OFFICIAL NEW GRAEMLIN THREAD

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I've seen some new ones. Some of you have PM'd me with them.Post yours here and we'll see about getting them in rotation.

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    oh this is the official official...

alright, this one, based on my fave soul strut image and phrase

and this based on my fave soul strut persona, theMack (though the content of the word bubble can change, but i also thought asprin's version was very intelligent, the pixel cross pattern of mack's sweater)

• alright, this one, based on my fave soul strut image and phrase

My only qualm with your genius interpretation of the one SHIG is that no one says "NO AYO." They say, "AYO."

Can you explain the "NO"?

And where's dollarbin with all his new graemlins?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    alieNDN, you know any good tutorial to pixel stuff?

I wanna mess around with this shit.

oh, its a play on the i guess the more offensive "no homo" phrase, i saw it around here a couple of times...but "no" can easily be taken out if need be

Dor, funny as it is, i just learned it when i did that "no ayo" pixel thing. What i did was get the original image and shrink it to the size of a typical pixel image. then in photoshop, go to filter->pixelate->mosaic. and then you use the pencil tool to draw over/trace it. for best results restrict yourself to a 16 colour pallet, or when saving, save optimized gif and limit it there as a 16 image. its really easy. i imagine the same thing could be done using mspaint.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Dor, funny as it is, i just learned it when i did that "no ayo" pixel thing. What i did was get the original image and shrink it to the size of a typical pixel image. then in photoshop, go to filter->pixelate->mosaic. and then you use the pencil tool to draw over/trace it. for best results restrict yourself to a 16 colour pallet, or when saving, save optimized gif and limit it there as a 16 image. its really easy. i imagine the same thing could be done using mspaint.

Nice.. thx for the knowledge.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Asprin 4 president!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I made the Alien/Shig remix:

And per Shig's request, the Puto Bong Bong freestyle crowd-pleaser:

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    whoever made this had me rolling for no apparent reason

We need more of these plaese

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I made the Alien/Shig remix:

I don't want to start shit, but personally, I'd rather not see any permutation of "ni99a" thrown around here loosely or with a tongue-in-cheek attitude. I know hip-hop has pretty much made the term as ubiquitous as any other (my lips are like an ooo-wop when I start to spray it) but seriously, do we want to look like a bunch of snarky white dudes who think it's cute to say, "strictly for my ninjas" (an actual Urban Outfitters t-shirt, ok?) and not think we're herbing ourselves?

I'm not directing this at SoulOnIce at all - I just think it's one graemlin we'll be ok out excluding.

(And that's my criteria.)

• SHIT YEAH!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    'bout time we had some new ones around here.

These are the ones I did, some have been posted before but I fixed some incredibly minor problems with the previous versions, so use these versions:

with apologies to Freeway:

This one posted for my own amusement:

Here's one as trubute to Ross Hogg's alternative to "No Homo" (which fortunately died out on its own anyway)

Concept: Young_Phonics; execution: dollar_bin

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    And per Shig's request, the Puto Bong Bong freestyle crowd-pleaser:

The Puto one gets my vote.

and now, the unofficial Beef graemlin

• and now, the unofficial Beef graemlin

haha that's cool

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

This is so neccessary.

So is this. A lot of these are nice as f**k. Raj, just go crazy with the graemlins and give us a vast assortment to choose from, mang. Gotta have that Puto Bong joint in my soulstrut life, though.

I'd like to see one with that Lacoste alligator sayin' some sh*t maybe.

And you gotta have ALL the soulstrut catch phrases represented. "I'll work you, son", "don't risk it", all the other ones I can't keep up with. And what about my man Pap?!?

• and now, the unofficial Beef graemlin

Fuckin' classic!!!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

put this on a t-shirt (girl's medium) and i will buy it.

• First up, I totally agree with Odub. We can do without the ninja one.

Secondly, I think these tend to look much cooler when they're done up super tiny style.

Without trying to step on any toes, here's my revised version of the puto bong bong one:

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• awesome! now all we need is a tiny pixelated version of this guy:

with an "AYO!" balloon...

• and thirdly...