Hillary Clinton has legs.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    1. If Hillary starts winning primaries, and Obama's star starts to fade, the party will be under immense pressure to nominate the person they think can win at the time of the convention not who may have been the favorite three months earlier. They will also need to correct Dean's idiotic draconian response to Florida and Michigan. If Obama can't win Ohio and the Democratic Party alienates Florida, you can forget it if Obama is the nominee.

2. I also think now that we have an actual primary, rather than a coronation, you will see the Obama supporters for the vicious, scorched-earth, either-you-are-with-us-or-you-are-against-us, fanatical partisans that they are (that is the vocal white elite ultra liberal crowd ??? soulstrut). They have already begun to vilify Hillary in a manner usually reserved for Dick Cheney; calling her names, insulting her looks, etc. But, the Democrats have encouraged and fostered this kind of discourse for the past eight years by pandering to the far-left when it served their purpose, so if the far left now wants to try and purge the party of anybody with a modicum of responsibility, then I say "have at it" see who ever survives in the fall.

1. Dean

2. either-you-are-with-us-or-you-are-against-us?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

why would a young upstart want to be a VP

i think you just answered your own question

He couldn't turn it down if you ask me. Assuming that's the ticket, eight years from now (if all goes well), he could easily wrap up the nod for top dog.

worked well for Al Gore eh?

and KVH, your editing of my quote was top notch. leave out the meat and just present the bread. are you vegan?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    1. If Hillary starts winning primaries, and Obama's star starts to fade, the party will be under immense pressure to nominate the person they think can win at the time of the convention not who may have been the favorite three months earlier. They will also need to correct Dean's idiotic draconian response to Florida and Michigan. If Obama can't win Ohio and the Democratic Party alienates Florida, you can forget it if Obama is the nominee.

2. I also think now that we have an actual primary, rather than a coronation, you will see the Obama supporters for the vicious, scorched-earth, either-you-are-with-us-or-you-are-against-us, fanatical partisans that they are (that is the vocal white elite ultra liberal crowd ??? soulstrut). They have already begun to vilify Hillary in a manner usually reserved for Dick Cheney; calling her names, insulting her looks, etc. But, the Democrats have encouraged and fostered this kind of discourse for the past eight years by pandering to the far-left when it served their purpose, so if the far left now wants to try and purge the party of anybody with a modicum of responsibility, then I say "have at it" see who ever survives in the fall.

100% on point

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    They will also need to correct Dean's idiotic draconian response to Florida and Michigan.

i think they need to do this regardless of what happens. hillary was pushing it last night by talking about her "wins" in florida and michigan. the right thing would be to hold new primaries in those states. no harm, no foul - at least as far as i can tell. what could obama's opposition be to letting those two states have their say?

hillary has more support in those states though, so i feel like obama is facing a tough decision about how to respond to the idea of new primaries.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

He couldn't turn it down if you ask me. Assuming that's the ticket, eight years from now (if all goes well), he could easily wrap up the nod for top dog.

and KVH, your editing of my quote was top notch. leave out the meat and just present the bread. are you vegan?

C'mon dude, you know better than that. Sans trickery/Supreme court intervention and Nader's (who we BOTH supported ) almost legitimate run, Gore would have won the general.

and KVH, your editing of my quote was meat and vegan

2. I also think now that we have an actual primary, rather than a coronation, you will see the Obama supporters[/b] for the vicious, scorched-earth, either-you-are-with-us-or-you-are-against-us, fanatical partisans that they are (that is the vocal white elite ultra liberal crowd[/b] ??? soulstrut). They have already begun to vilify Hillary in a manner usually reserved for Dick Cheney; calling her names, insulting her looks, etc. But, the Democrats have encouraged and fostered this kind of discourse for the past eight years by pandering to the far-left when it served their purpose, so if the far left now wants to try and purge the party of anybody with a modicum of responsibility, then I say "have at it" see who ever survives in the fall.

You're forgetting young people and Blacks. The Clintons have irreparably damaged their brand with some.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Sans trickery/Supreme court intervention

Oh just wait until this comes back to haunt you. In the upcoming florida delegate debacle, or as i like to call it, Clinton v. Obama, you can choose either to accept Bush v. Gore as precedent or you can argue that you woke up and found jesus and are a federalist.

take your pick.

Oh just wait until this comes back to haunt you. In the upcoming florida delegate debacle, or as i like to call it, Clinton v. Obama, you can choose either to accept Bush v. Gore as precedent...

There won't be a choice. There's a legal precedent.

2. I also think now that we have an actual primary, rather than a coronation, you will see the Obama supporters[/b] for the vicious, scorched-earth, either-you-are-with-us-or-you-are-against-us, fanatical partisans that they are (that is the vocal white elite ultra liberal crowd[/b] ??? soulstrut). They have already begun to vilify Hillary in a manner usually reserved for Dick Cheney; calling her names, insulting her looks, etc. But, the Democrats have encouraged and fostered this kind of discourse for the past eight years by pandering to the far-left when it served their purpose, so if the far left now wants to try and purge the party of anybody with a modicum of responsibility, then I say "have at it" see who ever survives in the fall.

You're forgetting young people and Blacks. The Clintons have irreparably damaged their brand with some.

black people are at least rational in their support of Obama. its the white liberals that think they will receive funky absolution by touching the hem of his garment. Furthermore, they will likely continue to support the democratic ticket regardless. The real key is the Latino vote, which favors Hillary and could be a real make-or-break because McCain isnt a complete nativist when it comes to imigration issues.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

C'mon dude, you know better than that. Sans trickery/Supreme court intervention and Nader's (who we BOTH supported ) almost legitimate run, Gore would have won the general.

haha...i was thinking about that Nader convention the other day. OOF!

I don't doubt Obama could be a good VP and one day get nod, but (as so conveniently edited from KVH) I have little faith that in another Clinton administration, this time with Bill, that the VP would be given much authority. Can you all recall all the wonderful things that Gore did as VP? I can't.

Does it hurt Obama to be a VP in Clinton's campaign, probably not. But I would be hard pressed to see how a marginalized VP role would give him more juice than staying in the Senate.

hopefully i am wrong. Either way the DNC better sort this out sooner than later.

Oh just wait until this comes back to haunt you. In the upcoming florida delegate debacle, or as i like to call it, Clinton v. Obama, you can choose either to accept Bush v. Gore as precedent...

There's actually not legal precedent. The Supreme Court knew how bad their decision was, so they specifically held it as only being relevant to that specific circumstance.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Seriously-exit polling doesn't support the "ultra liberal elite" argument at all

Seriously-exit polling doesn't support the "ultra liberal elite" argument at all

im not saying all his support is from this group. im just saying you are really going to hear from them now.

KVH Im dissapointed. You need to make your argument more forcefully to rescue your party from going over a cliff. Advocate man!

There's actually not legal precedent. The Supreme Court knew how bad their decision was, so they specifically held it as only being relevant to that specific circumstance.

Ok, so I've scoured Wikipedia but I can't find mention of this.

get ready for the "swift boating" of mccain
    from the far right

+ the dems should bring up

http://www.oyez.org/cases/2000-2009/2000/2000_00_949/

you can even listen to the oral arguments, including the one by my boss, D. Boies.

from the far right

i wont work because unlike Kerry, McCain doesnt make a point to talk about his service every time he opens his mouth. People respect that, it was fun to see Kerry get called out on all his phony heroics becuase he was a pompous ass about it.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    from the far right

Why would they do this??

If it was going to happen it would have already so the far right could get their candidate Huckabee the nomination.....they may hate McCain but they are not going to help Obama or Hillary and would gain nothing for doing so.

from the far right

Why would they do this??

If it was going to happen it would have already so the far right could get their candidate Huckabee the nomination.....they may hate McCain but they are not going to help Obama or Hillary and would gain nothing for doing so.
    more like extreme right wing nutz jobz

KVH Im dissapointed. You need to make your argument more forcefully to rescue your party from going over a cliff. Advocate man!

going over a cliff? i think the dem party is stronger now than it has ever been in my lifetime. i'm looking forward to that gwb endorsement of mccain today. maybe we can get some more shots of mccain's baby arm hugging gwb.

obama has already started calling it the bush-mccain war in iraq.

• NOTE: all the swift boat veteran claims about kerry were proven correct. That swift boat has become a euphemism for smear is just testament to the outrageous bias and sheer disregard for the truth of the establishment media. Get ya paper up.

obama has already started calling it the bush-mccain war in iraq.

you mean this war.

Sentiment on Iraq Is Changing
    By JOHN D. MCKINNON
    March 5, 2008; Page A13

WASHINGTON -- The perception that the U.S. troop surge in Iraq has succeeded is changing some public views of the war, potentially blunting Democrats' political edge on the issue.

Americans continue to judge the nearly five-year-old U.S. invasion of Iraq as a mistake, by margins that have barely budged. But in a notable shift, public perceptions of the current U.S. military effort there "have become significantly more positive over the past several months," says a recent report from the nonpartisan Pew Research Center for the People and the Press. It shows that almost half of Americans think the war effort is going well, and that the U.S. should keep its troops there, at least for the time being. Other polls echo the trend to varying degrees[/b].

maybe i give you more credit than i should.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    NOTE: all the swift boat veteran claims about kerry were proven correct. That swift boat has become a euphemism for smear is just testament to the outrageous bias and sheer disregard for the truth of the establishment media. Get ya paper up.

How would getting our paper up help?

Just curious.

NOTE: all the swift boat veteran claims about kerry were proven correct. That swift boat has become a euphemism for smear is just testament to the outrageous bias and sheer disregard for the truth of the establishment media. Get ya paper up.

the guy with the expensive mattress is right. the only person who's been forced to retract anything is JFK himself.

P.S. still waiting for those military records.

before his hillarious "bomb bomb bomb iran" song parody

"John McCain made this odious joke about Chelsea Clinton back in ???98:

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno.???
    ??? Sen. John McCain, speaking to a Republican dinner, June 1998. "

• NOTE: all the swift boat veteran claims about kerry were proven correct. That swift boat has become a euphemism for smear is just testament to the outrageous bias and sheer disregard for the truth of the establishment media. Get ya paper up.

How would getting our paper up help?

Just curious.

And youll remain curios poorboy.

• before his hillarious "bomb bomb bomb iran" song parody

"John McCain made this odious joke about Chelsea Clinton back in ???98:

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno.???
    ??? Sen. John McCain, speaking to a Republican dinner, June 1998. "

LOL that was funny as fuck tho. If obama had knocked off a zinger of that caliber youd have creamed your panties.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    for the first time in a long time things seem normal around here again - sabadaba is totally wrong in a political thread