Carrying cheddar (Wallet Related)

doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
My old billfold is totally fucked up, so i??m looking for a new one since ages but coulnd??t find anything decent so far.

Searching for a small & flat version made out of quality leather wich still is big enough to carry Euro-ID, Licence, Credit Cards, Business Cards, a decent amount of Coins and of course the Big Euro Notes!

How do you Strutters carry your Dough? any recommendations really appreciated!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    uhmmmmm, NO!

b/w

black is the color

but THANKS anyway Batmon for your concern!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    It took me years to realize why I was trashing wallets so quickly...a quality wallet will be ALL leather..even the lining will be leather. NO cloth ANYWHERE in it's construction. When the bill compartment is lined with fabric, it's a sign of cheap workmanship, also the seams aren't as sturdy when there is fabric involved. Price has nothing to do with a wallett being a quality product. Just make sure all the linings, and inside are leather, and you have a wallett that will last and keep it's shape.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I've been carrying a J-Fold wallet for a few years now, and it has not really degraded at all.

They sell some pretty stylish all-leather wallets in the $50-$60 range that are made to last.

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    the one that says bad mother fucker on it

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts

My wallet also just recently died, so I got myself one of the new Raf Simons fine grain leather ones on the cheap. Feel free to clown me, but I love the thing.

• dopeshitdopeshit 134 Posts
    doisn said:

How do you Strutters carry your Dough? any recommendations really appreciated!

i dont have a wallet for about 10 years now, i just put everything in my pockets (really)

^ looks simple and good, are those available in black too? or can you tell the name of this series or some link please?

oh, i responded dwyhajlo

yeah dopeshit, i usually do this too when i??m going out or am on the way but for more serious occasions a real wallet is just more suitable...

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    batmon said:

I have the bootleg version of this. It's a frayed mess. I'll probably get a new wallet before the end of summer, too.

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    doisn said:
    ^ looks simple and good, are those available in black too? or can you tell the name of this series or some link please?

Yup, here's the black: http://www.oki-ni.com/MENS-WALLETS/Raf-Simons-Fine-Grain-Leather-Wallet/invt/raf0638blk

Expensive, yes, but pretty much the highest quality you're going to get. You'll probably never need to buy another wallet in your life. (Let the clowning begin.)

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Duffle bag homie.....

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    doisn said:
    a decent amount of Coins

Coins in your wallet?

No

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Fuck coins tho.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    generic leather wallet from Nordstrom for cards, id

and this for bills:

doisn said:
    uhmmmmm, NO!

"How do you Strutters carry your Dough? "

"can someone reccomend me a Black Wallet" - thraed

Horseleech said:
    doisn said:
    a decent amount of Coins

Coins in your wallet?

No

euoroman experience....a lot of the currency is made up of coins, no singles in euroland.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Horseleech said:
    doisn said:
    a decent amount of Coins

Coins in your wallet?

No

euoroman experience....a lot of the currency is made up of coins, no singles in euroland.

I dig, but that's what pockets are for.

Personally, like to keep the wallet as small as possible. My days of having a Costanza wallet are over.

• Zippable CR wallet over here, My cards are always getting fusked up from dirt and sand.

dwyhajlo said:
    doisn said:

Yup, here's the black: http://www.oki-ni.com/MENS-WALLETS/Raf-Simons-Fine-Grain-Leather-Wallet/invt/raf0638blk

Expensive, yes, but pretty much the highest quality you're going to get. You'll probably never need to buy another wallet in your life. (Let the clowning begin.)

Thanks man, that??s exactly what i??m looking for!!! think i??m gonna go for this....

The_Hook_Up said:
    Horseleech said:
    doisn said:
    a decent amount of Coins

Coins in your wallet?

No

+ they pretty much worth sth. just imagine how much dollars you would get for the good ol D-Mark by now?

b/w

i want the f??nfer back, that was some real money, almost like a medio balboa

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    It should be a man law you never carry change in a wallet. I always give my change to my girl since I hate having it.

That said, I've been extremely happy with my headporter wallet I bought in Tokyo last year.

DOR said:
    It should be a man law you never carry change in a wallet. I always give my change to my girl since I hate having it.

dont like too many of em either, but a coin is not necessarily change around here

b/w

i give my change to the homeless

• The_Hook_Up said:
    Horseleech said:
    doisn said:
    a decent amount of Coins

Coins in your wallet?

No

How does this affect the strip club experience?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    doisn said:
    DOR said:

dont like too many of em either, but a coin is not necessarily change around here

Not here either. We have a $1 & $2 coin. We haven't had those in bill form for over 15 years.

I'm sure it doesn't matter much anyways, since there will be a bigger push to electronic money.

SmallAxeRick said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Horseleech said:
    doisn said:
    a decent amount of Coins

Coins in your wallet?

No

How does this affect the strip club experience?
    it's actually easier... a coin in a coin slot!

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    For coins/bills/cards, I like my taxi wallet...

I usually get about 3 years of daily use out of them.

Sunfade said:

:oh_snap: