let's choose the WORST MOVIE EVER

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

As kids you often like any movie you're shown. This was the first movie I saw where I felt cheated. Total crap.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

I know some people think this thing is great, but it is an abortion of a movie, I would have walked out, but my date and I were having too much fun making fun of this pretentious piece of shit:

i definitely felt the same way

i've only walked out on a movie once in my life. it was a horrible indie romantic comedy that we didn't intend to go see, but our movie sold out. for some reason i've always remembered the title to be "Love with a side of Fries" but it's just as lame

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Um, guys? Any movie with Phoebe Cates can never[/b] be WORST EVER.

(insert JP "get familiar" graemlin here)

Also, what's up with Dizzy Bull's votes?

I mean, "Snatch" was not the greatest movie, but "worst ever?"

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

Ninth Gate is by no means a good movie, but I've watched it several times and don't think my enjoyment was ironic. Hated the first time I watched it, but have come back to it more than once for reasons I can't quite pinpoint. There's something about Polanski trying to tap into the nature of "evil" that feels more credible than most other filmmakers.

I've heard this is among the worst of the worst, but haven't "gone there."

Sitting through this was one of the most excruciating experiences of my life:

...although was it measurably worse than "Juno"? Hard to say.

I actually kinda liked this movie.

I know, but I just have a soft spot
    for those teen sports flix, I liked "Bring It On" too.

And gymnasts are hot. Yeah, I said it.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Phoebe Cates

Cue ten dudes saying "she's not that hot".

Not me, though. Phoebe Cates =

i've only walked out on a movie once in my life. it was a horrible indie romantic comedy that we didn't intend to go see, but our movie sold out. for some reason i've always remembered the title to be "Love with a side of Fries" but it's just as lame

So, wait - it wasn't "delightfully irreverent" ??

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Um, guys? Any movie with Carrot Top can never[/b] be WORST EVER.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I liked "Bring It On" too.

Yeah, Bring It On was good for what it was. Which is why I submitted to my gf's request that we pay to see Stick It in the theater.

We were both appalled.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Oh yeah, both Traffic[/b] and Crash[/b] I'm still mentally booing for their bullshit assumptions and conclusions. Fuck both of those movies.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Seriously. How did u see this? Are u and wifey on some 50/50 shit?

HAHA! Yes, it's the...um...sporting aspect that most intrigues me about cheerleading and gymnastics movies. The spirit of competition and so forth, you see.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Only movie I've ever walked out on only to end up in this equally bad movie.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

HAHA! Yes, it's the...um...sporting aspect that most intrigues me about cheerleading and gymnastics movies. The spirit of competition and so forth, you see.

Is this the one where she starts off as a bmx'er doing rad stunts, then becomes a she becomes a gymnast doing rad stunts, in a subvertive kinda way?

I think I watched this on Stage6 last time I was off sick. It's not so bad. Mainly for rather sad reasons already touch upon.

Oh, come on. Cheesy, sure. But there are some hilarious lines in that.

^i was torn with this. i mean its kinda smart and so bad at the same time(i know intentional, but still)

artie lange!

• ANYTHING MERCHANT IVORY RELATED.

A LOT OF THESE MOVIES ARE GOOD.

YOU DISS BLUE CHIPS.....UH-HUH.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    First, I will go on record saying that I liked Waterworld and I hate Kevin Costner. I pretty much love all post-apocalyptic epics.
    I could say the worst movie ever is anything with Pauly Shore in it but that would be too easy.
    I nominate the following and if it's not the worst movie ever then its definitely the worst movie adaptation of a great book:

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

, this movie is near-classic in my book as far as 90's comedies go. ive probably seen it 15 times.

that said, if i made a list of movies i LOVE, it would be a blank piece of paper. i guess i just dont like movies that much. id probably be just as entertained by anything in this thread as i would be by "the best movie of all time"....

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I love rodman on the court but

also i guess this by asociation

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    By far the worst movie I ever saw was:

And before I saw snatch it was:

damn i'm jealous. either you've seen like 5 movies in your life, or you have unparalled taste.

First, I will go on record saying that I liked Waterworld and I hate Kevin Costner. I pretty much love all post-apocalyptic epics.

are you kidding me? the concept is cool, and i liked it when i was 8 and didnt really look too into what happens, but there are so many obvious impossibilities and logic problems in that movie that i couldnt help but just diss it the entire time. and i just watched the last half of it 2 nights ago.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

are you kidding me? the concept is cool, and i liked it when i was 8 and didnt really look too into what happens, but there are so many obvious impossibilities and logic problems in that movie that i couldnt help but just diss it the entire time. and i just watched the last half of it 2 nights ago.

If you look at it as pure escapism then I think its good entertainment. Badly written, sure. Badly acted, definitely. Great sets (the budget had to go somewhere).

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

this was pretty horrible, but i remember liking the soundtrack

YES! i Frickin' hated this movie. then again im not a huge south park fan either.

im sure there are about to be 100 "OH HELL NO" comments, however

"america...fuck yeah" is the #1 song id love to never hear again.

If you look at it as pure escapism then I think its good entertainment. Badly written, sure. Badly acted, definitely. Great sets (the budget had to go somewhere).

i will agree to this. it was nice imagining being there at least. when i was 8 and saw it in the theatre, the part where they go underwater and look at the ruins was definitely a moment, too...