Dear SoulonIce - HR

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    A rookie goalie can take you all the way - Cam Ward did it in 2006. I think Price is a better goalie than Ward, but the team in front of Price is nowhere nearly as good as the 2005-2006 Hurricanes. By himself, I don't think Price can carry this team, and its essentially a team built to be carried by a goalie: some Europeans, some guys who've never won anything, a couple kids. If the Habs had more scoring depth, some more experience up front, and maybe a d-man with an edge to his game, like a Jason Smith, I would give them a better chance at winning the cup. This team was built to win on Feb 23, on game 67 of the regular season, not when it really matters.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This video is long, but the very first replay is the one
    I was looking for, Kessel's first goal, which is sooooo sick:

Of course, everyone should watch the entire 7 minutes

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I think I PM'd you once about Kessel being a really good player!
    i was so surprised to see him made a healthy scratch for numerous games.

Kovalev has been the worst player on the team. He's pissing me off so much.

Somehow, as pessimistic as I am, I could also see things clicking on Monday for the Habs. The rink is gonna be on fire.

Cove, Koivu is a Bruin killer.

His return is very frightening to every Bruins fan.

He was the best player for your team in game 6, and he's
    not even near 100% healthy. That second Higgins goal that
    almost felt like a backbreaker was all Koivu. He is a playoff
    warrior and the heart of your team. If we lose tonight, I am
    certain it will be him that beats us.

I think the only thing keeping us alive is all these kids that
    haven't had time to learn they are SUPPOSED to lose to the Habs

Good luck tonight. No matter the outcome, it's been a great series.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i am glad to see Koivu back (yes indeed historically a bruin killer)

Hopefully he will bring the same spark to our team

The bruins deserve it as much or more than we do so I look forward to a great and tense match I'll be sweating bullets

Lucic is a great bruins style player for you guys so I am going to go ahead and wish you guys a great next season

Go habs Go

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Have the Habs ever lost a series that they were leading 3-1? History is not on the Bruins side.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    I've been watching nearly all series this first round (minus Dallas - Anaheim) and the Montreal - Boston one has been the most intense. After the first two games in Montreal with Boston down and them going back to Boston and playing the next day...I thought Boston had no chance. Glad to see they're making a series out of it.

Senators were horrible. What a meltdown from Christmas time. Looks like Emery is getting his long overdue boot and good riddance. Can't stand his attitude.

I wish the Rangers - Devils series was more intense...classic rivalry matchup...but it was more of a let down in my opinion. And I love listening to Don Cherry get pissed about Avery. No class at all and Grapes has gone off on two Coaches Corner about it.

I went to game 5 of the Capitals - Flyers game...what a game! I'm not that much of a Capitals fan, but the game and crowd were truly great. I hope the Caps can come back and win it in 7.

But of course...always have to side with my Red Wings. Hasek played horrible but Osgood has been on point. Looking forward to a rivalry series with the Avalanche if Calgary gets knocked out. In my opinion, the San Jose - Calgary series has been the most intense one on the Western side.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    1-0 MTL...

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Looking at this series, it wasn't a question of the best team winning as much as someone had to win because it was best out of an odd number. If there was any justice in the NHL, Mark Messier would have come out at the puck drop and told everyone to go home. Neither team should be happy. The Habs should be like "We almost got tossed by a pretty average hockey team. How do we have so many Russians in our line-up?" and the Bruins should be like "Jeremy Jacobs is the worst owner in pro-sports, as per ESPN."

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Yeah, but as the winning team you have a clean slate.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yeah, but as the winning team you have a clean slate.

This is true. And Koivu looks possessed. I think people sometimes forget what he can bring to a team.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    It's almost more motivating winning a series you could have lost IMO.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Habs just won. Totally different game after the 1st.

Capitals just won too. Damn...I would totally be on some game 7 tickets but I have a final the next day that I have to study for. Next round...hehe...

• Price shuts the door.

Wow, and so ends the Bruins season.

Would have liked a more competitive game 7, this
    one was pretty much a smackdown, although I thought
    the B's were actually the better team in the 1st period ...
    ... after that, it was ole ole ole.

Congrats to the Habs, good luck against Pittsburgh - you'll
    need it - and much respect on a hard-fought series that was
    seen as a classic even by neutral fans.

One last word to Habs fans, I can't deny sometimes I envy you
    living in such a hockey-mad town. Once upon a time the Bruins
    owned Boston, and were the class of the league. With the massive
    success of the Sox, Pats and now Celts again, being a Bruins
    fan can feel pretty lonely sometimes. In a way that's what hurts
    most about losing this series, because after games 5 and 6, people
    were talking about the Bruins again all over town, they had the buzz,
    but now it's all forgotten. So be glad you live somewhere that being
    a hockey fan isn't seen as some sort of weird fringe activity.

See you next fall.

And hey, let's keep this thread alive for the playoffs.

Can't wait for Caps/Flyers Game 7!

LOL @ torching cop cars and rioting after a first round[/b] playoff win.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the 1st period was a hard fought hustle...beautiful hockey to watch

Congrats to the Bruins for competing as hard, indeed koivu brings it especially in the playoffs, and i love the new trio now and what it does for the other ones

our young scrappers lapierre,begin played hard but your team has a great harvest of young talent

Imagine with Thorton

I feel your pain on both ownership and fandome SoI and wish you a Celtics karma move in the East

Despicably unprepared police force...shameless acts though

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Yep, 6 cars got burned. If the Habs get Philly in the next round, Price is going to look worse than that car by series end. It will be soft Europeans Vs North American elbows & high sticks. Its gonna be crazy.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts

Demonstrative society.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Alex Ovechkin plays hockey like he was born in Red Deer, AB.

European star forward = Playoff Folly

some Europeans, some guys who've never won anything, a couple kids

"We almost got tossed by a pretty average hockey team. How do we have so many Russians in our line-up?"

It will be soft Europeans Vs North American elbows & high sticks.

Alex Ovechkin plays hockey like he was born in Red Deer, AB.

Don Cherry? Is it really you?

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Let me tell you something, Kids

Man, that was a great series.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

Yep, 6 cars got burned. If the Habs get Philly in the next round, Price is going to look worse than that car by series end. It will be soft Europeans Vs North American elbows & high sticks. Its gonna be crazy.
    Makes you wonder what's gonna happen if we lose....
    Reminds of '93...

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    So glad that we made it through that series and that the Habs started to look like themselves again

Price is really good. Really good.

The riot bullshit is just the worst look ever for Montreal.
    I joked that there would be riot if we won this series, but...damn

Sadly Washington lost (WTF on that goal they allowed), but it means that we get to play the Flyers rather than the Rangers so I'm okay with it.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    So Habs fans booed the American anthem at the game??! Shit, the once classiest fans in the league can be really pathetic.

I'm embarrassed.

Habs in 6.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Ummmm....

from WWD:
    Star New York Ranger and man-about-town Sean Avery is out to build up his r??sum?? this summer ??? by interning at Vogue, as reported by Page Six the Magazine and The New Yorker. But what does the person dubbed "the most hated man in hockey" for his style of play know about fashion? Well, quite a lot ??? Avery is a self-confessed clotheshorse who has been known to give girlfriends advice on how to dress, and in interviews has expressed a dream to become a fashion editor after his days on the ice (he'll likely be a big help clearing through the crush of shows). "He says that he prizes his black patent leather Yves Saint Laurent high-tops, 'a lovely cashmere throw from a friend who works at Calvin Klein' and his Philippe Starck machine-gun-shaped lamp," reports The New Yorker's Nick Paumgarten in this week's issue. So how did Avery get the Vogue gig? He wrote a letter to Anna Wintour expressing his desire to work there (presumably his day job helped the missive get some attention). Avery will report to 4 Times Square this summer, though his first day hasn't been confirmed (a Vogue spokesman said it depends on how well the Rangers do in the playoffs). And what, exactly, will he be doing? The spokesman said Avery likely will work with a variety of editors, including European editor at large Hamish Bowles. There's also talk of him working at Men's Vogue. And the spokesman claimed that, like most interns, the 28-year-old Avery will be expected to do traditional assistantlike tasks ??? making copies and messengering couture gowns, for instance. Interns clamoring for a staff position would eagerly do such tasks to secure a $30,000-a-year, low-level editorial position. Avery clearly won't have the same motivation ??? his contract with the Rangers earned him nearly $2 million this season.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Didn't know that about Avery. He's a complex dude.

Flyers in 6.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Another wild one!

Habs do it again and make me feel every emotion under the sun.