TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• Duderonomy said:
    ppadilha said:
    vintageinfants said:
    if only ibrahimovic wasn't such a shithead. I'd love to cheer for him.

or is it his shitheadedness that makes him play as spectacular as he does?

plaese to write about shitheadedness and its influence on football.

As a Bayern fan I'm sure he could go on all day ;-)

ive made my peace with robben. it's all very faustian, isn't it?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Have you seen This Is The End? When Jonah Hill prays for Jay Baruchel to be killed?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

I dunno about that, but I can tell you this much - right now, there isn't a player in the world I'd rather watch than him.

• DocMcCoy said:
    vintageinfants said:

I dunno about that, but I can tell you this much - right now, there isn't a player in the world I'd rather watch than him.

WATCH? oh most definitely. even though he might be playing in a shallower talent pool most of the year, he still manages to show other-worldly skill in CL and the world cup.

..... but is the kind of guy that you can wave a flag for?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    shortly after Ibra signed for Bar??a, I was watching a game with a lady friend who's a big fan of them and used to fawn over their various cutesy players. I don't remember which game it was but it was early in the season, so when a penalty was awarded they let Zlatan take it so he could score what I think was one of his first goals for the club. He walloped it into the net, and my friend's cheering quickly turned into a gasp of disbelief when she noticed that he didn't exactly celebrate, he just stood still with his arms stretched open in the cockiest manner possible. I asked her if she didn't know he was a dick, she was all like, "yeah, but I didn't realize it was that bad..."

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Video interview with him on the beeb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24177006

He cannot understand his "Difficult" reputation.

Difficult? Moi?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    For what it's worth -- apparently he's been a dickhead his whole life. A dude I used to play with here in NYC was in a youth academy team with him back in Sweden and even as a teenager he felt he was gods gift to us all.

A great player for sure though

jlee said:
    gods gift to us all.

There was a dude at school, S**n, who was similarly gifted, but at rugby. He was bigger than us, as if somehow he was 4 years on from his actual age and he used to punish us, painfully, every week. The kind of bloke you'd avoid tackling, if you wanted to walk home. He was a big fish in a small pond but he turned pro and I thought he'd do big things.

There was another lad who turned pro and he told me that S**n had squared up against some Of-Polynesian-Extraction player, perhaps a Tongan, and came off much, much worse. Said it was on some Easter Island shit.

S**n had then joined the army.

Alas, no Tongans playing footy in Zlatan's pond.

• the reason the world loves tortured geniuses is because ibra is the alternative.

vintageinfants said:
    the reason the world loves tortured geniuses is because ibra is the alternative.

this is why, even though empirically Pel?? > Maradona, in reality Maradona >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pel??

What kind of bloodclat Brasillian are you?
    I recently watched the 70 cup final. It was played in a fashion too aggressive to be allowed these days. Diego would have had shades of shit kicked out of him. Pele just took it, and he could head.

J i m s t e r said:
    What kind of bloodclat Brasillian are you?
    I recently watched the 70 cup final. It was played in a fashion too aggressive to be allowed these days. Diego would have had shades of shit kicked out of him. Pele just took it, and he could head.

Pel?? is the greatest on tapes of old games. Nowadays, not so much. Like Romario once said of him, when he keeps his mouth shut he's a poet. Post-retirement Maradona, on the other hand, is the gift that keeps on giving.

I haven't watched the 70 cup final in a long time. I remember thinking it was a much scrappier affair than the highlights suggest.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Sturridge chip was quality as well.

Daniel Sturridge Sensational Goal vs WBA by LFCmostar

Suarez was on fire today. Dude is all sorts of crazy, but guy can play.

Sturridge goal was amazing! I pray he's fit for the WC.
    I think the keeper made life easy for Alexsis, but still a great finish.

Straight red for Arteta - WTF?

• Stupid decision.

Also, in what universe can Chamakh being one-on-one with a goalkeeper ever be considered a goal-scoring opportunity?

Arsenal vs. Liverpool should be interesting next week...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    That first touch was going to take him one on one with the corner flag

I saw Sturridge's goal, at first I thought it took a deflection, but no, he actually meant it. Alexis had the help not only of the goalie but also Varane, who spun around and got lost, then gave him too much time and space.

I think VI should write an essay comparing and contrasting Zlatan's shitheadedness and Suarez's dickheadedness. There's enough in there for a philosophical treatise. The title could be something like "On Dickheads Kicking Balls: cuntlyness, cockyness, and creativity in contemporary football"

or how about "The Arse and the Ass: an examination of Nicklas Bendtner and the Dunning-Kruger effect"

• one man plays team sport
    waters reflect narcissus
    praise be to zlatan

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Most footballers are dicks, imho. Occasionally some exhibit a kind of uber dickishness, but it would be much easier to list the ones I'd actually consider decent human beings.

I see ManU are struggling to keep their true nature hidden.

Ferguson to reveal his true lizard self in next issue?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Everyone survive the windyness.. still here? Did your empty car escape being crushed by a falling tree?

You're two favourite English jakernapes have been at it on twitter - http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/iv-drip/jeremy-clarkson-vs-piers-morgan-the-twitter-beef-you-always-wanted-to-see-8907394.html

Best substitution EVAR?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Okem said:
    Everyone survive the windyness.. still here? Did your empty car escape being crushed by a falling tree?

You're two favourite English jakernapes have been at it on twitter - http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/iv-drip/jeremy-clarkson-vs-piers-morgan-the-twitter-beef-you-always-wanted-to-see-8907394.html

Excellent! I think I'm coming round to lanky, pot-bellied racist foolio Sparky Clarky.

• Hello all, been a while... Life ish

Who wants to club together?

Beat Records

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Man wants the ???High Fidelity??? life, to live teh bohemian dream. I'm in. Now you just need to find the other 99.9485%

^Too much cheddar for the records, but assume the building is worth it?

Arse v Dortmund tonight, I am excite.

Also, this is a bit late, but a great read:

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/the-madness-of-the-transfer-window

the potato part cracked me up.