Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Typical Kobe

again...Kobe = Tyson......Jordan = Ali

The most talented player to ever play the game...but one of the dumbest

Accurate analogy.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Congrats, Lakers. Nice comeback in one of the hardest-fought games I've ever seen.

Congrats to my Celtics, too, for an unexpected run through the iron of the NBA all the way to Game 7 of the Finals, where almost nobody expected them to be. This one hurts, though. Hurts bad.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    dudes are screaming and yelling and im sitting im my apartment in koreatown! last year wasnt like this. i think this one was especially oh so sweeeeeet.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    new single coming out

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Kobe's wife looks like Liberace.

So: was it Magic/Bird again?

I say no.

• Ron Artest's shoutout just made everyone in medical school feel that much cooler. I can't wait to hear that new single.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yawn

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    YEAH BOY!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Congrats LA/LA Fans

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i woulda rather seen Rasheed and the celtcs and the east coast win, but
    RON ARTEST!!!!!!!!
    CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    What a crazy, crazy game. I can't say I really enjoyed watching it at all - mega-tense the whole way through; I'm only now relaxing. A super gritty effort and 'nuff respect to both team's defenses but good god, was this a horrendous night for offense. Ray Allen = cursed. I can't explain it otherwise. Imagine how different this series would have been if Allen had been playing "mediocre" instead of "just terrible." And Kobe's off night was astounding for Mr. Best Closer In the Game. The upside is that the Lakers, as a team, made this victory happen.

Artest was mind-bogglingly incredible tonight, especially that last 3. I can't bring myself to put the words "clutch" and "Ron Arest" in the same sentence but fuck it - dude really came through, as did Gasol.

I'm surprised to hear myself say this but I do feel just a little bad for the Celtics. For a team that looked dead in the water at the end of the regular season, it was exciting to see them smack down the Cavs and Magic and then take this series to 7 (though, honestly, they got a lot of help from the Lakers in that regard). I can't feel that bad for them after how they've killed the Lakers so many times before but this - for me - is a hard team to hate on. They played with a lot of guts in the post so respect due.

But yay Lakers!

And boo marauding LA mobs.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Great game!!! Still buzzin'.

Shout out to Boston for bring it and making this an amazing series.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

The new Warriors. Way better than that blue dude superhero nonsense.

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    batmon said:

that's awesome...

they used to have a similar logo way back in the day right? Said "The City" with the golden gate bridge in a circle.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    mannybolone said:

Artest was mind-bogglingly incredible

highscheme said:
    batmon said:

that's awesome...

they used to have a similar logo way back in the day right? Said "The City" with the golden gate bridge in a circle.

Yeah, one of my all-time favorite sports logos:

Which then inspired this:

And YES, this new Warriors t-shirt = huge improvement over blue dude. It's a classy design with a nod to history.

mannybolone said:
    What a crazy, crazy game. I can't say I really enjoyed watching it at all - mega-tense the whole way through; I'm only now relaxing.

I was thinking that same thing, as I was watching... it was almost like they were making a nod to the World Cup or something, with that unbearable tension that the big soccer games have...and the lack of scoring...

Artest's is a great story. Easily the most interesting guy on the court, and it's so cool to see a megamillionaire talk so honestly and believably about his feelings and problems. He's just some dude.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Kobe deserved a bad game or two in this series. Ray Allen was a pesky underrated defender.
    You gotta remember how he single-handedly won them a couple games. Still the best in the game. On some A-Rod chasing Bond's (Aaron's) HR record, Tiger chasing Nicholson's major title record....The latter more well-regarded than the former but equally talented.

Real happy for Artest. Dude is the man.

Fisher = One of the greatest "role" players ever.

Gasol did his thing.

Perkins was out, but I just recalled Bynum was out when Boston won in '08

SWEET FUCKIN' REDEMPTION.

EPIC, EPIC GAME 7.....

Great way to finish off the NBA season.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Kobe deserved a bad game or two in this series.

Ray Allen was a pesky underrated defender.

You gotta remember how he single-handedly won them a couple games.

THANKS FOR REMINDING US

LAKERS WILL GO FOR THE 3-PEAT.

Lebron will go to the team that gets him a title. Not good for future Lebron, Inc. business when his resume says "Greatest ever, without a title". He's gonna wait until all the big pieces (for NY, NJ, CHI, CLE) fall into place, then make his decision. If NY can get another big free agent, I think that might be enough for him to leave Cleveland. Personally, i'd like to see him with the Clippers. Blake Griffin AND Lebron??? Instant contender.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    yuichi said:
    On some A-Rod chasing Bond's (Aaron's) HR record,

And just as likeable.

faux_rillz said:
    yuichi said:
    Kobe deserved a bad game or two in this series.

Ray Allen was a pesky underrated defender.

You gotta remember how he single-handedly won them a couple games.

THANKS FOR REMINDING US

LA OVER ALL BITCH.

the Clippers. ... Instant [del]contender[/del] STILL THE CLIPPERS FOREVER.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    highscheme said:
    batmon said:

that's awesome...

Yeah, one of my all-time favorite sports logos:

Which then inspired this:

And YES, this new Warriors t-shirt = huge improvement over blue dude. It's a classy design with a nod to history.

i like it alright... when i saw the first mock-ups about a month ago, i was hoping that they would incorporate the cable car into the number again.

JimBeam said:

i like it alright... when i saw the first mock-ups about a month ago, i was hoping that they would incorporate the cable car into the number again.

But the team doesn't play in SF anymore. Cable car would make nada sense.

Maybe if they threw a BART train on there instead...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I'll take the ring..but that was some disgusting shit...God bless Ron Ron

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    JimBeam said:

give larry ellison a couple years (this of course, being after he purchases them), he'll move them across the bay. empty lots in china basin-- and the proximity of the bay bridge means that this new logo will still apply.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    JimBeam said:
    mannybolone said:
    JimBeam said:

give larry ellison a couple years (this of course, being after he purchases them), he'll move them across the bay. empty lots in china basin-- and the proximity of the bay bridge means that this new logo will still apply.

And when the A's leave for greener pastures, the great city of Oakland will be left only with the curse that is the RAIDERS.

Why must I cry, for real.

Question for our resident b-ball analysts:

So did home court matter or not in the Finals? I'm inclined to say - hell yeah it mattered - but then again, these two teams played with such weird consistency from game to game, it's hard to say things would have absolutely gone in a different direction had the locations switched (except for maybe Game 6 in LA and Game 4 in Boston).