Dear SoulonIce - HR

Comments

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Yeah, see - this is why I hate Habs fans.

Hey, don't hate us all.
    I'm not a sore winner.
    You know yr team lost, I don't need to shove it down yr throat
    Nor am i gonna talk shit going up 1-0 in a 7-game series.

I'm glad we came out flying and that our team didn't somehow cower/change when the playoffs started.
    The city IS nuts right now. I was expecting a riot last night.

-----------
    Habs, Penguins, Rangers, Captials.
    Wings, Sharks, Wild, Ducks.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Oh yeah...go Red Wings...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    You should be up 2-1.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Didn't really have a favourite going into the series, but I'm rooting for the Bruins now. They are working their asses off and what's with the lame penalty calls? Mtl is getting away with some flagrant shit out there.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Why the fuck was Savard wearing a Bruins insignia'd work helmet in the post game interview?

Mommy made him?

Why the fuck was Savard wearing a Bruins insignia'd work helmet in the post game interview?

Mommy made him?

It's the hard hat, given out to one player on the team after every game,
    for their extraordinary effort. I would have given it to Lucic, but last
    night was definitely Marc's night.

I think the Habs may have a similar tradition, but you can't see it on
    TV, because they give out a pair of Speedo swim trunks to the player who
    did the most diving in that night's game, and the player usually has them
    on under their pants when giving interviews.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Mommy made him?

It's the hard hat, given out to one player on the team after every game,
    for their extraordinary effort. I would have given it to Lucic, but last
    night was definitely Marc's night.

I think the Habs may have a similar tradition, but you can't see it on
    TV, because they give out a pair of Speedo swim trunks to the player who
    did the most diving in that night's game, and the player usually has them
    on under their pants when giving interviews.

There was an article about the hard hat on today's Montreal Gazette. The Oilers have the same tradition with a old school leather jacket & pimp hat.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Habs looked tired.
    Bruins played their game in their building: gritty, rough, dirty and boring. that's what it takes, though.

Price almost had that OT winner, sad.

dirty and boring.

You thought that game was boring??

I must have missed the "dirty" plays ... ?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Something kinda funny...

MONTREAL - The city's mayor is seeing red - and white and blue - after firefighters painted several fire stations to show their support for the Montreal Canadiens.

As the Habs prepared to face the Boston Bruins in the first game of their playoff series on Thursday, Mayor Gerald Tremblay was getting ready to send in work crews to clean up the impromptu paint jobs.

"And we're going to send the bill to the (firefighters') union... it's tolerance zero," he said.

But Tremblay insisted his decision has nothing to do with a lack of team spirit.

"I have Habs fever, but I don't put graffiti or paint in the windows of my house," he told reporters Thursday while announcing new initiatives to fight graffiti.

The firefighters used water-based paint to decorate many of their station doors with the Canadiens logo and the team's storied red, white and blue colours.

Calling it vandalism, Tremblay said he wanted people to feel secure.

"Those responsible for security, whether they're police or firefighters, should set an example," he added.

The colourful paint jobs started at a downtown fire station on Monday. A string of other stations have since followed suit.

The firefighters are currently involved in a labour dispute with the city, but the captain of the station that kicked off the trend said that had nothing to do with it.

"There was no order from the union, it was only the firefighters here who decided to do that and other fire stations decided to support them," said Capt. Alain Saint-Pierre.

"It was simply to get caught in the hockey fever that's now sweeping Montreal."

He pointed out that despite the dispute with the city, no union slogans were painted on the stations. However, the union did instruct its members not to clean up their paint jobs.

Saint-Pierre apologized if anyone was offended by the display of team spirit. But he also said he was disappointed by the mayor's reaction.

"We just wanted to lighten the atmosphere," Saint-Pierre said.

Claude Dauphin, a member of Montreal's executive committee, issued a statement saying the city wasn't opposed to city employees expressing their support for the Habs.

"But the city will not tolerate damage caused to public equipment by firefighters, who have painted the doors and windows and truck tires," he said.

Last year, the city claimed that members of the firefighters' union twice used epoxy glue and other tricks to stop chiefs from getting into their stations.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Any other mayor of any other city would encourage the fervor and excitement this brings...Frickin' ridiculous... talmbout "graffiti".
    All the other stations then painted something on them habs-related to show support for one another.

• unityunity 179 Posts
    I'm sorry, but what the hell happened to Ottawa? For a bit (mid-season) they looked like the best team in hockey (other than Detroit). And now they're down 3-0? Damn.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I nearly had a heart-attack at the end of the MTL/BOS game last night. Sheeeeeiiiiit.

I nearly had a heart-attack at the end of the MTL/BOS game last night. Sheeeeeiiiiit.

I'm proud of how hard my boys are playing, but the outcome
    seems almost inevitable at this point. If we can pull it out
    tomorrow, all bets are off ... but it ain't easy to go into
    Montreal down 3-1 and keep the series alive. I hope we can,
    if only because this has been a hard-fought series on both
    sides, and I'd like to see it last a little longer, win or lose
    in the end.

it ain't easy to go into Montreal down 3-1 and keep the series alive.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Montreal is ripe for the taking. A 15 year old goalie. An enigmatic Russian forward. Those two things alone should have habs fans scared out of their minds.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I said that if the Bruins win tonight's game, that they will take the series. I have fear.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    You 2 willing to put your money where your mouth is? They have 3 wins in the last 410 days. Good games BTW.

You 2 willing to put your money where your mouth is? They have 3 wins in the last 410 days.

Dude, Cove is a Habs fan. He's just not a dick about it.

B/W

They have 2 wins in the last 410 days 3 games.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I'm a Montrealer & I see a team that's wating to be had. If Boston lays on the body, gets some traffic in front of Price, and gets some goaltendng, there will be a game 7.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    You 2 willing to put your money where your mouth is? They have 3 wins in the last 410 days. Good games BTW.

Would I bet on the Habs? No.

And, shut it. Are you in Montreal? Do you have to deal with everyone overrating this team on a daily basis?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    ^^ Hangover-depression related. I sound sour.

Go Habs.

Jesus Christ I fucking love the Boston Bruins.

I have never been so stressed out. WHAT A GAME.

back and forth and back and forth, right to the buzzer.

GAME SEVEN MOTHERFUCKERS! DO OR DIE IT'S ALL DOWN TO THIS!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Young goalie + European star forward = Playoff Folly

That was seriously one of the best games I have ever seen in 30+ years.

So intense. Last goal wins. I am still shaking!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    My family watched this over passover seder. My cousin who plays for the local CFL team, picked the Bruins. It was a good game. If I was a Bruins fan, I'd be worried about their goaltending. If they want to win game 7, he'll have to shut the door.

• covecove 1,566 Posts

I expected that. And the Bruins deserved that.
    Super tense... I didn't like the way I felt as I watched.
    WOW. It's on. And i'm working Monday night and will miss the game. Weak.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    I'm not in Montreal and believe it or not, I'm not really a fan of any team but of the game as a whole. I don't see much press on the Habs.

Still think they win this thing and agree with Haz on Kovalev's disappearance and diasgree on the rookie goalie thing.

Game 7 should be fun.