin a fusk about another hood, country, or race. Do you and dont worry about expecting praise from the next muthafucka. Rep yo shit and call it a day.

• I think everyone on both sides of the pond just need to relax for a minute..
    A lot of sweeping statements are being made by both sides, and it's not really helping anyone..

For anyone that is interested, there is a lot more to Australian Hip Hop than has been shown or discussed here. Plenty of it exists on other websites, and there is plenty of dialogue about why we do it, for those of you who are curious.
    If not - that's cool too - everyone will just keep doing their thing, and the world will keep on turning..
    No need for the hate - there are way more important issues in this world to be concerned about..

and besides.. it's christmas.. So as Tripledouble so rightly suggested, I'm gonna go listen to some Marvin Gaye to get myself in that lovin mood. I suggest everyone else do the same..

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    frenzie said:
    I think everyone on both sides of the pond just need to relax for a minute..
    A lot of sweeping statements are being made by both sides, and it's not really helping anyone..

lol

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    There are white dudes in every college town in our country that are in Reggae bands and think they are "authentic"........ in their secret mind garden they play on stage with Bob Marley.

False Rasta.

Rockadelic said:
    There are white dudes in every college town in our country that are in Reggae bands and think they are "authentic"........ in their secret mind garden they play on stage with Bob Marley.False Rasta.

Pagin Breez..........

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    speakmumbles said:
    and the sun is the center of this galaxy, but nobody lives on that shit.
    The center of this galaxy is a black hole.

Reynaldo said:
    speakmumbles said:

Black is the key word

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    batmon said:
    Reynaldo said:
    speakmumbles said:

Black is the key word
    Yeah. Dudes keep trying to forget.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    speakmumbles said:

Astronomy zing!
    Yo, it's like this. This Trem dude, instead of doin it the Aussie way (whatever that may be), does it the NYC circa 93-94 way, which is fine, but that time has passed. It was boring. It was uninspired. It lacked soul. It's like the difference in rapz approach between Yall So Stupid and Goodie Mob (yes it's been tooketh there).
    Yall So Stupid-from ATL. Sounded like an NYC group, eh in retrospect,forgettable when they came out, lacked originality.
    Goodie Mob-from ATL. Repped their life, their city, their experiences, tons of originality and made great original tracks that captured the rapz in a way that represented themselves and where they were from.
    Australians (or anyone) should take this example and do it your way, not how you (Australians/anyone else) perceive others to believe how you should do it. Otherwise, why bother?

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i am going to start an australian group that pays homage to american homage groups

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    frenzie said:
    I think everyone on both sides of the pond just need to relax for a minute..

lol

Hip-Hop = here to help!

• noz said:

ATLANTA boy I'll tell ya. We put out the majority of bullshit rap these days.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    shooterali said:
    noz said:

oh man, that had me in tears! dude looks like a wrestler

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    shooterali said:
    noz said:

He is from Knoxville:

http://shipwashlaw.com/

Stop trying to steal Knoxville's swag!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Please to stop.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    So Faux and Sports will you be telling Mr Chuck he is wrong?

And this is one of the groups he was refering to....I aint a big Trem fan but I think these guys are a good example of local dudes making music for their peers....

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    man this thread is a last-minute contender for comedy of the year.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    LokoOne said:
    So Faux and Sports will you be telling Mr Chuck he is wrong?

And this is one of the groups he was refering to....I aint a big Trem fan but I think these guys are a good example of local dudes making music for their peers....

ROFL

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    They are pretty raw, but there an example of what I think local hip hop should be about...speaking to your peers, and these dudes got a big following with the younger dudes out there and represent thet 'adlay' style that is prevailant amongst alot of the younger dudes in the scene.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

• faux_rillz said:
    shooterali said:
    noz said:

knoxville boy I'll tell ya. They put out the majority of bullshit rap these days.

He is from Knoxville:

http://shipwashlaw.com/

Stop trying to steal Knoxville's swag!

Thank you for correcting me on that one.

• batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    There are white dudes in every college town in our country that are in Reggae bands and think they are "authentic"........ in their secret mind garden they play on stage with Bob Marley.False Rasta.

Pagin Breez..........

• I like the way a lot of people on here are calling out the Aus scene and saying 95% of it is wack, when you wouldn't have heard 95% of it, shit, you probably haven't heard 25% of it.

Also, bonus clip...

• Also, just to be fair, I don't think the title of this thread is warranted.

• that track is laughable

after these many years, it shouldn't be too hard to re-create a dj premier track

• the_dL said:

so this song aside, what you are saying is that no one in the US takes any hip hop that is not from the US seriously?

I don't even take hip-hop made outside of LA seriously.

• tonydanzatechniq said:
    that track is laughable

after these many years, it shouldn't be too hard to re-create a dj premier track

this.

jeezus most of these oz tracks posted are cringe-worthy.