which 1991 LP holds up better?

Comments

• the first Scarface... I don't think would even have a fan base if not for Cocaine Blunts.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Convicts is Random Rap & maybe the first Scarface. I don't think either record would even have a fan base if not for Cocaine Blunts.

There is much for you to learn then, grasshopper.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Convicts is Random Rap & maybe the first Scarface. I don't think either record would even have a fan base if not for Cocaine Blunts.

I bought those records when they came out. YOU only found those records because of Cocaine Blunts. If not for NOZ, I don't think you could find Texas on a map!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Convicts is Random Rap & maybe the first Scarface.

please stop listening to Hip Hop

I bought those records when they came out. YOU only found those records because of Cocaine Blunts. If not for NOZ, I don't think you could find Texas on a map!

I AM THE MAP.

More 91's

or

Organized...such a great album. And Releasing Hypnotical Gases is still ahead of our time.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    More 91's

or

Two records that were very ahead of their times.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    More 91's

or

Unfair comparison Organized's debut was infinitely better than that Kmd garbage.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I AM THE MAP.

If by "I", you mean Noz, then yes. Until he speaks his mind on the Scarface & Convicts, though, I don't think we can say anything definative about this either record. After all, he is the southern rap expert on this site. If anyone knows anything about Texas hip hop on here, its him. If he calls both albums random rap, I'm fine with that. I'm sure you agree.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Didn't Cypress get booed off the stage when they came to Summer Jam before the album dropped? I can't remember for the life of me who I heard that from, maybe Davy D.

Yeah,that did happen,but cats were stuck on stupid in NYC.

I remember them promotin the album here in NYC on late night Hip Hop shows before it dropped. I liked it.

No not even in NYC, I'm talkin about in the Bay, KMEL Summer Jam. Until the album got unleashed they were not really getting love from anyone.

I saw CH and this club in S.F. which I've since forgotten but they were the opening act...for...

3rd Bass.

• I don't think its fair to mention TROY with Rawkus & Def Jux. Convicts is Random Rap & maybe the first Scarface. I don't think either record would even have a fan base if not for Cocaine Blunts.

Jay-Z remade a Convicts song.

And this was before he started reading Cocaine Blunts.

I think the one HAZ is dick pulling, though.

I AM THE MAP.

If by "I", you mean Noz, then yes. Until he speaks his mind on the Scarface & Convicts, though, I don't think we can say anything definative about this either record. After all, he is the southern rap expert on this site. If anyone knows anything about Texas hip hop on here, its him. If he calls both albums random rap, I'm fine with that. I'm sure you agree.

Not sure where you're coming from with this Noz stuff.

OK > KMD

KMD 12"s > OK 12"s (from those albums at least).

I don't think its fair to mention TROY with Rawkus & Def Jux. Convicts is Random Rap & maybe the first Scarface. I don't think either record would even have a fan base if not for Cocaine Blunts.

Jay-Z remade a Convicts song.

And this was before he started reading Cocaine Blunts.

I think the one HAZ is dick pulling, though.

i thinks so too.

1-900-Hustler.

How about MOP's Blue Steel up in the club?

Not on MTV enuff

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

This gets some good cash on ebay, like 200 bucks for the wax. I haven't played this in 4000 years.

Thank you for bringing Canada into the mix.

The entirety of Canada was Random Rap in '91.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Read up on your read ups, Son:

is this on the same publisher as that indie hip-hop book?

Read up on your read ups, Son:

To this day it still is Random Rapp

• Options
    More 91's

or

Unfair comparison Organized's debut was infinitely better than that Kmd garbage.

Yeah, but when someone dropped a on Mr. Hood I figured it needed to be checked. What would be a more fair comparison with the KMD? Maybe

I pick the Maestro jernt for the stand-out Sir Scratch production on a couple tracks, but it's a fair comparison cos the second half of that album is we--ee--eak

Oh Hell no, HELLS NO.

A good comparison for Mr.Hood would be this.

Seeing as how they came out on the same day in 91'

How could anyone diss Mr.Hood, die.

In that case, "De La Soul Is Dead" >>>>>>>> "Mr. Hood"

Fuck KMD

• ok i refuse to pick between cypress and black sheep but yeah i guess muggs' production style is crisper.

no way scarface fits in w/ random rap

and finally, i went back to that first Organized Konfusion recently and i have to say, Prince Po sounds corny on that. Yes i like the album and yes Hypnotical Gases is sick, but i'm just sayin... for this reason i'd have to go with KMD

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

NO FUCK WIT' BOO-YAA, PRUDDAS![/b]

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    In all honesty, I think I prefer the 1st Boo-yah tribe album over the Cypress. Cypress is pretty overrated.

Cypress is pretty overrated.

Greetings from Earth.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Cypress is pretty overrated.

Greetings from Earth.

Don't tell me you don't LOVE the 1st Boo-yah tribe. I also think the Kid Frost album is crminally underrated on this board. And how come Hi-C's Skanless gets no love?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

vs.