What CHEESES are You Eating?

DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Officially f*cking with cheese on the daily b/w there are some raers out there. I need more knowledge. What are you eating?I OD'ed on this one goat cheese I was putting on everything in sight and now I am looking for that new shit.

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I eats no cheeses

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    right now my fridge has
    Gorgonzola (put this inside some mini peppers and sautee/grill
    Mature Cheddar (cheddere if you are latino)
    Smoked Gouda (dunno what to do with this, gets stuck in yer gums)
    Monterrey Jack (instant sandwich)
    and there's some extra stinky Camembert sat on the counter. (on raisin bread with grape tomatoes)

F*ck a rare arti$anal, I get it from Costco by the kilo

• BRIE

BRIE AND CHEESE MOTHERFUCKERS!

F*ck, Manchego is good but at the prices round here, it's not THAT good.

PS: Fontina really fell off in 08.

• tortatorta 5 Posts
    Grandpa just got back from mex with about 10 foil wrapped kilos of that queso seco. I wonder how customs lets that slide? Either way, its critical.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    San Joaquin Gold in my mac and cheese.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Where are the greeks at... feta/goat cheese all the way...

Actually I think it tastes ok but having it come from a goat fucks with my head. Not that a goat is any worse than cow cheese but its one of those inbred dairy-comes-from-cows things.

Feta is sheep dude

Anyone who lives near Titan foods in Astoria, get me some Bulgarian feta. Namaste or whatever.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    i am a cheese snob because i won't mess with dairy unless i know where it comes from and i'm certain it's free of babylon chemical

asiago stravecchio
    parrano
    primadonna
    burratta with truffle oil

and also whatever my friend anne has at her little stand around the corner from me. here is her website:
    www.saxelbycheese.com

Grandpa just got back from mex with about 10 foil wrapped kilos of that queso seco. I wonder how customs lets that slide? Either way, its critical.

Great first post dude. I had to google it.

You F*ck with the Mennonite cheeses too?

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Feta, Brie, Gouda are great in/with scrambled eggs/salads/steaks
    Mozarella/Parmasen for pasta related dishes, Cheddar/Edan for sandwiches,

Im the type of dude that can eat a whole block of cheese on its own, dont really need something to eat it with, Ill F*ck with all types of cheeses, matter of fact the only cheese i would not eat would is smegma.

ah yeah check this list, should give you a rough idea whats out there....

everybody say cheese

Edan is cheese now? Can we get a

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts

Haha. Seriously though Edan the cheese, isn't that like government issued cheese? I think they used to serve that at the VA hospital my mom was a nurse at

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i recently came to understand that pimiento cheese spread/dip is something you can actually prepare at home from a recipe. i thought it was just a whiskey tango 3am at the truckstop thing. I kinda got a hankering to try it (good memories of whiskey tango truckstops at 3AM haha), but i dont know how to make it yet.

all about a greek salad w/ the feta.

big into the buffalo mozz salad (cheese, tomato, basil, balsamic, or variations therof). it only works when the cheese is great. sub-par cheese will destroy this salad and make it go from a 10 to a 0. also it must be served cold. (like revenge)

funny thing is in Greece it's just called "salad"

Can any Italians verify that Rio Claro Latina Mozz is the best there is? It's f*cking good. Almost has a shell, then dirty smoky, then juice.... man BIEL I TELL YA!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

Haha. Seriously though Edan the cheese, isn't that like government issued cheese? I think they used to serve that at the VA hospital my mom was a nurse at

Not down under, maybe its a different style/grade.

Only one major cheese brand has it in its range here and its as expensive as all the others. I like it cause its softer than cheddar/tasty, which is probably the only two you can get from maintstream nmanufacturers, anything else you gotta go deli/indy supermarket....

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

ARDRAHAN!

Ardrahan is situated in Kanturk in Duhallow in Co. Cork, in the south of Ireland. Duhallow is a region reputed for its quality grass and clean environment. Ardrahan is made from pasteurised cows milk, vegetarian rennet and natural starter culture. Ardrahan is made on the farm and all the milk is produced on the farm at ardrahan.

Mary Burns(above) and her family run the farm and product the cheese. The farm is based in the lush countryside of Duhallow in north west county Cork. The Burns family entry into farmhouse cheese was accidental. It all started in the 1970's when Eugene Burns realised his family were unable to source the types of foods he wanted them to be eating. He started making yoghurt, cheese and sour cream. Twenty years later, the Burns family have perfected the farmhouse cheese and have made a family business from the product.

Mary Burns(above) and her family run the farm and product the cheese. The farm is based in the lush countryside of Duhallow in north west county Cork. The Burns family entry into farmhouse cheese was accidental. It all started in the 1970's when Eugene Burns realised his family were unable to source the types of foods he wanted them to be eating. He started making yoghurt, cheese and sour cream. Twenty years later, the Burns family have perfected the farmhouse cheese and have made a family business from the product.

SHIT IS STINKY! in a good way.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Oh cheese! Can't live without it.

Right now I'm a little short on money that's why I only have this one in the fridge:

Half goat, half sheep. Incredibly good with a little Dijon-Mustard and honey.

I like them to be strong in taste and stinky. Best when they are made from raw milk.
    Always enjoy being in France trying this unrivaled variety of cheese they even. I even try the one's that look like anything food related at all.

Last summer in Spain I ate this one:

Soft goat cheese with an edge that harmonized perfectly with fresh figs. Unfortunately nobody joined the fun and I had to eat it up all alone.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Not a big cheese eater, usually there's only extra old white cheddar and parmesan in the fridge, if even, but we had a dinner guest on Saturday and there's lots of cheese hanging about now. served blue cheese (creamy), Guinness cheddar, smoked salmon and cantaloupe. Having a slice of melon after blue cheese is a taste sensation!

When I was in Louisiana a couple of years ago, we went to a huge bar-b-q/seafood jamboree and there was a block of cream cheese slathered in hot pepper jelly on the buffet table. It looked like crap but tasted like heaven.

I LOVE scamorza affumicata which is like provolone or mozzarella (I loathe mozzarella) in look and texture, but 100000x more delicious because it is smoked. So Good.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Cyprus Grove Humboldt Fog

This stuff is like crack. They have another one called Truffle Tremor (with truffle oil and small pieces of black truffle) that is incredible.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I've been into provolone lately. Melted on toast with herbs. Grilled with red peppers and olives. Or just plain.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I usually stock whatever the cheese guy at the Haymarket has this week. Right now it's goat cheese, salsa cheddar, swiss, and bleu cheese.

• Some Scottish favourites from my deli:

Dunsyre blue
    Strathdon Blue
    Criffel Organic
    Isle of Mull cheddar
    clava brie (pretty different from classic french Brie de Meaux in a good way)

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Im liking a Derby Sage...goes really well with a French dry sausage. One of my favorite combos, with a nice lager of course. I know wine and cheese is supposed to be the norm...but the derby sage with beer is awesome.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Taleggio
    Cave-aged Gruyere
    Rogue Gorgonzola
    Prima Donna.

Word.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Where my Dubliner heads at?

And Trader Joe's has this Cheddar/Jalepeno Pub Cheese that I can't stop stuffing into my face.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I had a cheese yesterday evening with some apple slices and some nuts and that cheese was really delicious to me.

I don't know what kind of cheese it was.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    lately I've been all about:

Cave aged Gruyere
    Habanero Cheddar
    5 year Cheddar
    and my guilty pleasure

Fromage d'Affinois

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Uniekass Reserve Gouda 4 Days