This president is ok by me

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
I'm loving this.Energy. Education. Health Care.That's it, right there...

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Let's do this!

• CNN coverage: "Like Kanye West on his new album..."

• Other guy: "So I guess that makes the Republicans 50 Cent?"

• Really???

Man, that was good, and hopeful, and funny, and human...

And, they gotta make this some Rap Beef Shit?

Has the world become Soulstrut?

Anyway, I was straight-

• What are we all referring to? I haven't been catching the news of late.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    He mentioned...

STARK REALITY

• What are we all referring to? I haven't been catching the news of late.

President Obama gave non-State-of-the-Union State of the Union address.

It was very good.

Then, the media got involved.

The non-clapping Republicans are next.

By tomorrow, it will be ground into the carpet like so much dogmess.

American Politics as usual.

• Gahhhh!! Bobby Jindal's retort is crazy infomercial

• Gahhhh!! Bobby Jindal's retort is crazy

• autoauto 198 Posts
    Gahhhh!! Bobby Jindal's retort is crazy infomercial
    just caught a minute of it, but sounded like an andy rooney segment. "the stimulus even has money for a magnetic levitation train going from las vegas to disneyland"

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    just caught a minute of it, but sounded like an andy rooney segment. "the stimulus even has money for a magnetic levitation train going from las vegas to disneyland"

At first i thought i was watching a spoof. But then awoke to reality of what a complete fuckhead this guy is.

haha, dude brought up Katrina several times as if it was a good thing. Chris Matthews of MSNBC made an unintentional pun when he said that the Republicans in Congress were so shook that they had to "outsource" their response to Governor Jindal (who is Indian).

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I thought Jindal was outed for having zero clout in his own state last fall? The only reason I see the GOP trying to ride off dude is because he's young and Brown. Or maybe they're just trying to coast off some "Slumdog Millionaire" love or something.

At first i thought i was watching a spoof. But then awoke to reality of what a complete fuckhead this guy is.

haha, dude brought up Katrina several times as if it was a good thing. Chris Matthews of MSNBC made an unintentional pun when he said that the Republicans in Congress were so shook that they had to "outsource" their response to Governor Jindal (who is Indian).

That's kind of racist but still pretty f*cking funny. Matthews, man.

• One thing Jindal didn't mention is that the state of LA is in the hole 4 billie and even if he refuses the stimulus funds he'll get overridden by the state legislature.

One thing Jindal didn't mention is that the state of LA is in the hole 4 billie and even if he refuses the stimulus funds he'll get overridden by the state legislature.

Which actually would allow Jindal to retain cred with his Republican base yet not get blamed for the state losing money...

• Are you kidding me? He wouldn't survive re-election.

No governor can turn around and tell their state to suck it on some Republican principle. Not now. And getting overridden by a state legislature is not exactly deft politics.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Or maybe they're just trying to coast off some "Slumdog Millionaire" love or something.

Seriously, if Jindal is the new star of the GOP, they are in some serious schitt.

• Jindal is also a stealth creationist. NAGL

• KENNETH

Jindal is also a stealth creationist. NAGL

Ganesh angry!

BTW: since when do you have to be a STEALTH creationist in the GOP?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

DEAD ON (minus the charisma of Shamwow dude)

I mean, I want to like the dude at least on some "only in America" kind of way, but....geez. Talk about don't-believe-the-hype. If this guy and Michael Steele are what the GOP is counting on, then they have bigger problems than I thought.

Don't forget Sarah Palin. Her, Steele and Jindal are the GOP's holy trinity of potential saviors.

I never thought the Dems could look more promising than the GOP but good god, is the Grand Ol' Party looking pretty sad right now.

• Palin, Steele and Jindal

I'll take those odds.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Don't forget Sarah Palin. Her, Steele and Jindal are the GOP's holy trinity of potential saviors.

I never thought the Dems could look more promising than the GOP but good god, is the Grand Ol' Party looking pretty sad right now.

I actually think that Palin and Steele are kind of leagues apart from each other in terms of who their potential supporters may be, and I don't know enough about Jindal. The media seems to portray him as moderate and not overtly 'political', but then he seems pretty lost in ideology on the other side of it with his rigid stand on the stimulus. I guess it indicates some real tension in how the party wants to decide which way is up.

• KENNETH

• Palin, Steele and Jindal

I'll take those odds.

LOL. for real

watching now...obama is presidential to the utmost

• health car reform must not wait
    and will not wait!!!

thank god...ive been uninsured for four months.
    go O!!!

• Do you guys want people to just roll over and say, "Fu*k what we believe. We musn't upset Mr. Obama."?
    They were elected based on their beliefs and owe it to their supporters to hold their ground.

The approval rating is at 60% right now (I think).
    That's 4 out of every 10 people not sporting a sh*t-eating grin.