magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Ripping off South Park concepts.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    With whats going on in Arizona...

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    least to say it polarizes,

I thought the headshot scene was a bit over the topp.
    Could have worked if it had been a cartoon and britney spears

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It's made by the guy that did the Justice video. I think it looks amazing, but the message is a bit meh.

Just a liitle warning this a 18+ video, for any tenderberries.
    M.I.A, Born Free from ROMAIN-GAVRAS on Vimeo.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    wow, that was a whole lot of nothing!!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

That kid's just mad 'cause he ain't got no soul.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I'm totally going to try and get my teacher to show that in homeroom.

MIA CHANGED MY LIFE.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Dude has a whole series of wtf videos. One is about how his friends have dumped him because he was making an ass out of himself on Youtube. It's quite tragic.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Well, it is M.I.A....

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Dude has a whole series of wtf videos. One is about how his friends have dumped him because he was making an ass out of himself on Youtube. It's quite tragic.

Well, that's that situation sorted then.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

Well, it is M.I.A....

Exactly. I never understood why the world flocked to her. Oh well, some say she did change their lives.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Y'all dudes were riding her hard a minute ago.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

• I think it looks amazing, but the message is a bit meh.

I think it's a very powerful statement against government agents violently invading private residences so that they can round up young men and boys with red hair and take them to remote areas where the men and boys are beaten, shot and forced to run across minefields.

I mean, after watching the video, how could you continue to be for that?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Well, it is M.I.A....

ZINGGGGGGG....

I heard today that she's now fulfilled her commitment to XL and has just signed a worldwide deal with Interscope for an insane amount of money.

I don't think much of the song - sounds like she taped herself rhyming over Suicide's "Ghost Rider" while it played on a radio in the other room - but then I didn't like the first thing I heard off "Kala" either.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I think it looks amazing, but the message is a bit meh.

I think it's a very powerful statement against government agents violently invading private residences so that they can round up young men and boys with red hair and take them to remote areas where the men and boys are beaten, shot and forced to run across minefields.

Hitler had red hair, he dyed it black to match the hairy birth mark on his top lip. Google it.

I think it looks amazing, but the message is a bit meh.

Hitler had red hair, he dyed it black to match the hairy birth mark on his top lip. Google it.

"...and that's a scientific fact."

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

I ride, and have done so consistently down the years. I always considered myself to be in a minority, though. I see no reason to review that position just yet, not until I've heard the album.

Does anyone have that mix of her "Bucky Done Gun" that uses the beat from NWA's "Somethin' 2 Dance 2"?

Well, it is M.I.A....

ZINGGGGGGG....

I heard today that she's now fulfilled her commitment to XL and has just signed a worldwide deal with Interscope for an insane amount of money.

I don't think much of the song - sounds like she taped herself rhyming over Suicide's "Ghost Rider" while it played on a radio in the other room - but then I didn't like the first thing I heard off "Kala" either.

I'm acutely aware that me not liking something is often a precursor to that thing becoming wildly successful.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

I'm acutely aware that me not liking something is often a precursor to that thing becoming wildly successful.

MAJOR

And, for me, vice versa. I've loved some hot schitt that wound up being a flushed turd.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    RUN HAOLE RUN!!!

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    As a ginger, I'm going to find it hard to sleep tonight.

b/w

The kid getting blown up by the land-mine was pretty

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    didnt sound like much of any kind of music to me. the whole red kid round up was rather gripping though.

• I think it looks amazing, but the message is a bit meh.

I find this very persuasive, too. I guess I'm back to being on the fence about the issue.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    That video acts like Punishment Park never happened.

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts

I can't wait till that cat responds to the M.I.A. video, you know it's coming. Forget the Tea Baggers, I think this kid is might do something drastic.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I've never not been a fan, there isn't really much reason to talk about it most of the time though

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    It's made by the guy that did the Justice video.

Not surprising. Googling his name (Romain-Gavras) I see now that he is Costa-Gavras' son. Wasn't aware of that.
    I'm not sure what I think about this video yet. I don't care much for MIA, that's for sure.

• Like father, like son. But wow. The headshot was a bit too much, and the guy getting blown up near the end was definitely a facemelt moment for me.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    An interesting video...still trying to get my head around the red head thing (apart from the South Park nod). Initially, I thought the point was to dramatize the shit that happens to people of color, only with white folk but that doesn't seem quite right (after all, why not go with a bunch of Teutonic-looking folks in that case?).