THE LETTER FROM SOLAR

Comments

• On the premier dedication, shug called in and recounted the whole founding story of gang Starr. Shug wanted it to be "gangster" but guru was bring the knowledge side of things and they, together named it gang starr. He talked about the logo, how guru was the "star" for knowledge and shug was the chain to represent street power. Guru left for NYC and promised if he made it big he would come back and put shug on, a promise he kept true on. Shug recounted guru tracking him down to put him on after gang Starr got put on. Amzing story.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    He also mentions in the beginning Guru didn't rap. But doesn't say what Guru's role was.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    gotdaaam. well that answers a lot of shit. real shitty shit. its horrible that this happened to guru, but thats the type of mindgame controlling shit that abusive relationships all over the world are built on. 101.

try to intervene when you see those redflags, people.
    and in the meantime....solar needs severe stitches to go with the eternal shame he has heaped on himself

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    solar needs severe stitches to go with the eternal shame he has heaped on himself

This interview is 20 times more believable than anything Solar's spoken about thus far.

I got so much more respect for this man Guru after reading this interview.

"Fruitcake" got it coming for him though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    it takes two to tango

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    just 4 the record u were pro-wifebeating rite

• To me it all seems strange. Form Solar/Guru's side absolutely, as has been talked about in this thread.

But I also found it strange how in the Live At HQ tribute show Primo and the co-host (Shug?) were talking about Guru's appearance at the hospital and almost joking about him having an afro and long toenails. I know they were making a point about Solar's lack of care but I was shocked that they would be painting that picture of Guru in his last hours for the fans.

Anyway, it's all very sad.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    That second clip is particularly consistent with what that lady Tasha said in that interview about Solar.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Solar = dead man walking. I really can't see how he doesn't catch a bad one over this.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Solar = dead man walking. I really can't see how he doesn't catch a bad one over this.

I'm sayin'.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

I'm sayin'.

Hey,

I agree, a man will reap what he sows. His evil deeds will find him out.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• dayday 9,611 Posts

One can only hope.

Tasha was out here with them when I DJ'd for Guru and I believe her 1000%.

• blaqoutblaqout 11 Posts
    Daayummm.. Man it must really suck to be Mr. Mo'sher aka Solar right about now.. Hey Solar, you feel that breathing on the back of your neck? Don't worry, it's only Bumpy Knuckles. Psst...run!

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Yeah, you can definitely see these negative aspects of Solar's personality, as described by others up until this point which come through in that interview. At the same time though, the interviewer is terrible. Must be quite frustrating to have to sit there going through that kind of bs.
    Very sad what happenend to Guru in all this. Super douchebag Solar has some bad Karma coming his way...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

If not from the obvious frontline, from the legions of Gang Starr fans WORLDWIDE who are gunning for him.

And when it goes down, i truly hope it wont be quick.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    He's deleted his twitter account - shit is gnawing away @dude for real.

check this website out

http://www.fucksolar.com/

"Documenting Solar's Downfall. For Guru."

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

check this website out

"enjoy the ride (no solar)"

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

check this website out

He's still there - http://twitter.com/Solar_7Grand

Dude won't even type Premier's name.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/interviews/id.1535/title.tasha-denham-just-to-get-a-rep

interview with a worker at 7 grand...

some light shed for sure. fuck solar x 10000 after reading that. beating a man that has asthma and leaving him there?

#FUCKSOLAR

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    yeah that was posted on the last page. Interesting to say the least.
    dude needs to take that gang starr logo off his twitter page. he's got no right to be flying that there.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

dude needs to take that gang starr logo off his twitter page. he's got no right to be flying that there.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Damn, I read that Tasha Denham interview and was horrified. Reads like the paradigm of how abusive relationships with a control obsessed partner use to work. It was really painful imagining Guru (as any person in these kind of dilemmas) having to go through all this.

If this is all true, and Tasha seems to pick her words carefully, Solar really derserves to be hated. Had to deal with control freaks like these before but wasn't the one to fall victim to them. Still haunts me from time to time.

RIP Guru. Fick Solar!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    The streets are watchin b/w Suckas need bodyguards....

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    just 4 the record u were pro-wifepartnerbeating rite

Both Physical and Financial?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    This whole Fuck Solar/Kill Solar/Bumpy Knuckles should do this or that to Solar/i bet Solar gets popped bullshit is very weird and even more disturbing.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    This whole Fuck Solar/Kill Solar/Bumpy Knuckles should do this or that to Solar/i bet Solar gets popped bullshit is very weird and even more disturbing.

Yes, thank you, been really starting to disturb me the last few days. Some bad looks from people you'd expect to know better.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    It's a 2010 version of The Warriors with Soulstrut and twitter as the DJ

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Can you tweet, suckers? I say, the future is ours... if you can tweet!

Can Youuuuuuu Tweeeeeeeeeeeeet iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit?