SC GOV WTF?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
http://www.thestate.com/newsextra/story/838992.htmlUnbelievable performance at the press conference. David Vitter eat your heart out.

Comments

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Incredible story. So this dude, the governor of SC, was in Argentina cheating on his wife during Father's Day weekend and didn't tell anyone he was leaving town? Must have been the greatest bootie call evar.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    never seen the record political game played so badly

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    What's this guys problem?
    American women aren't good enough for him?
    The R presidential hopefuls are falling like flies.

NY State Legislature WTF?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    It's too new. Not really any good links.

http://www.thestate.com/

Dude was hitting this Argentine chick for eight years. Flew there the other day and lied to his staff about about going hiking (totally impeachable). His performance in this press conference portrays a man with deep personality issues. His staff finally drag his ass from the podium. Just insane.

• At the very least he should be impeached and removed from office. He skips town without letting the Lt Gov in on where he's going, the wife (unbeleivably)says she doesn't know where he is but "isn't concerned" and his original justification was that he was wiped out from trying to deny his own state hundreds of millions of dollars in stimulus in a partisan stunt.

At the very least he should be impeached and removed from office. He skips town without letting the Lt Gov in on where he's going, the wife (unbeleivably)says she doesn't know where he is but "isn't concerned" and his original justification was that he was wiped out from trying to deny his own state hundreds of millions of dollars in stimulus in a partisan stunt.

He can be impeached for deliberately misleading his staff. If you see his response to that question in the conference, you can tell he realized that he was up shit creek with that one.

"Sanford apologized at a press conference to his family, and his staff at a press conference for "the way that I let them down." He said he had a conversation with his father-in-law a few weeks ago about where "my heart was ... laying my cards on the table."

"There are moral absolutes, God's law is indeed there to protect you from yourself. There are consequences if you breach that. This press conference is a consequence."

At first it was not clear what Sanford was referencing.

"I've been unfaithful to my wife and I've developed a relationship with what stared as a dear, dear friend from Argentina," he finally said. The affair has been going on for a year, he later explained.

Sanford announced that he is resigning as head of the Republican Governors Association.

"I spent the past five days of my life crying in Argentina," he said, "so I could come back and cry here."" HP

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    "I ask for y'all's" he began.

This is just sad for a family to go through so publicly. I look at the kids in my sons' class whose parents are dealing with this stuff and to go through it with the whole country watching sucks.

Meanwhile Dad Sanford is an idiot for dropping the ball so hard, as AWOL governor and as AWOL pops, he got caught. He would never have admitted to it otherwise. Lies about wildfires and shit. That's so weak.

b/w

Can't wait to see pics of this illustrious booty call cause you know that's next.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    At the very least he should be impeached and removed from office. He skips town without letting the Lt Gov in on where he's going, the wife (unbeleivably)says she doesn't know where he is but "isn't concerned" and his original justification was that he was wiped out from trying to deny his own state hundreds of millions of dollars in stimulus in a partisan stunt.

He can be impeached for deliberately misleading his staff. If you see his response to that question in the conference, you can tell he realized that he was up shit creek with that one.

"Sanford apologized at a press conference to his family, and his staff at a press conference for "the way that I let them down." He said he had a conversation with his father-in-law a few weeks ago about where "my heart was ... laying my cards on the table."

"There are moral absolutes, God's law is indeed there to protect you from yourself. There are consequences if you breach that. This press conference is a consequence."

At first it was not clear what Sanford was referencing.

"I've been unfaithful to my wife and I've developed a relationship with what stared as a dear, dear friend from Argentina," he finally said. The affair has been going on for a year, he later explained.

Sanford announced that he is resigning as head of the Republican Governors Association.

"I spent the past five days of my life crying in Argentina," he said, "so I could come back and cry here."[/b]" HP

"Don't cry for me Argentina"

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

"I spent the past five days of my life crying in Argentina," he said, "so I could come back and cry here."" HP

Crying from his tip.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    These guys are great.

Didn't this guy vote to impeach Clinton?

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/jun/22/watchdog-group-plans-ethics-complaint-against-ensi/

"Several senators from both sides of the political aisle, including Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts and Sen. Chuck schumer of New York, shook his hand."

Kinda made me barf a little in my mouth.

• can't find a video of the news conference that will play properly, can someone try to embed it here? thx

Damn people are so predicable.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

Can't wait to see pics of this illustrious booty call cause you know that's next.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    shit is just f*cking sad, the hypocracy in our government continues to blow my mimd

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The man has needs.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    It has come to a point whenever I hear a conservative politician get all high and mighty about morals and family values, I automatically assume he is a cheater, thief or a ped. I know its naive to think that only the right is guilty of this kind of stuff, but its a pattern.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Who is that with the look of shame in the background?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    WOW, facemelt.

This press conference is amazing. Worth watching all the way through.

Actually, if you watch the actual press conference, it appears that some people in the background are about to bust out laughing.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    i blame his inferior iphone, had he used the updated gps compass app he would surely not have mistaken argentina for the appalachian trail. i mean who doesn't have a friend in some place that begins with an A, right?

"I've been unfaithful to my wife and I've developed a relationship with what stared as a dear, dear friend from Argentina[/b],"

The dear dear friend is just as likely to be a man as a woman.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Actually, if you watch the actual press conference, it appears that some people in the background are about to bust out laughing.

They look like tourists just walking in off the street. That or Dem staffers coming to see the blood pour forth.

Question, Does he really think he can keep his job?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Argh, I wanna watch it but I don't know if those links aren't working or if the new work firewall is hattering.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    what kind of politician has to go all the way to argentina for some pussy? not a very good one, thats the answer. Clinton didn't even have to leave his desk.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Clinton didn't even have to leave his desk.
    That's why he was the Pres.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    When "hiking the Appalachian" and "visitng Argentina" became euphemisms, I WAS THERE!

When "hiking the Appalachian" and "visitng Argentina" became euphemisms, I WAS THERE!

Good one.

OK going awol is a bad thing for a gov.
    Still is that enough to impeach the guy?
    Or are you all so high and mighty now that getting something on the side is now an impeachable offense?

Impeach him because he lied to his staff?
    Give me a break.