TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    We'd been speculating as to whether you're a rasta w/ natty dreads...

WILL CLOSELY RESEMBLE ONE OF THE ABOVE

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Duderonomy said:
    We'd been speculating as to whether you're a rasta w/ natty dreads...

WILL CLOSELY RESEMBLE ONE OF THE ABOVE

Dutty is HOT! Please wear that cheerleader top.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Dutty you disappointed us dude.

Right, let's goad certain lurkers into posting.

I heard that Danny Breaks wears girly trousers and rocks suede jackets w/ black turtleneck

::dannybreakface::

Anyway, who is dannybreaks? Some digging legend?
    Maybe he can provide the skinny on setting up a stall at Spitalfields.

• skel said:
    Dutty you disappointed us dude.

And I was disappointed also, got sent away with work Zzzzzzzzz....

hah.... nah, strictly milk bottle and definitely no locks... username was only created due to passing of Smiley Culture..

Just so you can all sleep tonight - 33yr old white male. 6'1, 13st. Supports PNE.... (no dating PM's)

That Cisse goal was ridiculous... I'm thinking Chelski will have enough about them to take the cup. Horrific injury to Terry would be nice..

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    First track and the boogie (but is it 'buggie'?) track are definite stand outs on P to the MFin Oco album. But, more importantly, what are your views on the Dubstep skel? Have you been rinsin' it out?

Other Chud related - accidentally played the Twisted Fusion 12" on 33 rather than 45 and got a very pleasurable protodubstep listening experience. Much better at that speed. Also, that Jess Roden's got some proper rock man funk on it, Trouble In The Mind, which sadly seems to be unYouTubeable

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    DuttyBabylon said:
    I'm thinking Chelski will have enough about them to take the cup. Horrific injury to Terry would be nice..

Yes, and yes.

I see Capello is at 12/1 to be the next Chelsea manager. There's something both despicable and stupid about a club that wantonly disposes of talented and often successful managers in favour of marquee names who bring little to the table other than a veneer of grandiosity - "We are A Big Club, therefore we must have A Big Manager". I know this is a bit rich coming from a Liverpool fan, especially this season. But it doesn't matter because we're going to get fucking walloped tomorrow, and Torres will get a sackful and it will hurt like fuck, but winning the FA Cup will make no difference to Di Matteo's future at Chelsea, and I think that's disgraceful.

After bottoming out completely, Torres has come through two managers who were thoroughly indifferent to him, including one who he was imposed upon, and is hitting his best league form for years exactly when it matters. He'll probably have the game of his life tomorrow. This is because he's now playing for a manager who woke up one morning and thought to himself, "Fucking hell, I've got Fernando Torres in my team - birrova step up from Peter Odemwingie, eh?", and has decided he'd better make the most of it. Di Matteo is, of course, the second caretaker manager to take Chelsea to a CL Final in recent years, in spite of all Abramovich's tinkering. There's a lesson there. Pity nobody's translated it into Russian. I hope Bayern fucking batter them.

Junior said:
    Also, that Jess Roden's got some proper rock man funk on it, Trouble In The Mind, which sadly seems to be unYouTubeable

That is a fucking brilliant album. Best version of On Broadway ever.

DocMcCoy said:
    Junior said:
    Also, that Jess Roden's got some proper rock man funk on it, Trouble In The Mind, which sadly seems to be unYouTubeable

That is a fucking brilliant album. Best version of On Broadway ever.

Ha ha yes! Just skipped through the Duder record donations first time round - now going back in detail and the Roden is killing me. L*o, I owe you some Chud-Not-Chud for next time as this is a keeper.

Teh dubstep bored the shit out of me (cough) but at least it got listened to.
    Disappointed with the Goldfinger mash up.
    Liking the Hai Karate Soul thing.

One of those records was about 18 versions of a single note drone. Bizarre shit.

AfroSol was passable.

Everyone recovered yet? First series of post-booze truds today. Evacuation so good.

Ah well, perhaps a different selection for future journeys into the modern electronic music that doesn't suck.

18 versions of a single drone sounds like my kind of music.

Yesterday was gruelling to say the least. Intended hide in the background of away day antics was scuppered by upgrade to team manager. Survived awkward managership of ice breaking episode only to fall apart at first discussion section and narrowly avoid turning tired and sensitive rage into calling colleague dirty words. Spotted exit at break before bonding drinks and ran away.

Now happily WFH again and chilling to Roden so all is good.

Junior said:
    upgrade to team manager.

Are you a Stick or Carrot man?

J i m s t e r said:
    Junior said:
    upgrade to team manager.

Are you a Stick or Carrot man?

I haven't heard a line like that since I stopped frequenting certain bars.

In my day to day life as a PM I'm firmly a carrot kind of man. When managing various departmental heads on away days, a stick works better every single time.

Also, props to Duder for the domestic bliss tales as these will be stored away for an uncomfortable silence in pub moment. Only downpoint of the evening was that Beatnick arrived sans blanket.

Oh yeah, that Danny Breaks guy, can't believe the shit Beatnick was telling us about him. :hi:

J i m s t e r said:
    Junior said:
    upgrade to team manager.

Are you a rock or a sponge?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Glad the chud has gone down well. The Poco is real nice while the Jess Roden LP never lives up to the expectation of knowing it's The Meters backing him. Sorry you got lumbered with so much dubstep Skel, next time I'll bring a CD of sick beats for you.

H. Elephant says hi!

Teh dubstep,

I'm doing a boot sale in late may, maybe 10p a pop?
    And related:
    Which dude wants to be helper when I do this Spitalfields stall?

And what's up with every other footballer being called Ba or Cisse these days? Can't keep up. Keep thinking its just two dudes who change clubs every month.

It's doing the rounds, so I'm getting in early. In yesterday's local elections, a guy dressed as a penguin beat the Lib Dems in Edinburgh, while in Liverpool the Tories finished 7th (actual LOL) behind a guy in a polar bear outfit. Polar Bear and Penguin are in coalition talks, but are said to be "poles apart".

Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Duderonomy said:
    the Jess Roden LP never lives up to the expectation of knowing it's The Meters backing him.

Not on the entire album, though. I think it's only a couple of tracks, and not even the full band. Are you sure you're not thinking of Robert Palmer's first album? A good half of that is them.

That's a good one. Was also tickled to learn that today is Star Wars Day - May the 4th be with you.

DocMcCoy said:
    Duderonomy said:
    the Jess Roden LP never lives up to the expectation of knowing it's The Meters backing him.

Not on the entire album, though. I think it's only a couple of tracks, and not even the full band. Are you sure you're not thinking of Robert Palmer's first album? A good half of that is them.

Ahh, that'll be why. I picked it up thinking it would be like Dr John.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Now, I don't exactly speak with what I'd call a Brookside scouse accent. Years of living in Cheshire softened it to more of a Hollyoaks one. Nevertheless, a girl I once worked with not long after I'd moved to London thought I was Scottish. When I explained to her that Liverpool wasn't actually in Scotland, she said something like, "Yeah, but it's all North, innit?

Doc, do you find that your vestigial Brookside accent helps you with German pronunciation?

b/w this shit is like crack

The funny thing about the Midlands is you drive 45 minutes north and you're called a southern softie, and 45 mins south (Oxford, Leo) and your seen as some scally who's only there to case houses.

Joey Barton and Mark Hughes to gatecrash the party in the worst way, or City to gatecrash the Big 4 in the most delightful way?

I think I will struggle to comprehend what has actually happened in the last few years. I remember reading on this very thread about the hay-rab news and thinking it was some 'nother colossal windup being played on the club, like Robbie Neo and dem.

So the title goes to the biggest budget. Who'd a thunk it.

Colour me underwhelmed bordering on yawning.

Sets things up for an eventful Sunday though? Citeh could win, UTD could win, 3rd spot could go to 3 different teams, 4th spot no longer looks like automatic Champs league if Chelsea do the business... Blackburn & Wolves already down, Villa look to have survived Double-Agent McLeish.
    It's been a strange season with some great matches.

skel said:
    H. Elephant says hi!

?

Someone from Another Board who has met you IRL.

As for 4th spot=CL and the like, deeply unappetising to us OLD dudes who recall the greater glories of the European Cup. You were champs or it didn't happen. So now it's the old UEFA cup merged with EC.
    So wrong.

As for EPL, it's like who has set their eBay snipe highest.
    Minority view amongst the Brit contingent here, but it's mine and I ain't changing it. Now bid on the Z shirt Duder, up on the bay, seller kellst.

Never knew St*ve was a grip-and-flipper on the cycling jerseys. retrobike.co.uk will embrace you (road section).

skel said:
    Someone from Another Board who has met you IRL.

Hadrian. Oh god. Awful memories of accidentally antagonising a girl with downs in a pub.

skel said:
    Now bid on the Z shirt Duder, up on the bay, seller kellst.

I'm saving myself for the next Skel Chud Sale.

J i m s t e r said:
    Never knew St*ve was a grip-and-flipper on the cycling jerseys. retrobike.co.uk will embrace you (road section).

Thanks J*m, might have to update the bay because these are not repro.
    Old Subbuteo flying again. Italians are mad fer it. Maybe bobby Manc will buy, to better demo tactics?
    Of buying rather than football, natch

::insertwinksmileyhere::

There was an inflatable boy, and he goes to an inflatable school. While there, he finds himself having a really bad day. Bored with the lesson, he gets up and walks out of the inflatable classroom but, while walking down the corridor, he sees the inflatable headmaster approaching him.

The inflatable boy pulls out a pin and punctures the inflatable headmaster before running out of the inflatable school gates. Just as he gets past the gates, he thinks again, "I hate school", and once more pulls out his pin and pokes it into the inflatable school. He then runs as fast as his inflatable legs allow, all the way home and races into his inflatable bedroom.

A couple of hours later, his inflatable mother is knocking at his bedroom door and with her are the inflatable Police. Panicking, our inflatable boy yet again pulls out the pin and jabs it into himself. Later on that evening, he wakes up in an inflatable hospital and, in the bed next to him, he sees the inflatable headmaster.

Shaking his deflated head - more in sorrow than in anger - the Headmaster gravely intones:

"You've let me down; you've let the school down, but worst of all, you've let yourself down."

Duderonomy said:

I'm saving myself for the next Skel Chud Sale.

Coming soon - 45s version!

@Jimster
    I'm out strolling by the river, old docks skanky bit, gentle rain, slight breeze, glorious shit. Now can a man rock one of those mini umbrellas that attach to the head, and get away without taking clonn?
    Speak on it.

skel said:
    mini umbrellas that attach to the head

I would have to see the facial expression sported, before I could definitively call it. Rastaman on the way to cash in a 6-numbers-matching lottery ticket would work.