BEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME...

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Black sabbath - Paranoid

- spidey

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    It's not "favorite" album, it's best album... And there can only be one...

in my mind, the two words mean the same

if its not good enough to listen to all the time, then it is neither

Wouldnt "Favorite" mean Mind Garden Pick and Best mean what dovetales w/ the general population?

well, Cosmo did use both words interchangeably (see thread title and his first post)

and as far as "mind garden," it would HAVE to come from there for our choices to have any conviction

I break it down like this...

Best Basketball Player Of All Time - Jordan/Wilt/Kareem
    Favorite - Reggie Miller/Pippen/Dr.J

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

and though it is technically a compilation, it's perfection:

damn, i had curtis live picked,but this album is fire too.

• Nick Drake's Pink Moon.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    enter the 36 chambers

• Critical Beatdown > Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

Not a single Beatles LP listed yet?

ANTI-ROCKISTS!

beatles did come to mind quickly, but upon consideration I could lose a track or more off of each lp.

although not so for:

end to end as far as i'm concerned

• amazing songs with strong lyrics, great performances by a host of legends, perfect sound. if its not the greatest, it has to be up there.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Obligatory

BAOAT is by Curtis, but it's not this one.

what is it then?

If I HAD to choose (which I'm forcing people to do in this thread) I would probably pick Superfly over Curtis.

But I didn't. I chose "Songs In The Key of Life."

I always skip Miss Black America

I do too

I ain't gonna lie, as great as Curtis is, his LP's can be uneven

Got To Find A Way is the only Curtis album I own that is all-the-way-through front-to-back classic

Superfly is Flawless IMO.

I WANT to agree, but like a lot of soundtrack albums, much of this LP fades into the background. Exceptions: "Pusherman," "Freddie's Dead," and ESPECIALLY "Superfly."

U buggin'!!!!!!!!

Oh, yeah, that song too...but even so...

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    moderators, delete mad drama teachers post immediately. u will see why

• moderators, delete mad drama teachers post immediately. u will see why

I'm all for free speech but that is uncalled for and I bet you female strutters especially would feel more comfortable with the scat pic gone dude.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

I'm all for free speech but that is uncalled for and I bet you female strutters especially would feel more comfortable with the scat pic gone dude.

Huh?

Huh?

The f*ck you mean, "Huh?", dummy, the shitmouth photo, get that bumboclaat shit TF outta here

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    It wasnt intentional. I think he pulled an image that was "protected" and we got to see a feces sammich.

Find a new Nike Drake image dude.

• first thing i thought of

beating out superfly,sgt peppers and sabbath-paranoid

• What's it gonna be, if it had to be one? I know the question is murder, but for real - when it came down to it and it had to be only one. Do you think you could pick?

Terrible, horrible question. I guess I'd pick Glenn Gould's first recording of The Goldberg Variations.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    SGT. PEPPERS WINS.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    What's it gonna be, if it had to be one? I know the question is murder, but for real - when it came down to it and it had to be only one. Do you think you could pick?

Terrible, horrible question. I guess I'd pick Glenn Gould's first recording of The Goldberg Variations.

WE HAVE A WINNER.

Someone tell me where I can another scat picture for this shithead please.

• What's it gonna be, if it had to be one? I know the question is murder, but for real - when it came down to it and it had to be only one. Do you think you could pick?

WE HAVE A WINNER.

Someone tell me where I can another scat picture for this shithead please.

I'm lost here... Do you hate this record for some reason?

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts

Money Jungle

• Headhunters deserves an honorable mention. My true pick would probably be a tie between Pet Sounds and Whats going on though. Really impossible to pick just one...

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts

If I HAD to choose (which I'm forcing people to do in this thread) I would probably pick Superfly over Curtis.

But I didn't. I chose "Songs In The Key of Life."

I always skip Miss Black America

I actually like Roots better than either of those.

*ducks and hides*

Agreed. I've owned over ten copies of Roots while questing for a stone mint copy... and I always gave copies to deserving friends over the years. It's been half a day since I posted that Placebo image and I'm now tearing it down and putting Roots in it Place.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    My pick would be "Superfly" as mentioned already a couple of times. Curtis is probably my favourite artist of all time, I think this album is his best in that I love every track on it (maybe 'Junkie Chase' a little less) and it was my first Curtis album and I still play it on the regular.

Honourable mentions (if we're allowed!):

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    SOUND BOMBING 2

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts