America

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central

Now i get it.

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Man I don't know whether to get this on 360 or PS3. I can't wait to play as Greg and battle demonic Barack.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• Options
    America is filled with twisted ignorant retards who think they're brilliant.

We may be doomed.

• Options
    PelvicDust said:

Somehow a large chunk of them found their way to Soulstrut.

• Sween said:
    PelvicDust said:

Somehow a large chunk of them found their way to Soulstrut.

A-fuckin-men!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I just want to know if America is the only place where people leave used diapers laying in parking lots instead of throwing them in the trash can.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    c'mon, let's not be prejudiced against our Euro & Australian strutter morons

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    I just want to know if America is the only place where people leave used diapers laying in parking lots instead of throwing them in the trash can.

I suggest taking a trip to China - the culture of littering there is amazing

• PelvicDust said:

We may be doomed.

So my parents, whom I love, are exactly like these people and it is sad because most of them consider themselves "Christian" and want the nation to go back to Christian values and what "America use to be". They think that they are upholding those values and saying that Islam is the problem, and that we need to get back to what we were when the founding fathers started this country. Fact is they have made Nationalism their religion, not Christianity and denied God by doing this. It breaks my heart that they are so blinded. And a side note is that racism is prevalent in these conversations with all of them, whether they say it our not especially with the immigrant issue.

• Rockadelic said:

I once saw teenmom change her baby on the seats of the J train and then throwing the dirty diaper out the window of the train somewhere over the Brooklyn footing to the Williamsburg Bridge.

• PelvicDust said:

We may be doomed.

LOL.
    "i learned all i needed to know about islam on 9-11"

• Options
    InnerSpace said:
    So my parents, whom I love, are exactly like these people and it is sad because most of them consider themselves "Christian" and want the nation to go back to Christian values and what "America use to be". They think that they are upholding those values and saying that Islam is the problem, and that we need to get back to what we were when the founding fathers started this country. Fact is they have made Nationalism their religion, not Christianity and denied God by doing this.

They're just doing what every believer I have ever met does. They have crafted a god in their minds that agrees with everything they believe.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    PelvicDust said:

We may be doomed.

Some of my relatives, whom I love, are exactly like these people and it is sad because most of them consider themselves "Christian" and some old school conservatives. They want the nation to go back to Christian values and what "America use to be". They think that they are upholding those values and saying that Islam is the problem, and that we need to get back to what we were when the founding fathers started this country. Fact is they have made Nationalism their religion, not Christianity and denied God by doing this. It breaks my heart that they are so blinded. And a side note is that racism is prevalent in these conversations with all of them, whether they say it our not especially with the immigrant issue.

It frustrates me because Jesus' teachings are radical, placing forgiveness over revenge, and love over hate. They would say they love and forgive the people they hate and want to avenge.

The founding fathers were also radicals who has a sense of justice and inclusion (in theory) that was far different than the countries they left behing.
    Likewise the good old days werent so good if you werent white and male.

I just nod my head when I am with these people, and then vent my frustration here.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    InnerSpace said:
    PelvicDust said:

We may be doomed.

Some of my relatives, whom I love, are exactly like these people and it is sad because most of them consider themselves "Christian" and some old school conservatives. They want the nation to go back to Christian values and what "America use to be". They think that they are upholding those values and saying that Islam is the problem, and that we need to get back to what we were when the founding fathers started this country. Fact is they have made Nationalism their religion, not Christianity and denied God by doing this. It breaks my heart that they are so blinded. And a side note is that racism is prevalent in these conversations with all of them, whether they say it our not especially with the immigrant issue.

It frustrates me because Jesus' teachings are radical, placing forgiveness over revenge, and love over hate. They would say they love and forgive the people they hate and want to avenge.

The founding fathers were also radicals who has a sense of justice and inclusion (in theory) that was far different than the countries they left behing.
    Likewise the good old days werent so good if you werent white and male.

I just nod my head when I am with these people, and then vent my frustration here.

The quotes didn't work how I wanted.

• PelvicDust said:
    InnerSpace said:
    So my parents, whom I love, are exactly like these people and it is sad because most of them consider themselves "Christian" and want the nation to go back to Christian values and what "America use to be". They think that they are upholding those values and saying that Islam is the problem, and that we need to get back to what we were when the founding fathers started this country. Fact is they have made Nationalism their religion, not Christianity and denied God by doing this.

They're just doing what every believer I have ever met does. They have crafted a god in their minds that agrees with everything they believe.

Love what both of you have said. As far as what you said Pelvicdust, they are essentially making themselves god. God defines himself very well and is just that, GOD. Place other things as his character including the mythical "blessing of America" as His country and all the other countries are infidels, and you have come up with a false representation of HIM.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Apparently ignorance (and Cheetos) is bliss.
    I don't know where to even begin with that video. I can only hope this represents a small percentage of the country.

The worst thing isn't that these people have their opinions, it's that they flat out refuse to listen to anyone who challenges their version of "truth". Even when presented with facts or evidence, the minute it contradicts their beliefs, it's a wrap.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    1 in 4 Americans believes Obama is a 'secret' muslim, apparently.

There aren't many other democratic countries where brainwashing is so prevalent and accepted.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Okem said:

There aren't many other democratic countries where brainwashing is so prevalent and accepted.

Don't be so naive.

I'm not out to "defend America" but the idea that we've cornered the global market on ignorance is ridiculous.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Okem said:

Don't be so naive.

I'm not out to "defend America" but the idea that we've cornered the global market on ignorance is ridiculous.

It's a human trait, but couple that with biased information being pumped 24/7 and you get stupidity on steroids.

Lately it feels like America is a volcano waiting to erupt.

• Options
    InnerSpace said:
    PelvicDust said:
    InnerSpace said:

Love what both of you have said. As far as what you said Pelvicdust, they are essentially making themselves god. God defines himself very well and is just that, GOD. Place other things as his character including the mythical "blessing of America" as His country and all the other countries are infidels, and you have come up with a false representation of HIM.

How when or where does this "HIM" define itself? I've never seen any reason to think there was a god.

day said:

Honestly, my take is that after 8 years of playing offense, it's been weird trying to play defense for barely two years but we are so far far far away from the kind of social turmoil of the 1960s and '70s. I'm not saying shit couldn't blow up but generally speaking, I feel like the reason why it all feels worse is because mass media is so much more ever-present in our lives and thus amplifies shit beyond its actual reality.

• mannybolone said:
    day said:

Honestly, my take is that after 8 years of playing offense, it's been weird trying to play defense for barely two years but we are so far far far away from the kind of social turmoil of the 1960s and '70s. I'm not saying shit couldn't blow up but generally speaking, I feel like the reason why it all feels worse is because mass media is so much more ever-present in our lives and thus amplifies shit beyond its actual reality.

Really? I would argue that the transgressions of the Bush-era were equal to or greater than the turmoil of at least the 70s...people went to the streets then for less...

The_Hook_Up said:
    mannybolone said:
    day said:

Really, I would argue that the transgressions of the Bush-era were equal to or greater than the turmoil of at least the 70s...people went to the streets then for less...

Yeah and yet we've lived through pretty much 20+ years of general social complacency. I mean, I would never put it past someone in our fair nation to decide to go out and Birmingham a mosque or McVeigh a federal building, but I don't sense that there's a general air of friction just waiting to blow the fuck up. Of course, if we're still hovering around double digit unemployment for a few more years...

• The_Hook_Up said:
    mannybolone said:
    day said:

Really? I would argue that the transgressions of the Bush-era were equal to or greater than the turmoil of at least the 70s...people went to the streets then for less...

Are we talking about all those transgressions that have been continued by the Obama-era, like Guantanamo, Dont Ask Dont Tell, Government Eavesdropping on Americans, the Afghanistan War, Killing People with Drones, Trying to assassinate American Citizens, etc. Or are we just talking about those transgressions specific to Bush?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    day said:

I feel like the reason why it all feels worse is because mass media is so much more ever-present in our lives and thus amplifies shit beyond its actual reality.

I was gonna say the same thing in my last post. It makes it a challenge to keep your perspective at times and maybe I've got it all wrong. You can either look at it as exaggerated, or there really is an underlying sense that many people aren't happy in this country.

I agree, we have a long way to go before it's 1968 again. There won't be any rioting until people can't get McDonald's or cable TV. That's when shit will hit the fan.

• But enough Bush bashing. I really, REALLY want to hear more circle jerking about how you're all soooooo much smarter than the fattest idiot they could find willing to go on camera at the Beck rally. And please be specific about why you, personally, are smarter, more compassionate, better educated, more tolerant, physically more attractive, etc.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    mannybolone said:
    day said:

Are we talking about all those transgressions that have been continued by the Obama-era, like Guantanamo, Dont Ask Dont Tell, Government Eavesdropping on Americans, the Afghanistan War, Killing People with Drones, Trying to assassinate American Citizens, etc. Or are we just talking about those transgressions specific to Bush?

"The Obama-era" is less than 2 years old. Yes, he's been wishy washy and failed at times, but some of the things you're talking about can't be magically fixed in that span of time. Don't let that stop you though.

• day said:

"The Obama-era" is less than 2 years old. Yes, he's been wishy washy and failed at times, but some of the things you're talking about can't be magically fixed in that span of time.

Which ones?

• Actually forget it. I dont really care.