TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    if you want to blame someone, blame the baby boomers for inventing this fucking shitty system, for inflating house prices, for being greedy and taking shortcuts. [/devilsadvocate]. whats your take fellas.

Blame Thatcher.

i'm too young, explain what she did.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    if you want to blame someone, blame the baby boomers for inventing this fucking shitty system, for inflating house prices, for being greedy and taking shortcuts. [/devilsadvocate]. whats your take fellas.

Blame Thatcher.

i'm too young, explain what she did.

(in a voice wobbly with emotion, and as I remember, with quite a thick Jamaican accent)

"She took milk from our babies! SHE TOOK DE MILK FROM OUR CHILL-DREN'Z MOUTHES!"

LOL. god that milk. i remember milk cartons at my school in about 1986, maybe we resisted teh bann.

• lol. foreign policy get to fuck. what we want is a good spat about the economy.

on that issue i have no convictions that any of them will be any better than another. i actually think the way brown handled it wasn't bad. no one likes a recession, and obviously joe public is fucked off with the banks being propped up by the government, but joe public is clearly far too stupid and clueless to understand what would have happened if they hadn't done that. we're talking a financial apocalypse, people selling their houses and shit. if you want to blame someone, blame the baby boomers for inventing this fucking shitty system, for inflating house prices, for being greedy and taking shortcuts. [/devilsadvocate]. whats your take fellas.

1) The "they're all as bad as each other arguement" is complete bullshit. They are not.

2) No, the public are not too stupid and clueless, but there are often mislead by a media which has a vested interest in what it reports. A lot of the financial problems were caused by people lying, committing borderline fraud and other shady dealings. And rather than speak about it in clear terminology, all these financial commentators like to make it as impenetrable as possible by discussing it in dubious financial terminology so as to avoid the bare facts that people lied and committed fraud.

3) And speaking of the media, here is a good reason to vote for the Liberal Democrats: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/apr/18/clegg-media-elite-murdoch-lib-dem

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    if you want to blame someone, blame the baby boomers for inventing this fucking shitty system, for inflating house prices, for being greedy and taking shortcuts.

There's a heap of truth in this, although I reckon it's less to do with being engineered and almost wholly down to the random 'luck' of circumstances.

My in-laws' generation have reaped financial goodness in abundance, to the point where they are retiring comfortably at 55, having several holidays a year, new motors etc etc.

There were no black swans in their world doe.

We're getting them all now.

I mean, how many times has a volcano ever impacted your life before?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    if you want to blame someone, blame the baby boomers for inventing this fucking shitty system, for inflating house prices, for being greedy and taking shortcuts.

Actually, I haven't been able to pipnpoint the link yet, but I'm pretty certain that it was Alexander de Cadenet's fault.

3) And speaking of the media, here is a good reason to vote for the Liberal Democrats: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/apr/18/clegg-media-elite-murdoch-lib-dem

I've been saying to anyone who'll listen (and others who won't) that the resurgence of the Lib Dems has been a god-send; instead of being able to get away with slinging mud at each other, Cameron & Brown have suddenly been forced into the uncomfortable position of needing to address policies and issues, to at least pretend to be civilised adults.

The real winner is democracy.

David Yelland is still a cunt doh.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

I've been saying to anyone who'll listen (and others who won't) that the resurgence of the Lib Dems has been a god-send; instead of being able to get away with slinging mud at each other, Cameron & Brown have suddenly been forced into the uncomfortable position of needing to address policies and issues, to at least pretend to be civilised adults.

That's a most illuminating article. As you can imagine, to find myself agreeing with a former editor of The Slum places me in a unique moral quandary, the like of which I never pictured myself facing.

That's a most illuminating article. As you can imagine, to find myself agreeing with a former editor of The Slum places me in a unique moral quandary, the like of which I never pictured myself facing.

that is a very good read. good interjection neil son.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

My dudes

The Huntingdon Life Sciences mob are baying outside my office, changing the world by handing out leaflets and flicking their dreads in an insouciant manner.

Would've joined in but some dude videoing it and I need the job.

Go up to the window, take out a wodge of your crispest fifty pound notes, wave it at them, start riot, afternoon off work!

It's Bobby Zamora slays Juventus, Zamora for England all over again!

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts

Actually, I haven't been able to pipnpoint the link yet, but I'm pretty certain that it was Alexander de Cadenet's fault.

I blame Robert Elms. For most things.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Sterling work Duder.

I see SkyNews are focusing on the important issues..

Biggups @ Marmite. Wasn't it the RAF not so long ago telling the BNP to remove the Spitfire from one of their posters? They'll just have Griffin making statements from an empty, white room...

...preferably padded w/ a locked door.

Found those Clegg mania things online, don't have the skills for that unfortunately, but I highly approve, although do wonder if too much jokes devalues the Lib Dems - having visions of Brewsters Millions.

Terraces, anyone?

Someone needs to photoshop Clegg and Tim Westwood roasting Robert Elms, whilst a HLS trastafarian flicks through teh incomplete Flying Dutchman discography sitting in said jinja's crates.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    We interrupt this program to bring you a special news question: Which song was the theme melody of the show "Teen Time" on British Forces Network (today BFBS) during the late 60's?

teh incomplete[/b] Flying Dutchman discography sitting in said jinja's crates.

Robert Elms said...

I have been collecting FD for over 20 years and have every record on your list. Does anybody know if the phantom numbers eg 10119 were actually records? I also have many more discs on associated labels Amsterdam, Bluestime etc do you want a list of those?

19 May 2009 10:10

We interrupt this program to bring you a special news question: Which song was the theme melody of the show "Teen Time" on British Forces Network (today BFBS) during the late 60's?

No idea, though I would love to think it was Moonhopper by Paul Hardcastle.

You could try emailing them. From the website:

BFBS UK, Chalfont Grove, Narcot Lane, Chalfont St. Peter, Bucks SL9 8TN

If you'd like to drop us a line, please do! Enter your details below, ensuring you select the correct department to which your enquiry is to be sent. Someone from the BFBS Radio team will be in touch very soon.

Overseas, please call into your local BFBS Radio station.

Please note: If your query is regarding a song title, we are unable to respond because we do not keep the playlists.[/b]

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    ha, thx skel.....

I tried typing Teen Time and British Forces into google and did not get the results I had hoped for.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Are you referring to a certain Nationwide Bldg Soc ad featuring the music of McFadden & Whitehead in which 2 irresponsible 16 year old school leavers get their foot on the first rung of the property ladder?

Robert Elms said...

I have been collecting FD for over 20 years and have every record on your list. Does anybody know if the phantom numbers eg 10119 were actually records? I also have many more discs on associated labels Amsterdam, Bluestime etc do you want a list of those?

VINDICATED

So, did you sell him anything?

If I had Gates-level money, serious consideration would be given to this.
    I'd throw half a bar at the dudes in Modern Romance to get into the studio and cut a trademark synth-horn cheesefest of utterly lame cod-latin faux dance tracks with titles like "QPR are Shite", "North London Is The Armpit Of The World", "Ginger Blokes Are Twats" and "Elms Invented Jazz Funk LOL".

Then I'd buy up whatever company owned the FD imprimatur, and release one single copy of the Mods efforts under the group name Elmsprik, call it release 10119, and get it professionally weathered and partially rinked (British NM grade ).
    Next up, a full page ad in the Evening Standard announcing an auction at Sotheby's of the world's only known copy of this joint, to be held the next day, naturally ensuring that auction time coincided with Bobby's Radio London show.

Ha, I was actually just thinking about The Word and Amanda's little brother's contribution in particular. I'm racking my tired and confused brain and the only Nationwide advert I can remember are those "hilarious" Smith & Jones contributions?

Robert Elms said...

VINDICATED

So, did you sell him anything?

If I had Gates-level money, serious consideration would be given to this.
    I'd throw half a bar at the dudes in Modern Romance to get into the studio and cut a trademark synth-horn cheesefest of utterly lame cod-latin faux dance tracks with titles like "QPR are Shite", "North London Is The Armpit Of The World", "Ginger Blokes Are Twats" and "Elms Invented Jazz Funk LOL".

Then I'd buy up whatever company owned the FD imprimatur, and release one single copy of the Mods efforts under the group name Elmsprik, call it release 10119, and get it professionally weathered and partially rinked (British NM grade ).
    Next up, a full page ad in the Evening Standard announcing an auction at Sotheby's of the world's only known copy of this joint, to be held the next day, naturally ensuring that auction time coincided with Bobby's Radio London show.

Not my list unfortunately. But I am seriously prepared to invest in this. Lets have a whipround. Or start an ElmsRocks auction. I've got JoBoxer 'Boxer Beat' doubles to kick things off.