NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Suns definitely have to outplay the Lakers and the refs, so many ghost calls

What the fuck is a "ghost call"?

It's what Stern told his minions to do to help make it a LA v Boston finals

(watup Harvey)

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Yeah, I'm no Mitch Kupchak tho getting Jerry West to give me Paul Gasol for free. Lol at Laker fans with "Mitch" in their signature on RealGM, etc but hey you guys owe it to the man...

Sure, signing LeBron would probably give a bounce to MSG shares but is that going to be something that provides a lift for the shareholders over a whole NBA season, much less the duration of a five-year contract?

If he plays hard and wins rings, sky's the limit
    But yeah, this is all just speculation

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Well WB doesn't own the Thunder..this is kinda different. It's not just the city or vicinity...It's a direct motivating factor for LBJ to own publicly traded shares in basically the company/ownership that he plays for.

I just think this opportunity for Lebron will be a very financially beneficial motivating factor than LBJ going to Chicago or the Nets.

I mean, I get it but I think it's a stretch. You, in this little line here, explained it more convincingly than the Forbes blogger. But I still don't see NBA players playing harder or going to a team for stock options. Shit, with the volatility in the market and the continued fallout from this little bit of a financial squeeze we've had in the past three years, I bet even CEOs who run companies see stock options as less attractive than good old fashioned base pay.

Sure, signing LeBron would probably give a bounce to MSG shares but is that going to be something that provides a lift for the shareholders over a whole NBA season, much less the duration of a five-year contract?

I guess he should buy now, and then unload when the stock bounces immediately after he signs.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Suns shot 10 more free throws and were called for less fouls..... Amare,Nash and that fat dude guarding Kobe should probably stop all the shit talking...it's not helping

• Options
    I didn't see him acting like a bitch when he got walloped by Howard.
    The little "I'm-a-get-him" move when he got up was laughable, but
    it was the Magic who were crying to the refs all. night. long.

anyway, I don't give a shiiiiiiiiit, cause it's 2-0 C's and coming back to Boston.

Of course you wouldn't see it that way, it's your team. Anyway, it's neither here nor there at this point. Good win for Boston. And this dude Rondo is the future of the franchise. Talk about a quick evolution. I guess it doesn't hurt to be running along side 2 hall of famers and Paul Pierce. But seriously, over the past 2 years, Rondo has really grown into his role.

And leave it to a Dukie to blow the last chance in the game last night. You call the time out before you put the ball on the floor. Rookie moves. And dudes been in the league for 3 years now.

Also, too many damn fouls, yet again, both ways. I lol'ed when that fan got into it with what's his nuts. The refs are a fuckin' joke in the NBA.

Pierce is also gonna be a Hall of Famer. You're just being stubborn in your hate here.

You're right about NBA refs, though. It's a disgrace what they continue to get away with.

Suns shot 10 more free throws and were called for less fouls..... Amare,Nash and that fat dude guarding Kobe should probably stop all the shit talking...it's not helping

GAME 2 TONIGHT
    PHIL WANNA PLAY MIND GAMES
    AMAR'E NASH AND JAREDDUDLEY619 CAN PLAY THEM TOO

DEALTH

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Beyond being outgunned, the Magic don't have the character and poise to be NBA champions.

For real. They've been exposed like a person undressed. I just hope the Celtics will have enough left in the tank to beat the Lakers if the Suns can't do the job.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    BUY ON RUMOR, SELL ON THE FACT

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    The refs are a fuckin' joke in the NBA.

Dude, you say this every other post. We get it. We got it 20 years ago. DEAL.

The sad thing is, even if I did say that every other post, I'd still be saying more than what dribbles out of your brain and leaks all over the Strut.

And by the way, officiating 20 years ago wasn't 1/10 the problem that it is today. Recognize, fool.

Pelvic - Paul Pierce in the Hall of Fame? He is a good scorer but doesn't it take more than that to make it to the Hall? And don't tell me rings, because he'd have ten clean fingers if not for KG, Ray, and Rondo...

Pelvic - Paul Pierce in the Hall of Fame? He is a good scorer but doesn't it take more than that to make it to the Hall? And don't tell me rings, because he'd have ten clean fingers if not for KG, Ray, and Rondo...

I hate the faces this dude is always making

That alone disqualifies him

• Options

Pierce was the 2008 Finals MVP, not any of those guys. And yes, he'll make the Hall of Fame with ease. He's not a "good scorer," he's a great one. Number 3 on the Celtics all-time scorer list right now, and in case you haven't been paying attention that's an impressive list.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    INSIGHTFUL COMMENT OF THE DAY: It takes more than one superstar to win a ring.

NEXT UP (AGAIN): The refs suck.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Pierce was the 2008 Finals MVP, not any of those guys. And yes, he'll make the Hall of Fame with ease. He's not a "good scorer," he's a great one. Number 3 on the Celtics all-time scorer list right now, and in case you haven't been paying attention that's an impressive list.

So you're a big Avengers fan too......got it.

• Options

Iron Man, Hawkeye, Captain America, the Vision... yeah, love the Avengers.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Iron Man, Hawkeye, Captain America, the Vision... yeah, love the Avengers.
    Uh-Huh

haha. all jokes aside, dude is HOF.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

If the Celts win it all this year he's a lock.

I am serious.

Pierceface is worse than even Duncanface.

And that's saying something.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Paul Pierce: the disrespect continues.

Yes, he brings some of it on with his clown-shoes antics (tweeting "get out the broom" after last night's game was NAGL at all ... especially since he must have done it from the bench after fouling out, considering that they were already asking Magic players about it in the post-game press conferences) but dude is an amazing player, a truly prolific scorer, above average defender, and put up big numbers on some shitty teams for YEARS before finally getting the pieces around him to win a championship ... and he shone in the post-season, winning a Finals MVP, which cannot be said for many of the so-called "great" players in NBA history.

in other words,

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Pierce and Garnett are goin' to the Hall.

The debate is on Ray Allen.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    duncanface remains to me

duncanface remains to me

Nah, use of additional props such as a wheelchair put Pierceface over the top.

If they make it back to the Finals, dude's probably rolling up on a Rascal.

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    tweeting "get out the broom" after last night's game was NAGL at all

His account was apparently hacked.

One or two more BIG showings by Allen and he should make it too. Another ring will help his case too.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

One or two more BIG showings by Allen and he should make it too.

He Got Game 2?

I'M FEELIN THIS AGGRESSIVE START

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Fat dude guarding Kobe looks like a Spur

KERR CHANGED THE SUNS