Movie quotes you find yourself repeating

1235»

Comments

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

"Her insides were a rocky place where my seed could find no purchase"

haha i seem to say this quite a bit, it was the first thing i thought of when i saw the thread title.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts

Ha! I love that one.

John Vernon was also the originator of the "pliers and blowtorch" speech in Charley Varrick, which inspired the basement scene in PF

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Do graemlinated quote count?

Also, if this thread was 20 years old, Fletch would have figured strongly in my response

It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Really, though, if you can't find a Lebowski quote to fit a given situation, you really haven't been paying attention.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    "That's how you do it - broad daylight"

(often paired with "rock-a-bye, baby")

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Quoting any movie, except Scarface, is pretty white...

La Bamba is an exception too, but you have to Mexican to quote that.

Empanadamn and I say so.
    "She wasn't my first and she won't be my last" - Bob from La Bamba

I use that quote a lot.

"Ain't my first...o' my last."

My whole family ('cept for my Dad) can reenact that whole movie.

• "Her insides were a rocky place where my seed could find no purchase"

haha i seem to say this quite a bit, it was the first thing i thought of when i saw the thread title.

Yes.

This one too...

• "I'm not your brother and turn off that shitty music" (big wednesday)

^One of my all-time favorite movies.

which just so happens to have been co-written and directed by one of the dudes on which the Coen Bros. based the Walter Sobchak character.

Are you referring to Jon Milius?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    A few:

"I ain't no freakin' monument to justice!" --Ronny Cammareri, Moonstruck

"You can't go to no bar to find a nice woman. You gotta go to a nice place, a quiet place like a library." --Clarence, Coming to America.

"Mind if I do a J?" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

• "And the quarterback is toast"-Diehard Part One. It was said by the dude who was cracking into the vaults and watches his crew of goons blow the crap out of the LAPD *pasue*

which just so happens to have been co-written and directed by one of the dudes on which the Coen Bros. based the Walter Sobchak character.

f*ckin' A.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    "there's a nice way to do that" - Vince Vaughn, Made

• Oh man, Grandma's boy is a slept-on official hood classic in these skreetz

and yes

"Check OUT the big brain on Brad!"

IS a favorite

• "badges? we don't need no stinking badges." - Blazing Saddles

"you take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!" - Young Frankenstein

"the feeling is mutual" (said with the Teri Garr accent) - Young Frankenstein

"i'll be back" - Terminator

"It's only a flesh wound" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"this one goes to 11" - Spinal Tap

"doctor. doctor. doctor" - Spies Like Us

"she keeps you on a mighty short leash there HI" - Raising Arizona

"not now Cato" - the Pink Panther

f*ckin' A.

oh jesus. that is one of my old boyfriends' dad. he is walter to a teeeeeeeee! very gangster and rather volatile.
    around the time just before the movie came we were going to drive from LA to Utah/New mex and go camping so we drive over to his production office near burbank i think he was working on some tv show called rough riders at the time, and so he's on lunch and he's demanding that Marcus brings a gun on our road trip and he's yelling at the top of his lungs about how wtf are we gonna do if we see a bear (mind you i don't know of any bears who like the desert), wtf are we gonna do blah blah making up outlandish paranoid scenarios to substantiate why we need a gun, and he pulls one out and lays it on the f*cking desk and i'm sitting there awkwardly in shock and he forces him to take the gun screaming so everyone in the office could hear, it was exactly like walter pulling that piece at the bowling alley in the film actually, so extreme and brutal and over the top and paranoid. needless to say we got to the parking lot and agreed to leave the gun in LA and hide it inside a guitar which was a terrible place to leave it but we were afraid his little brother who had cerebral palsy would find it, another story.

f*ckin' A.

oh jesus. that is one of my old boyfriends' dad. he is walter to a teeeeeeeee! very gangster and rather volatile.
    around the time just before the movie came we were going to drive from LA to Utah/New mex and go camping so we drive over to his production office near burbank i think he was working on some tv show called rough riders at the time, and so he's on lunch and he's demanding that Marcus brings a gun on our road trip and he's yelling at the top of his lungs about how wtf are we gonna do if we see a bear (mind you i don't know of any bears who like the desert), wtf are we gonna do blah blah making up outlandish paranoid scenarios to substantiate why we need a gun, and he pulls one out and lays it on the f*cking desk and i'm sitting there awkwardly in shock and he forces him to take the gun screaming so everyone in the office could hear, it was exactly like walter pulling that piece at the bowling alley in the film actually, so extreme and brutal and over the top and paranoid. needless to say we got to the parking lot and agreed to leave the gun in LA and hide it inside a guitar which was a terrible place to leave it but we were afraid his little brother who had cerebral palsy would find it, another story.

You didn't think he was rolling out of there naked, did you?

f*ckin' A.

You didn't think he was rolling out of there naked, did you?

if by naked you mean without that heat pack, yes. naive of me as an 18 yr old philly girl i suppose- i had never really been around too many right-leaning, NRA cardholding folks at that point let alone people who thought guns were awesome for camping with, so i was rather astonished indeed

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    "does your dog bite?" dog bites the guy "I thought you said your dog doesn't bite. That's not my dog" (pink panther)