You Really Think Obama is Going to Win?

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
I went on a road trip across PA this past weekend and saw house after house, a sea of McCain banners in people's yards. Not One Obama banner. Anywhere. In fact, the only ones I've seen have been up at Penn State (home to many liberal professors). I'm convinced much of America is what I saw driving. Just making an observation. Some of you might be delusional. It didn't help that Obama got sonned at the debate either.b,121b,121Are you prepared?

Comments

• If it weren't for your lack of spelling errors, I'd swear King Moist hacked into your account.

• This whole election shit is riged!b,121Mccain will win then die his first term then we will have the MILF/b1 left to run the country. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" /1

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    All I am saying is that I am preparing to live with McCain as our president. There are some racist ass batches out there who will tell you one thing and do something different behind the curtain.b,121b,121img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yaoming.gif" alt="" /1

• yeah, like i've always said about any election "either way my vote doesn't count."b,121b,121cry all you want about me saying that.b,121b,121sure i'd love to see Barry win it, but once that ol' loon dropped the bomb with choosing Palin as the vice i'm pretty sure that was the deciding factor for the rest of "Americana."

• Reality is this is a RED country! Only a handfull of states are blue. In GA I see more Obama stickers and hear more middle to upper class white's talk about how they are sick of the republican party. Many of them were Bush supporters once.b,121In a nutshell, I think so many have lost their homes, jobs, stocks.etc. They just want some real change.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    People don't want change. They want the former status quo that had them as comfortably propserous....whether that comes from Obama, McCain, or Ryan Seacrest. Change would entail sacrifice and hardly anyone is actually interested in that.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I hope that America elects Obama, i really do. But i have a feeling that America will elect McCain.b,121b,121in fact, i have more than a feeling: i have 100 Euros riding on it.b,121b,121Prove me wrong USA, i dare ya.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm a pessimist. I think McCain will win and I will cry and life will go on.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121This whole election shit is riged!
    b,121Mccain will win then die his first term then we will have the
    MILF/b1 left to run the country. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" /1 b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121a href="http://www.voteforthemilf.com" target="_blank"1http://www.voteforthemilf.com/a1b,121b,121People saying Obama will win by a landslide live in a bubble. It will be a very close election.

• Dude central PA has been and will always be Republican. What makes it a swing state is that a huge portion of the states population lives in the Delaware Valley. PA also has more hate groups than any other state in the country so not seeing many Obama signs while driving across the state is not much of a surprise.

• Options
    Obama WILL NOT LOSE.b,121b,121He has the look, voice, smile, charisma, calm determination and integrity that all people look for in a leader. In that sense, he has a major psychological advantage over McCain. Just as JFK had over Nixon, even though Nixon had more foreign policy experience.b,121b,121Republicans ran the US into the ground over the last 8 yrs, and people understand that another republican term might be enough to sink the US into complete chaos.b,121b,121Most Americans want an end to the war, and so does Obama. McCain wants to stay in the fight for at least the length of his term if he were elected prez. b,121b,121In general, most people want change and will welcome someone who can provide it.

• b,121That's a funny observation - I went to Cedar Point yesterday in Ohio (rollercoasters, hell yeah) and was doing my own sign/bumper sticker poll. It was all Obama in Ohio, at least where I was. Not one McCain sticker or sign in sight.b,121I expected the opposite.b,121b,121I had a warm fuzzy feelin' on the ride home (in addition to the rollercoaster buzz).

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Yeah, PA is looking kinda scary. A lot of other swing states are looking good tho. I'm trying to stay really pessimistic, but as far as people letting their biases show behind the curtain, a href="http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/09/has_the_wilder_effect_disappea.php" target="_blank"1this post/a1 made me feel a little better. Voting for prez is kind of a whole different ballgame tho. Stay focused everyone.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I hope that America elects Obama, i really do. But i have a feeling that America will elect McCain.
    b,121
    b,121in fact, i have more than a feeling: i have 100 Euros riding on it.
    b,121
    b,121Prove me wrong USA, i dare ya.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I understand where you're coming from, but when you live here like I do, you have no reason to walk around predicting a McCain win unless you are supporting him./b1 I'm a little too close to it to be objective - OBAMA ALL THE WAY. A change is not gonna come when you're moping around on message boards predicting enemy victory. Just cast your goddamned vote and don't start analyzing shit till the votes roll in. America is too uptight today for this kind of pessimism messing up your program.b,121b,121No offense, but just because somebody saw too many McCain signs in one place, that's no reason to start rapping on Obama as if he were Nader. Buck up and quit crying.

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121Most Americans want an end to the war, and
    so does Obama./b1 b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Verdad, and falso./b1

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I havent seen ONE McCain banner, button, etc since i have moved to SF.b,121b,121Which makes sense.b,121b,121I have hope.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I havent seen ONE McCain banner, button, etc since i have moved to SF.
    b,121
    b,121Which makes sense.
    b,121
    b,121I have hope.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Yeah, but SF is like Boston???very left. Our respective communities do not represent the majority of Americans, and thank god for that, because I'm not down to kick it with the Bush right. I was not raised like that.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    nevermind.

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121Which makes sense.
    b,121
    b,121I have hope.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Yeah, but SF is like Boston???very left. Our respective communities do not represent the majority of Americans, and thank god for that, because I'm not down to kick it with the Bush right. I was not raised like that.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Y'all Dems never learn y'all's lesson, do y'all?

• my parents were down this weekend and we were talking about this whole thing and my mom was like "U BETTER VOTE FOR OBAMA CUZ I CANT LIVE WITH THAT OTHER SHIT ANYMORE!" she said most of central cal is for mccain and the amount of racist shit she hears out there like "im not voting for a black man!" and all that kind of stuff is apparently widespread in middle amerifornia. she is also very nervous about palin becoming president. anyways, its weird living in big city califoofie cuz im always so insulated from what regular whiteys are thinking.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    [sarcasm] Yeah, Obama has to win, cause he's hot, but im not feeling his left arm [/sarcasm]b,121b,121GTFOWTBS on this a href="http://www.voteforthemilf.com" target="_blank"1http://www.voteforthemilf.com/a1 ! Im not trying to stick up for her, but for us women in general. It is so disrespectful to womankind to make webpages like that and exploit their sexuality. It's so fucked up. THIS ELECTION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. America is slowly turning into Idiocracy and it's scares the shit out of me.b,121b,121Im sure some of the men of this country would just cringe at the fact if there was a voteforthedilf.com about McCain.b,121b,121This country acts like its f*cking American Pie or some lame as college movie with body shots and shit. ugh.b,121b,121/rant

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121Which makes sense.
    b,121
    b,121I have hope.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Yeah, but SF is like Boston???very left. Our respective communities do not represent the majority of Americans, and thank god for that, because I'm not down to kick it with the Bush right. I was not raised like that.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121right, i was saying that in response to RAJ's first post how he sees McCain shit everywhere.b,121b,121Just stating how you dont see one here.b,121b,121Oh! I saw McPain on an old man who walked by me. Had a great convo with him, too.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121Y'all - y'all's - y'all?
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I find it very hard to believe that you actually speak like this.

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121Y'all - y'all's - y'all?
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121I find it very hard to believe that you actually speak like this.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I do talk just like that. That you find it hard to believe is really incredible...as everyone across like 15 states does so.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121America is
    quickly/b1 turning into Idiocracy and it's scares the shit out of me.b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121America is slowly turning into Idiocracy and it scares the shit out of me.
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121"Slowly?"b,121b,121The GOP's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    The ratio of technology to education in this country must surely be a violation of quantum physics.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Are you guys really putting that much stock in the number of bumper stickers you see on a particular stretch of road somewhere or how many racist uncles you know that won't vote for Obama? C'mon, it's a big country out there. I'm no fan of polls, but at least there is *some* science to it.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121America is slowly turning into Idiocracy and it scares the shit out of me.
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121"Slowly?"
    b,121
    b,121The GOP's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Ok ok I guess I was being nice. youre right.b,121b,121jesus it's scary.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    * sorry for my potty mouth. LOLb,121b,121not very lady like, i know, but it irks me to no end. I just need to not let it, and lead an example.b,121b,121Obama 08.