vinyl digging documentry

13»

Comments

• InnerSpace said:
    cuthbert... sorry man but I'm done. Like I said 2 different pages no doubt. But I sincerely appreciate the post of the documentary. I really did enjoy some of it.

And yes, let's see those clips of diggin fellas! I would love to see a true crash course in digging as well as a tour of other countries from all of you!

no worries. i too would love to see footage of digging from other collectors.

• maru said:
    tripledouble said:

that being said, somethings gotta be done on the creative front with these digging documentaries. always the same format, mighta as well be the same walls of crates and expedits. same ol heads and neo ol heads talking about the same stories.
    i love all that shit and i share a lot of their sentiments, but somehow this all needs to be presented in a new way.

i agree. it comes off as super flat and dry. i mean, it interests me only because i know exactly what they're talking about, but to the average head i can see this becoming boring really fast.

Yeah I agree! Some cool records and diggers but it seem to lack any direction or movement or arc as the film geeks like to say. records and digging for records is like story and it should be presented that way to the advanced digger or beginner!

wax poetics should make a doc.

• deanosounds said:

i dont know why, but this made me cringe.
    worst case scenario it would be more famous diggers, name dropping, talking about "the real" and taking itself too serously
    best case scenario it might be damn good, tho

i think the diggeur flick to end all diggeur flicks was gonna be franks joint...i hope something happens with that

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    deanosounds said:

i dont know why, but this made me cringe.
    worst case scenario it would be more famous diggers, name dropping, talking about "the real" and taking itself too serously
    best case scenario it might be damn good, tho

i think the diggeur flick to end all diggeur flicks was gonna be franks joint...i hope something happens with that

I too want to see Frank's flick.......but while I am sure I will be blown away by it, I won't be able to truly relate to it as I will not likely ever have the opportunity to do such digging.

At one time Dante and I threw around the idea of a Carfagna Bros. vs. Haupt Bros. digging reality show where we are given a random territory, "x" amount of time and money, and whomever realized the largest profit margin via ebay for their buys was the winner. I'd love to see something like this myself although I'm not sure I would be the best choice for participation.

• OHHH YOU ARE THE FIRST ONE TO OUR HOME, YOU'RE AFTER RECORDS YOU SAY?
    DO YOU EVER WATCH THAT PICKERS SHOW? EVEN BETTER IS THAT ONE WHERE THEY RACE AROUND TO THE HPBs. THE GRIPPERS SHOW I THINK, WE JUST LOVE IT.
    ANYWHO, EACH LP WITH A COVER IS $50. THE ONES THAT ARE STILL A LITTLE WET ARE $40.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I had to turn this off after 10 minutes. As people have said, it's the same old, same old. No offense but I'm just fucking tired of seeing dudes walking out of a record store, talmaobut, who-sampled-what-off-this-dollar-bin LP.

All love to WP but you know who'd make a kick ass "digging" doc?

Numero Group.

Frankly, I think someone should just tape Dante taking viewers on a tour around Cairo, IL.

• I watched it...my girl kept making fun of and imitating what she heard coming out of my laptop and with good reason...Drunk Jeff got the most clowning. Drunk Jeff dude is a perfect example why I hate "record digging" culture...it seems that to be given a voice you dont have to have ANY music knowledge... Dude said "I think Kaliedoscope is some sort of rock band..." WTF? This is an "expert"? chumps.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm sorry, but I hate that whole "I love the pops and crackles" shit, too. You hear at least one person say that in every digging documentary or "VINYL IS BACK!!1!!" piece, and it really drives me crazy every time, as someone who can't stand "crackles and pops" in the records I spend so much of my hard-earned cash on.

I mean, I'm not a condition FREAK although if I pay a lot of money for a record that is supposed to be EXC or NM and I hear noise, I am not going to say "ahh, there's that good old vinyl sound" if it plays with a bunch of surface noise ... I'm going to be PISSED. That's what drives me crazy about these dudes - there are definite reasons to prefer vinyl for the way it sounds, but the damaged surfaces and bad pressings that plaque the hobby are not among them.

• SoulOnIce said:
    I'm sorry, but I hate that whole "I love the pops and crackles" shit, too. You hear at least one person say that in every digging documentary or "VINYL IS BACK!!1!!" piece, and it really drives me crazy every time, as someone who can't stand "crackles and pops" in the records I spend so much of my hard-earned cash on.

I mean, I'm not a condition FREAK although if I pay a lot of money for a record that is supposed to be EXC or NM and I hear noise, I am not going to say "ahh, there's that good old vinyl sound" if it plays with a bunch of surface noise ... I'm going to be PISSED. That's what drives me crazy about these dudes - there are definite reasons to prefer vinyl for the way it sounds, but the damaged surfaces and bad pressings that plaque the hobby are not among them.

Major

• tripledouble said:
    deanosounds said:

Whatever happened with that? Frank? Anyone?

numero should defintely make a doc about digging!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'd like to see a doc on E-digging. That's where the real action is.