TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Without an 'e', grime is grim

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Where's that Hawkings Knowledge being dropped graemlin when I need it?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    If you change the 'r' in rap to an 'm', road rap is road map.

Actually, is there not a touch of the Liam Gallaghers in the boy Hawking?

Visually at least.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,904 Posts
    The drool?

If you change the 'h' in house to an 'm', hip house is hip mouse. Like Roland except smaller and less likely to be carrying diseases that make your organs fail. Or a small rodent that you carry with you on your belt for emergencies.

If it's being blasted from 10mm speakers on a bus, I am too old to be listening to it. It would be like a grown man going to the school disco.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts

enjoyed that. road rap is good clean fun.

There's a thread on there headed "Greatest Wiley quotes" or something which had me in tucks, even though I only understand about two-thirds of current "young person" speak.

lol. wiley is too funny.

road rap - well from what i can tell from watching youtube some months ago, when giggs started blowing up (grime artist not footballer) it threw the whole scene a curve ball given that he raps very slowly over hip hop tempo tracks (grime is usually at 130 - 140 bpm and usually has a distinctive double time flow)

if you take away those constraints just about anyone can have a go and all of a sudden it seemed like everyone was making really slow grime with a 50 cent kinda lean to it, very dark and gangsta, but its not "hip hop" or "uk hip hop" because most of that lot don't really like the notion of uk hip hop - they consider that to be airy fairy old school shit - its road rap, just a harder edged hip hop sound, closer to dirty south maybe.

majority of it is just bars about this or that postcode or fucking people up, but you get some cool stuff too. PS NO JAZZY LOOPS ALLOWED.

If it's being blasted from 10mm speakers on a bus, I am too old to be listening to it. It would be like a grown man going to the school disco.

that's called "sodcasting", seems to be getting less popular, not sure why. probably cause iphone ain't that LOUD for blearing tunes.

that's called "sodcasting", seems to be getting less popular, not sure why. probably cause iphone ain't that LOUD for blearing tunes.

Blasting tunes on the bus would speak to the Duder demographic, no?
    Pretty hood by all accounts.

On the other hand, no doubt that section of the 'skreetz' for whom the hood ride of choice is the train will find a spokesman of clarity and authority in the boy Chizzle.

P*** and L** to resurrect that debate. Surely we won't tire of a re-enactment.

well whether on the bus, or riding the train, that sound stands out like a varicose vein.

and i'm out like a trout

Blasting music on the train is pretty rare to see at the mo.

Although I have fond memories of some geezer getting on post-all night cocaine binge, cueing up a grim(e) instrumental on his phone and proceeding to drop lyrical fire for the next 20 minutes.

lol. i spitz hot fiya!!!!!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    "road-a-rap!?"

Blasting music on the train is pretty rare to see at the mo.

Although I have fond memories of some geezer getting on post-all night cocaine binge, cueing up a grim(e) instrumental on his phone and proceeding to drop lyrical fire for the next 20 minutes.

1986. Train a pass tru Carrington, Urmston on the way to Manc. Two kids get on, both white, in LL attire (Kangol deerstalker and ting). Both take it in turns to beatbox (poorly) to the otherwise-totally-silent carriage. One even threw in "Mynameisscooby" (he had a mullet and glasses).

Cringeworthiest thing evarr.

B..b...b... it was golden era!

Or was golden era later? Can't remember.
    Actually, now I think about it, golden era was before rap existed.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    For my fellow gooners. (or anyone else bored enough)

Chamakh, thoughts? whelmed? underwhelmed? can't see anything through the tears (cesc related)

DivShare File - Memo.m4a

Just realised I had a quick 30 second recording of said freestyle on my phone.

The quality is SHIT, but very audible is the classic 'look at you blud with your ginger hair' line. Bonus points for him not caring about the proximity of small children.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    He looks like a good player and it's nice to have someone more reliable than Bendtner but I don't know how much he'll play. Reading all the possible (inferior) replacements to Cesc in the rumours pages is a bit depressing, some really shit ones have been mentioned. Worst rumour I read was us to buy Shaun Wright-Phillips though, dreadful.

On a road rap tip, one of Giggs weed carriers, Joey Grind, is a constant source of comedy.

• When will people stop soundtracking their football compilation clips with this shit, shit music?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    When will people stop soundtracking their football compilation clips with this shit, shit music?

Never.

He looks like a good player and it's nice to have someone more reliable than Bendtner but I don't know how much he'll play. Reading all the possible (inferior) replacements to Cesc in the rumours pages is a bit depressing, some really shit ones have been mentioned. Worst rumour I read was us to buy Shaun Wright-Phillips though, dreadful.

It'll be interesting to have a player who scores a lot with his head. Not something you've seen at Arsenal for some time. But we'll have to learn to cross the ball as well.

I don't know if Cesc will definitely leave. Barca seem to think he's already theirs and don't seem keen on stumping up enough cash to pries him away from Arsenal. They'd rather try and force him out, to try and pick him up for cheap.
    Wenger may choose to not replace him, but hope that one of our many other midfield options could step up. TBH there aren't a lot of players out there who could replace him. Maybe Sneijder. Gourcuff has impressed, but I don't see Bordeaux letting him go after we snatched Chamakh already.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    When will people stop soundtracking their football compilation clips with this shit, shit music?

You should rectify it by making a Aaron Ramsey best of compilation, ft Ackies' 'Call Me Rambo'.

Sneijder.

Can't believe

a) Real let him go last year (12 mil ? loss)
    b) He didn't get a gig in the Prem this season (1,000,000 times the player Stevie Ireland is)

Always rated him, perhaps the perception is he's not big enough for the prem, but always at the centre of it and made a lot happen on Saturday night.

Yeah I was crying out for a Prem team to pick him up - always rated him as a talent and the kind of non fussy player who you can build a team around.

So, thoughts on last night's friendly? The first half was a miserable experience indeed. Thought King looked totally out of it and Baines was woeful. Crouch has no doubt had his card marked by WC referees again over his dodgy boy goal.

Walcott has absolutely no footballing brain.

Walcott has absolutely no footballing brain.

But he runs fast doe! That is like, well harsh! I guess Wenger knows this and this is why he's not a more frequent starter. In his defence, very few of the speed-merchant type players are called on to demonstrate brains, but up against international-standard defences who have systems for dealing with your forte, your game needs a plan B at least - or heads-up midfielders who are constantly looking for the one-two for you.

Mexico had the ball a lot, but was Capello taking lessons offa Jose in terms of letting them do all the work?

it didn't feel like we deserved to win, that crouch goal shouldn't have been allowed. walcott, as senior says, is great at running but can't seem to create opportunities.

Yeah, even with the lack of fitness Lennon just looked a lot more dangerous. I suspect that Capello is going to take Walcott no matter what and if that is the case I hope he keeps him as a supersub to run against tired teams rather than a starter since he always seems to choose the wrong option or delay it too much.

Not too many pluses really from the second string, thought Green played ok but then having Vela as the striker is always going to make you look good . Thought Carrick was shite and Milner seemed overwhelmed.

• why hasn't this thread been destroyed?

It's been destroyed twice in fact but it keeps on coming back because it's our only way of reaching out to you Dolo.

Meet with us, share a drink with us, watch Fox news with us.

We want you.

We do?