ADVICE COLUMN

124»

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Seriously... you attach my name to that... neither of you are funny.

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    Damn, Grafwritah why do you insist on posting shit like this? What is the point? Is there some reason you felt it was worth your time to write that whole spiel and post it rather than posting something clever, funny, or insightful or doing something else, like taking a walk, reading a book or cooking dinner?

Damn, Grafwritah why do you insist on posting shit like this? What is the point? Is there some reason you felt it was worth your time to write that whole spiel and post it rather than posting something clever, funny, or insightful or doing something else, like taking a walk, reading a book or cooking dinner?

Well, maybe because I don't. You don't have to agree with everything I post but making up some blatantly just nasty stuff is completely out there. Ridiculous.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I suggest listing all your records and making people discuss them

Everyone but Grafwritah:[/b] I had a problem with dude for a while but then I realized he's actually cool, he's all about getting a rise out of folks and does it quite well. He is definitly the only person on this site who is guilty of this, he is probably the most elaborate at it though.

In the end I say take Grafwritah as an internet performance artist, and remember for all the outlandish shit he says he still comes correct in a lot of the political talk on this here site.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    AP
    1. I am currently undergoing a shift in my outlook and beliefs. I am trying to open myself up to new possibilities and new understandings. My question is this: what instructional records should I listen to, to help me in this journey? I have been doing the practices on "Your Mind Can keep you Well" by Roy Masters. Any other recorded self-help suggestions would be appreciated.

2. I have been a practicing atheist all my life. Recently, I have been having some quasi religious stirrings and although I have always been a determinist with the occasional free will loophople, I am starting to think in terms like plan, destiny and calling. Am I getting stupider or smarter?

I joke around from time to time and sure I will mess with some of you occasionally but come on, I can't even believe some of you would think I would post some mess like that.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Hey AP - I am a workaholic. I work for myself so I always have stuff to do and there isn't any limit to it. I can't say no to dj gigs unless they don't pay well, even if it means I don't have time to do everything else I need to do. A lot of the time I can't take breaks except to eat or maybe watch TV with my wife for half an hour, or mess around on the board for a little while. I'm also something of an insomniac so I spend a fair amount of time reading late at night so I can eventually fall asleep. Otherwise if I really take time to go to a movie or a bar or whatever, I usually feel guilty that I am not working, and can't fully enjoy myself. I also get antsy realy quickly when we go on vacation even if it is just camping one night or to the beach for the day. So my question is, how do I make a schedule and stick to it without feeling bad about not getting enough done when it is chill out time? Or is it OK to be working really hard since I am young and need to be planning / saving for the future? I think this is a very NYC kind of mode to be in so I am especially curious how someone living in California approaches this.

Oh and one other question. What is the definitive version of Have Nagila to play at weddings? I've been playing the version by the Barry Sisters but it kind of sucks IMO.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Hi AP,

I am Korean, but speak the Japanese language. I am currently working at a Japanese company and i have not yet revealed the fact that i am actually Korean. Due to war-time animosity and what not, there is certainly still tension among the two nations, and I feel like I am caught inbetween. Me being neither completely Japanese nor completely Korean. your insight is appreciated.

yuichi

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Dear AP,

I can't stop eating chicken.

I feel like having some chicken erytime I gets hungry, and I whenever I see pictures of fried chicken in buckets[/b] i gets very excited (no ayo).

Is that bad?

Regards,
    a sad chikan addict

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dear ap,

i have the complete opposite problem that urrrs has. i have time for all kinds of shit but i never get around to doing any of it. i come up with all of these ideas for producing or djing, but when it actually comes down to the time to lay these ideas down, i never get around to doing it. i'll be thinking of some shit while i'm at work or school and then when i get home and can actually work on stuff, i waste my time doing some pointless shit or go out with my friends. i used to think it was a motivation problem, but i don't really know anymore. it's just that whenever i get around to working on something, i don't feel like doing it anymore.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    dear AP, i feel like a cat on a hot tin roof ALL THE TIME. what should i do to relieve this? peace, stein. .