This president is ok by me

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Do you guys want people to just roll over and say, "Fu*k what we believe. We musn't upset Mr. Obama."?
    They were elected based on their beliefs and owe it to their supporters to hold their ground.

The approval rating is at 60% right now (I think).
    That's 4 out of every 10 people not sporting a sh*t-eating grin.

Do you hear that cheering?

Hear it?

Listen....

That is Osama Bin Laden and his friends applauding the republicans and their "beliefs".

Think about it. Every time you attack the president, with your foul mouth, you are supporting the terrorist.

C'mon guys, lets leave the volcano monitoring where it belongs- in the private sector. Do you guys really want some big-government bureaucrat telling you what to do when your trying to get your volcano monitoring start-up off the ground???

I'm also starting my levitating magnetic train project this afternoon. Private enterprise y'all!

This is typical of a politician from a state that is mostly at or below sea level but don't think investing in flood control is a good idea.

As someone who lives in sight of multiple active volcanoes a monitoring system seems like a good idea to me.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    C'mon guys, lets leave the volcano monitoring where it belongs- in the private sector. Do you guys really want some big-government bureaucrat telling you what to do when your trying to get your volcano monitoring start-up off the ground???

I'm also starting my levitating magnetic train project this afternoon. Private enterprise y'all!

This is typical of a politician from a state that is mostly at or below sea level but don't think investing in flood control is a good idea.

As someone who lives in sight of multiple active volcanoes a monitoring system seems like a good idea to me.

You crazy liberals with your insistence on oversight! In a free market economy, volcanos monitor themselves.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Louisiana:
    Education ranks 28th

Health Care:
    Ranks last in the nation.

Alternative energy:
    None.

Your doing a heck of a job Bobby!

My first thought at the start of Obama's speech was that the Rs looked like school boys being scolded.

I heard NPR say that Bobby Jindal is the Republican Barack Obama! Smart. Young. Attractive. Clean. Articulate... His party's savior.

• I heard NPR say that Bobby Jindal is the Republican Barack Obama! Smart. Young. Attractive. Clean. Articulate... His party's savior.

hahahahahahahaha

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

You crazy liberals with your insistence on oversight! In a free market economy, volcanos monitor themselves.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

There must be a way the free market can extract profit from volcano monitoring. And middle schools. And grandma's heart medicine.

C'mon guys, there's nothing the market can't do, lets put our brains together and come up with real solutions, not just more taxes on our beleaguered wealthy! Looking at you SmallAxe....

I heard NPR say that Bobby Jindal is the Republican Barack Obama! Smart. Young. Attractive. Clean. Articulate... His party's savior.

hahahahahahahaha

Of course they said this before he talked.

Did anyone think that he delivered a good rebuttal? (Checking Fox News now.)

hahahahahahahaha

Nothing about Jindal on Fox, except the transcript.

They are having a lot of fun with Biden saying "What is the number of the web site" or something like that.

• He got panned on fox news last night.

"Please - don't wait another minute. Call the number on the screen RIGHT NOW and we'll throw in not one, but TWO! Snuggies with your Sham Wow. A $49.95 value for only TWENTY DOLLARS"

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

That was excellent. Was it me or did it look like Matthews was moving toward some sort of double face palm when they cut to that multi-screen?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

hahahahahahahaha

Nothing about Jindal on Fox, except the transcript.

They are having a lot of fun with Biden saying "What is the number of the web site" or something like that.

Via Huffpo:

BRIT HUME: "The speech read a lot better than it sounded. This was not Bobby Jindal's greatest oratorical moment."

NINA EASTON: "The delivery was not exactly terrific."

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: "Jindal didn't have a chance. He follows Obama, who in making speeches, is in a league of his own. He's in a Reagan-esque league. ... [Jindal] tried the best he could."

JUAN WILLIAMS: "It came off as amateurish, and even the tempo in which he spoke was sing-songy. He was telling stories that seemed very simplistic and almost childish.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    He was telling stories that seemed very simplistic and almost childish.

no point in over-reaching the intelligence level of the Republican base

The tone was just so wrong. After Obama kinda struck a dire but optimistic note, for Jindal to amble out and introduce himself with a big goofy grin and a "happy mardi gras'?? And then he basically served up the same bs Bush as the last 8 years (but this time we really will cut spending!! they just want to cut troop funding!!).

The speech was pretty bad, but the tone was just god awful...

• It's easy to justify sacrificing a fraction of the population for "the greater good" when you're on the winning end. The more we give government the power to take away individuals' rights and attempt to artificially even society out, the likelier it'll be that you'll end up in the minority on the losing end someday. And that will suck for you.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day but teach him how to fish and he'll eat forever.

I just hope self-reliance, man'ing the fu*k up and a world of cause and effect with consequences comes back in style someday.

& btw,
    Nancy Pelosi last night. Wow. What a muppet!

• it was like an NBA game
    some members of congress got their seats at 8:30 AM and spent all day there

• that Jindal speech sounded like the second runner up in a high school speech competition...I cant believe that was the offical Republican rebuttle. They would have been better off with one of their most Roman of party members and came out with a Cheney-esque scare the shit outta you stance. The new kindler, gentler GOP is just comedy.

• It's easy to justify sacrificing a fraction of the population for "the greater good" when you're on the winning end. The more we give government the power to take away individuals' rights and attempt to artificially even society out, the likelier it'll be that you'll end up in the minority on the losing end someday. And that will suck for you.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day but teach him how to fish and he'll eat forever.

I just hope self-reliance, man'ing the fu*k up and a world of cause and effect with consequences comes back in style someday.

Are you stoned?

It's easy to justify sacrificing a fraction of the population for "the greater good" when you're on the winning end. The more we give government the power to take away individuals' rights and attempt to artificially even society out, the likelier it'll be that you'll end up in the minority on the losing end someday. And that will suck for you.

& btw,

Nothing artificial in asking those who benefit the most from our government to pay the most taxes.

When the Republicans introduce cuts to all corporate and farm subsidies, tax breaks, and government underwriting of things like, highways and air traffic control that exist to help the corporations and the wealthy, then we can start talking about self reliance.

Teaching people to fish, is a good things, but Republicans are opposed to education, so people will have to learn to fish on their own.

So shut your foul mouth until you have something factual to say.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    It's easy to justify sacrificing a fraction of the population for "the greater good" when you're on the winning end. The more we give government the power to take away individuals' rights and attempt to artificially even society out, the likelier it'll be that you'll end up in the minority on the losing end someday. And that will suck for you.

& btw,

What part of the stimulus sacrifices a fraction of the population again?

Taking away individual people's rights? You mean like how Republican's want to take choices like stem cell research, the right to marry who you want and abortion off the table?

And this notion that government has never created sustainable jobs (this seems to be a permanent GOP grinder) is utter bullshit.

Sorry that the next 4 years will suck for you, and I hope that if this stimulus works at all that you will not benefit from it. That way you can flex your self-reliance. BOOT STRAPS!

• I think the Jindal speech was crafted to appeal to the segment of the public that has been zombified by watching one too many infomercials.

• Time will tell.

Are you stoned?

That would explain a lot. So he's a libertarian!

• It just seemed kind of vague and non-sequitur-ish.

And this notion that government has never created sustainable jobs (this seems to be a permanent GOP grinder) is utter bullshit.

You act like the govt created the internets or something!

SMH

It just seemed kind of vague and non-sequitur-ish.

My favorite part is this:

"the likelier it'll be that you'll end up in the minority on the losing end someday. And that will suck for you."[/b]

You mean like how so many of us felt over the last 8 years as we watched helplessly as the idiot known as George Bush squandered our money and reputation on a fool's errand on the other side of the world to no avail? You mean like how that sucked?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    It just seemed kind of vague and non-sequitur-ish.

My favorite part is this:

"the likelier it'll be that you'll end up in the minority on the losing end someday. And that will suck for you."[/b]

You mean like how so many of us felt over the last 8 years as we watched helplessly as the idiot known as George Bush squandered our money and reputation on a fool's errand on the other side of the world to no avail? You mean like how that sucked?

Oh snap.

• It takes more than one man to start a war.
    & How many more troops is Obama sending to Afghanistan?

It takes more than one man to start a war.
    & How many more troops is Obama sending to Afghanistan?

Mmmm hmmmm. Yes, Obama is a horrible president for trying to responsibly tie up loose ends left by his predecessor (whom with the GOP's powerlock on DC got us into the Iraq debacle---you are right, it took far more than 1 idiot, it took a whole bunch of idiots).

9/11 happened on Bush's watch, the economic crisis happened on Bush's watch, but you and other GOP apologists would have us believe that now they are the people to listen to when it comes to finance and national security. BULLSHIT. Dems are no great shakes, but ANYONE has better ideas and displays more competence than the GOP at this point in history. THEY CAN'T GOVERN. And there is living proof all around you but don't bother believing your own lying eyes.

It's the equivalent of Chris Brown telling Rhianna, "Baby, this time's different, I have CHANGED. How could I hurt you? "

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Who knew Strut was so patriotic!