What are some good summer beers?

124»

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I got one of these for tonight. All the wheat beer talk made me cop!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I don't know if this was invented in Texas, but I was in Texas when I was introduced to it. If it's really, really hot, don't underestimate the refreshing qualities of a standard American style light lager served on the rocks with a squeeze of lime. Doesn't really matter which beer, you're diluting and masking the flavor so it's really about the liquid and cold rather than the complex interplay of esters and phenolics you get with the higher end beers.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    the complex interplay of esters and phenolics

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    I rock this when it's warm weather:

Portugese, fuckin yummy, and (best part is): $4.99 a 6-pack at local liquor store.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I just copped 2 bottles. Savin it for the Playoffs tonight.

That looks hella nasty. I look forward to hearing how it tastes to you.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Yeah, but I already add a Lime slice & a Jalapeno to my Tecate anyways so we'll see tonight.

• MurcMurc 15 Posts
    I rock this when it's warm weather:

Portugese, fuckin yummy, and (best part is): $4.99 a 6-pack at local liquor store.

Great. If you're going to Portugal, stick to that. The other popular beer sucks:

• crashcoursecrashcourse 214 Posts
    Philadelphia Brewing Company - Walt Wit

no good images, its kinda new

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

Yeah, but I already add a Lime slice & a Jalapeno to my Tecate anyways so we'll see tonight.

I tried that chipotle beer when I was at the Rogue brewery and it was surprisingly good. I don't think I could drink it all night, but it was an interesting flavor combination that worked.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    I like Superbock, but regular is DEFINITELY the best. Bohemia is the deep album track though, mighty tasty, oft slept on.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I tried that chipotle beer when I was at the Rogue brewery and it was surprisingly good. I don't think I could drink it all night, but it was an interesting flavor combination that worked.

Its alright. Cant drink all night plus the price is crazy.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

A Lone Star tall boy set me straight earlier.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

A Lone Star tall boy set me straight earlier.

i've only had lone star on two occasions, acl festival both times. it seems that it would be nothing special otherwise, but ice cold in the 105 degree austin heat, it was like 12oz of liquid heaven in a can.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

I tasted one of these the other night because my friend got it as a joke. And it was just as nasty as it sounded! Does anyone ride for this?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

so gooood! And low on the alcohol tip.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

I tasted one of these the other night because my friend got it as a joke. And it was just as nasty as it sounded! Does anyone ride for this?

these are in every store in my neighborhood, but being that i hate clams, i can't see me going there... i see mexican dudes copping it constantly...

• MurcMurc 15 Posts

so gooood! And low on the alcohol tip.
    "And"? That should read: "But low on the alcohol tip."

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I order clamato for the bar just so heads can add it to there beer. I'd rather add it to a bloody mary.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

Does anyone ride for this?

+

+

=

• young_creamyoung_cream 540 Posts

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    The one that's cold, not too watery nor bitter but preferably semi-obscure and gets you buzzed. Add a lemon. I have no brand loyalty, but I know I should.