which 1991 LP holds up better?

1235»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Greetings from the Milky Way.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Convicts is Random Rap & maybe the first Scarface. I don't think either record would even have a fan base if not for Cocaine Blunts.

There is much for you to learn then, grasshopper.

I bought those records when they came out. YOU only found those records because of Cocaine Blunts. If not for NOZ, I don't think you could find Texas on a map!

I AM THE MAP.

If by "I", you mean Noz, then yes. Until he speaks his mind on the Scarface & Convicts, though, I don't think we can say anything definative about this either record. After all, he is the southern rap expert on this site. If anyone knows anything about Texas hip hop on here, its him. If he calls both albums random rap, I'm fine with that. I'm sure you agree.

This is a joke right?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

This is a joke right?

Yeah. Haz is tossing out chum to see who'll bite.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

This is a joke right?

Yeah. Haz is tossing out chum to see who'll bite.

I just like seeing people talking about rap music. This thread was only 2 pages long & now its 4. I know nothing genius came out of the extra 2 pages, but I got to name check Hi-C & Harv is a sport. The Chunk album is alright. It might not have been as "important" as the 1st Cypress, but it gets alot of spins in Montreal to this day.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Cypress is pretty overrated.

Greetings from Earth.

Don't tell me you don't LOVE the 1st Boo-yah tribe. I also think the Kid Frost album is crminally underrated on this board. And how come Hi-C's Skanless gets no love?

you must have missed my post where I stated one of the reasons I love my girl is cause I put on Skanless and she sang along to pretty much every song.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Fuck KMD

?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Black Bastard > Mr. Hood

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    In all honesty, I think I prefer the 1st Boo-yah tribe album over the Cypress. Cypress is pretty overrated.

Overrated, but still very good. First Kid Frost is okay, I wished "Smoke" had come out on a 12".