What are some good summer beers?

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

I had one of these with dinner the other night..I likes. A good beer to have food with, especially pork...tasty tasty pork.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

I had one of these with dinner the other night..I likes. A good beer to have food with, especially pork...tasty tasty pork.

I know a couple of people who graduated from the Beer University there. Also, the .5 liter mugs (with the handles) are good if you get in any bother with Brits on the Piss.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

I remember liking this too. I think I bought it because it was one of the cheapest hefeweizen singles at $entral Market... which means it's like 9 bucks.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I remember liking this too. I think I bought it because it was one of the cheapest hefeweizen singles at $entral Market... which means it's like 9 bucks.

one of the oldest beers in the world. praobably THE oldest brewery? you can study there. a friend of mine quit college to study in weihenstephan. the have great milk and yoghurt too!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

unbeatable, especially on tap.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    what is summer beer?

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    ayo, this is totally turning into a "What Beer White People Like"[/b] thread..."ohh this one is so good, but it's even better when you have it in europe".

most of these beers, in no way exemplify the feeling of "summer" by any means. what do you fools do? sit outside in your gardens all summer reading books while disecting the taste of these certain beers? who here still rides for semi-cheap beers? sure you can have a nice hefeweizen with your meal on that date, but summer [to me] is really all about drinking the hell out of some Tecate, Modelo, Country Clurb, ect, and whylin out till 4am hollerin at breezewalds like you don't have work the next day.

who's with me?

you sound poor.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I havent had one of these in years, but this thread reminded me of Summer of 92...after my final exam I bought a quarter-pound of smoke, and loaded the fridge up with 5 cases of these big boys:

that was a great summer beer that summer...ahhh College.

The quarts of Carta Blanca are OK, but what I really love is the Pacifico Ballena:

You have to go to Mexico for these, I've never seen them exported to the US, probably because they come in a deposit bottle.

You have to go to Mexico for these, I've never seen them exported to the US, probably because they come in a deposit bottle.

Caguamas! Love how you can order those bastards in bars too.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    ayo, this is totally turning into a "What Beer White People Like"[/b] thread..."ohh this one is so good, but it's even better when you have it in europe".

most of these beers, in no way exemplify the feeling of "summer" by any means. what do you fools do? sit outside in your gardens all summer reading books while disecting the taste of these certain beers? who here still rides for semi-cheap beers? sure you can have a nice hefeweizen with your meal on that date, but summer [to me] is really all about drinking the hell out of some Tecate, Modelo, Country Clurb, ect, and whylin out till 4am hollerin at breezewalds like you don't have work the next day.

who's with me?

europe?

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts

I'll ride for this one...

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

Pacifico sons Tecate and pretty much all other Mexican beers in my opinion.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

been wanting to try that shit. heard it was great.

its not all that

and it comes in a IKEA glas

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    white ales/wheats/etc.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Possibly so, but does it come in cans for less than $10 a 12-pack?

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    if we're talkin' cheap beer that's a thirst quencher. I'm not ashamed that to rock

in fact after a hot summer night in the kitchen...I'd rather have one of these.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

who's with me?

hell to the yes.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

Up here in Oregon Tecate is surprisingly expensive, "imported beer" prices. Its like six or seven bucks for a six-pack.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Plaese to recommend some good white ales/wheats/etc. to enjoy during the dog days of summer.

I'm going to recommend a Belgian Saison. These usually come in a larger champaign looking bottle with a cork.

Foret, Moinette, Moinette Brune, Saison Dupont, and Bier de Miel are all pretty tasty. If you are partial to having lemon in wheat beers the same works well with most of these.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

been wanting to try that shit. heard it was great.

its not all that

and it comes in a IKEA glas

Buggin'!

Hoegaarden is delicious, and octagonal glasses are not the intellectual property of IKEA.

In other brews...

Paulaner makes a good weissbeer.

St. Bernadus does the Belgian white to perfection, IMO.

Happy to see a couple of people repping Oberon.

Plaese to recommend some good white ales/wheats/etc. to enjoy during the dog days of summer.

I'm going to recommend a Belgian Saison. These usually come in a larger champaign looking bottle with a cork.

Foret, Moinette, Moinette Brune, Saison Dupont, and Bier de Miel are all pretty tasty. If you are partial to having lemon in wheat beers the same works well with most of these.

Yes! This also reminds me - It's about time that the geuze (a lambic variant) and Flemish sour ales got some shine. Though typically expensive, the traditional Belgian exemplars are just wonderful.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Yes! This also reminds me - It's about time that the geuze (a lambic variant) and Flemish sour ales got some shine. Though typically expensive, the traditional Belgian exemplars are just wonderful.

Cost wasn't a factor when I made the recommendation. If people want cheap, then Tecate 12 packs are the way to go. The Belgian Saison ales are brewed/fermented in the Winter for the warmer Summer months, so that is why I recommended them.

I am actually about to brew a Summer Saison in the next couple days to have ready in a few months when it is really hot in Texas. I use organic lemon zest and paradise seeds during the fermentation. The end result has a nice lemony aroma and flavor.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Tsingtao!

Pacifico is good.

Yevisu is the truth.

I guess I prefer Asian and Mexican beers.

• I had one of these with dinner the other night..I likes. A good beer to have food with, especially pork...tasty tasty pork.

one of the oldest beers in the world. praobably THE oldest brewery? you can study there. a friend of mine quit college to study in weihenstephan. the have great milk and yoghurt too!

the funny thing is that when i peep out the window i can actually see the Weihenstephan brewery!
    the distance from my living room to the brewery is like 1000 meters... it's a small world!

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    forget about all this mass produced little dude beer stuff!

me and my flatmates just started the semi-professional homebrew business last week with this joint

we are now able to brew 20 l of any type of beer we want every day (summer beers included), depending on the availability of malt & hops.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Up here in Oregon Tecate is surprisingly expensive, "imported beer" prices. Its like six or seven bucks for a six-pack.

you can buy these in LA along with the gordo regias and tecates.

forget about all this mass produced little dude beer stuff!

Seriousness please. Enjoy your over-flavored, under-bodied swill.

Jokes

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

I'll ride for this one...

Cosign. Tried that for the first time a month ago and really liked it.

Also ride for everything HarveyCanal posted and...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    if we're talkin' cheap beer that's a thirst quencher. I'm not ashamed that to rock

in fact after a hot summer night in the kitchen...I'd rather have one of these.

Cosign.....in the winter I like a Chimay once or twice a week....in the summer I like to splurge on a Bitburger Premium....but for the most part, a MHL will do the trick after a ball game or fishing in the hot sun.

Most of the guys I play softball with drink Budweiser after the game.....last week one guy brought a case of Busch and took a bunch of heat about it.

Then one of the black dudes on the team came to his rescue and said "It may not be the best......... " B[/b]ut U[/b] S[/b]ave C[/b]ash H[/b]omie"