Drake profile in NY Times

Comments

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I notice that the boy Drizzy Drake has a tendency to misuse the word "ironic." Like "Isn't it ironic that my ex-girlfriend was a wedding planner in Atlanta." Or "It's ironic that my mom was a florist when she met my dad."

What is ironic about that?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Oh boy. All I need to see is one misuse of an apostrophe by longface-skinnybody and then I will so totally hate his guts.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    bassie said:
    Oh boy. All I need to see is one misuse of an apostrophe by longface-skinnybody and then I will so totally hate his guts.

snackin' on sweetmeats and tenderberries--no fourchette
    degrassi to billboard, so canadian ironic--alanis morissette

You just made my Friday afternoon a whole lot better.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    phongone said:
    I notice that the boy Drizzy Drake has a tendency to misuse the word "ironic." Like "Isn't it ironic that my ex-girlfriend was a wedding planner in Atlanta." Or "It's ironic that my mom was a florist when she met my dad."

See, now this is unacceptable. Even if he doesn't know the correct dictionary definition of the world, you can't fucking tell me he's never heard at least one stand-up do a tedious routine about how the lyrics to Alanis Vinaigrette's 'Ironic' aren't actually ironic at allzzzzzzz...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    phongone said:

See, now this is unacceptable. Even if he doesn't know the correct dictionary definition of the world, you can't fucking tell me he's never heard at least one stand-up do a tedious routine about how the lyrics to Alanis Vinaigrette's 'Ironic' aren't actually ironic at allzzzzzzz...

And therein lies the irony. I mean, wasn't Alanis also a child star ("You Can't Do That On Television")? Dude is deep as Lake Ontario!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Brian said:
    I can rap better than Drake.

Tajai can frap fresher than Drake.
    hilariously true

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    I'm thinking about starting a brand new thread about the new Roots album.
    there's a new roots album?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I've finally gotten around to checking out Drake, and honestly, I don't get it. He just sounds like another mediocre MC/producer in my opinion. I miss the day when hip-hop beats were actually soulful, funky, and rhythmic. His beats and rhymes have no feeling so I don't see, on a visceral level, what is there to get hype about in his music. I guess I'm just a crumudgeonly, confused old man.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

WINNER

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

WINNER

Make sure you PM Soundscan numbers to Faux_Rillz every week 'til it goes platinum.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    f_rillz is too busy with this on repeat to check this thread. http://content.onsmash.com/archives/40223

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Brian said:
    f_rillz is too busy with this on repeat to check this thread. http://content.onsmash.com/archives/40223

"Drake Just Wants People To Be Confident In His Abilities"

Disgusting

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    he just wants to be successful bro

• you guys still talking bout this dude?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    you guys still talking bout this Velveeta cheese stuff?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I got the word from a kid at work on why Drake is so great...I asked him "why do you guys like Drake so much? he doesnt even spit...he just talks" The kid responded "he is so good he doesnt even have to rap"

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Just had my 30-something Jamaican friend from NYC co-worker dude tell me..."you know how much I hate Drake, right? Well, I listened to his album yesterday and IT IS SOOOOOO GOOD!"

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    "I can???t write my raps on paper. The BlackBerry keys ??? my thumbs were made for touching them." ???Drake [MTV]

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    Brian said:

"Drake Just Wants People To Be Confident In His Abilities"

Disgusting

Faux is just angry because Young Drizzy uses Blackberry better than him.

"All his raps are written on a BlackBerry, if we don't have a BlackBerry we gotta borrow one or find one somewhere!"

- Drake's friend on how he only writes raps on his BlackBerry, never paper

"The BlackBerry keys...my thumbs were made for touching them!"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    from NYC co-worker dude tell me..."you know how much I hate Drake, right? Well, I listened to his album yesterday and IT IS SOOOOOO GOOD!"
    Says it all right there...

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    "he is so good he doesnt even have to rap"

what does this even mean???!

b/w

Post-Rap

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    "he is so good he doesnt even have to rap"

what does this even mean???!

b/w

Post-Rap

I have no idea

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    straight embarassing MTV special/ducksick on this dude right now. 'Better than good enough.'

I am crying over here, the images some of these conjure. So. On. Point.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    yeah there's a surprisingly high density of funny in there; not sure who's behind it, but props.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    "......comes out the shower w/ a towel on his head"

forget it

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The new Drake single:

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

This is mountain of gold.