I WANT YOU MF's TO SEE SOMETHIN

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,887 Posts
    You'll have to use your imagination, but I went a-walking around the business park this lunch and one of the mobile food trucks was playing a 4-bit version of "Food, Glorious Food" from Oliver. It sounded like a greeting card being played down a megaphone.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

:ahhh:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Okem said:

Gives me the willies just watching it.

• DOR said:

this is good and all, i just really hope it's not during the morning rush. id pour a cup of coffee in the guy's sax bellow

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    DOR said:

this is good and all, i just really hope it's not during the morning rush. id pour a cup of coffee in the guy's sax bellow

seriously, this music is fun but when you're standing on a platform waiting for the train this shit gets tiring really fast, no matter the time of day. Union Square always has dudes playing percussion on plastic buckets, I don't need some endless rattling competing with the sound of subway trains during my commute.

The best subway musician I ever saw was a west african dude playing one of those gourd-sitar type instruments with the million strings and this Malian-style hypnotic singing. I could listen to that for days.

• ppadilha said:
    vintageinfants said:
    DOR said:

seriously, this music is fun but when you're standing on a platform waiting for the train this shit gets tiring really fast, no matter the time of day. Union Square always has dudes playing percussion on plastic buckets, I don't need some endless rattling competing with the sound of subway trains during my commute.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Okem said:

Gives me the willies just watching it.
    When they get to the top of the building structure and are like 'to the top of the crane!' I was ready to nope the fuck out. Just go down to the ground where it's nice and safe please.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    vintageinfants said:
    DOR said:

The best subway musician I ever saw was a west african dude playing one of those gourd-sitar type instruments with the million strings and this Malian-style hypnotic singing. I could listen to that for days.

I say fuck that. It's Union Square, New York City. If the 5-10 minutes someone might have to deal with the music is a bother. They should really take a moment of reflection and think of why they are in the city.

I get that people want to move around in peace. But shit like this is what makes NYC great IMO and I couldn't hate being at Union Square. I'm hoping the next time I'm in the city I can drop $$$ in these dudes bucket.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Re: the crane climbers. There was a documentary a few weeks ago on Channel 4 here called Don't Look Down about those guys - travelling to Ukraine where it started etc. The whole hour I felt completely sick but couldn't look away. I'll try to track that down when on a laptop.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

That's it. Meet me at Maple Leaf Gardens if you dare. It's time to bring back Maple Leaf Wrestling. I'm prepared to drop flying elbows off the giant wall of cheese in the Loblaws...

• [i]
    toby.d said:
    Re: the crane climbers. There was a documentary a few weeks ago on Channel 4 here called Don't Look Down about those guys - travelling to Ukraine where it started etc. The whole hour I felt completely sick but couldn't look away. I'll try to track that down when on a laptop.

Thanks for the heads up.
    :shocked:

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    loner folk raer
    JectWon said:
    Not sure how I missed this...it's amazing.

• This has to be an intentional prank, right?

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    So, this video is pretty awesome...

• this might not be new to some of you, but it bears repeating:

its the sum of all it's parts that makes it a classique.

Kareem, 1963. Don't know why, but I love this picture.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,783 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Dealing out rejection letters like a boss.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    JectWon said:
    So, this video is pretty awesome...

OMMYGOODNESS

Edit: i haven't seen that whistler video is a looong time. totally made my night. thank you for sharing.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Okem said:
    Dealing out rejection letters like a boss.

Fake.

Hindi Comic Covers

A few of the many, many highlights:

And this might be my favorite - I love how the horse is defeating the grass monster by merely grazing:

A 13-year-old eagle huntress in Mongolia
    a/k/a the hardest core

vintageinfants said:

Awesome...

File this under 'fun shit to mess with while stoned and counterproductive'

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts