What's Cookin?

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
My dinner was so tasty I had to share. We had some fresh cut branches the other day so this means it's time to smoke something. I had some country style ribs and also had some dry rub from a previous venture. Smoked those bad boys then braised them for a few hours. Today I got to reap the rewards. Hand pulled the pork and pan fried the meat in the oil that floated to the top in my braising liquid. Smoked pork carnitas!!! Damn that shit was tasty. Some tortillas, gravy, avocado, cilantro, salsa (not homemade...slacked on that) and some cheese. mmmm bitch. what's cookin?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Smothered Chicken in a Coconut Lemongrass Stock.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Damn Primecuts and Batmon! What time is dinner at your place every night? I need to stop by. I'll bring the Jameson.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I'm about to prepare something new. Tofu b/w cumin laced spinach & shrimp.

Yum

Tofu b/w cumin laced spinach & shrimp.

Damn Primecuts and Batmon! What time is dinner at your place every night? I need to stop by. I'll bring the Jameson.

Bush Mills Bro!!!

Ive seriously thought about havin a SS dinner @ The Batcave one day. I cook and muthafuckas spin from my collectron.

Tofu b/w cumin laced spinach & shrimp.

Don't be mad that I cook the bombazee cuisine.

and a bottle of Ruination IPA to wash it down.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

done.

• unityunity 179 Posts

I'm poor. And depressed.

I'm poor. And depressed.

Dude.

That Microwave shit aint cheap.

U better get you College boy, 3 day, Pasta on.

Pasta/veggies/water/oil.....done.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    A couple of weeks ago, I impulse e-purchased a case of these:

I grew up on them suckers and they aren't to be had around these parts.

12 years ago, Fiesta carried them...but that was short-lived.

Anyway, the beans arrived about a week ago and last night I made a big pot of them along with a couple links of andouille sausage over white rice with some tabasco thrown on top.

Took me right back on home and my wife and child were into it as well.

Not enough spinach, but otherwise success. I'm fully satisfied.

Tofu w/ Cumin infused Spinich w/ Shrimp

Not enough spinach, but otherwise success. I'm fully satisfied.

Tofu w/ Cumin infused Spinich w/ Shrimp

That's what i call a Hot Salad.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I have a cornbread question.

Every recipe I see asks for buttermilk - has anyone made it with something else? Whole milk for example? Or regular milk and another ingredient?
    If I don't use buttermilk - will it be inferior?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Last night I made pasta with arugala, walnuts and white beans. I also added a liberal amount of asiago cheese.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I'm making ma po tofu for dinner tonight.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Every recipe I see asks for buttermilk - has anyone made it with something else? Whole milk for example? Or regular milk and another ingredient?

I use regular milk when I make cornbread and it tastes as good as any other I've had.

"Traditionally, milk that has started to culture was used in cornbread and other baked goods, both for its pleasant sharp taste and for the leavening boost(its acids react w/ baking soda to generate carbon dioxide)"
    - Enda Lewis & Scott Peacock

If your makin it from scratch, i'd use buttermilk. If your just adding Milk to a box of instant cornbread, id say go ahead. U can always make a sour milk by adding some cider vinegar and lemon to some regular milk.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Made Curried Goat two days ago. Wife does not get down with spicy food so I have been eating it for two days straight. Killed it last night after work.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    i went to a funeral yesterday and had some homemade lunch at some church afterwards complete with tostitos. that was actually really good considering i CAN'T cook.

fuck-a-duck, i get all these great ideas for f??d and then i'll go to the grocery store to get the ingredients and all i pick up is wheat thins, beer, and cereal

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

U can always make a sour milk by adding some cider vinegar and lemon to some regular milk.

Thanks! This is what I was wondering about. It will be from scratch.

I use regular milk when I make cornbread and it tastes as good as any other I've had.

I may not even notice the difference, so I think I will have to experiment a little. I just needed to know if there was a reliable second-choice.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Made Curried Goat two days ago. Wife does not get down with spicy food so I have been eating it for two days straight. Killed it last night after work.

EXTRA OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!! Good job Gooch.

U can always make a sour milk by adding some cider vinegar and lemon to some regular milk.

I may not even notice the difference, so I think I will have to experiment a little. I just needed to know if there was a reliable second-choice.

Damn I cant find the Dave Chappelle Ethiopian Titty Milk skit

• pasta with spinach, feta, olives, lemon, and shallots.

okie dokie.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I roasted a 4lb chicken (free range/organic) the other day.

First I brined it for about 5 hrs or so. Brining keeps the breast moist since that cooks faster than the thigh.

1 gallon water
    1/2 cup sea salt
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    tablespoon of crushed black peppercorns
    2 crushed cloves of garlic
    dried thyme
    bay leaves

Took it out of the brine, rinsed it out, then dried. Stuffed a cut up lemon, some red onions, a few more cloves of garlic and a few sprigs of thyme. Then I rubbed the skin of the bird w/ some butter and olive oil.

I roasted it in the oven at about 375 for about an hr and 15 mins. It sat on top of a bed of roasted veg (red potatoes, celery, red onion, carrots). I seasoned those quite simply, just salt/pepper/olive oil/thyme.

I have a picture but it's still on my camera, I'm lazy. I still have the bones leftover, which I plan to make chicken noodle soup with a mexican coke on the side.

I roasted a 4lb chicken (free range/organic) the other day.

First I brined it for about 5 hrs or so. Brining keeps the breast moist since that cooks faster than the thigh.

1 gallon water
    1/2 cup sea salt
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    tablespoon of crushed black peppercorns
    2 crushed cloves of garlic
    dried thyme
    bay leaves

Took it out of the brine, rinsed it out, then dried. Stuffed a cut up lemon, some red onions, a few more cloves of garlic and a few sprigs of time. Then I rubbed the skin of the bird w/ some butter and olive oil.

I roasted it in the oven at about 375 for about an hr and 15 mins. It sat on top of a bed of roasted veg (red potatoes, celery, red onion, carrots). I seasoned those quite simply, just salt/pepper/olive oil/thyme.

I have a picture but it's still on my camera, I'm lazy. I still have the bones leftover, which I plan to make chicken noodle soup with a mexican coke on the side.

i dig cooking whole birds...because I love homeade chicken stock. mexican coke? what's that? coke & tequila???

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts

I only got one that uses hot Butter. Many of it. If you don??t have buttermilk you can easyly use milk. Take a little less, but add some melted butter, that will work.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20041109/news_1b9mexcoke.html

word on the culinary streets is that costco is selling them by the case for $17.99.

ps: if I was really real about it I would've trussed the bird first. I didn't have any string on me though.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20041109/news_1b9mexcoke.html

word on the culinary streets is that costco is selling them by the case for $17.99.

ps: if I was really real about it I would've trussed the bird first. I didn't have any string on me though.

oh yea.. I knew about that.. I thought it was some kind of a mixed drink for a second.

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts

If you add Vinegar or Lemon to milk, you will get cheese, sort of.
    I tried it because there??s a Indian recipe for homemade cheese, and it worked well. We enhanced the Experiment and let age for six weeks. after 4 weeks it looked crazy, but in the End it tasted great.