THE OFFICIAL LOST THREAD....

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I'm still fully enjoying the flash forwards but can't see how they're going to be able to maintain the amount of revelations they're having per episode. I had a feeling that Sayid would be working for Benjamin but loved the ending of the episode - all it needed was Ben to give an evil cackle to make it complete.

So far it looks like they've confirmed that the Oceanic Six has Kate, Jack, Hurley and Sayid as four of them. Noticed than Jin and Sun haven't really featured for ages so assume they're not the two - I'm thinking Desmond and, maybe, Claire?

How about Michael? He gets off the island too, right? Was Michael the guy in the coffin that Jack visits at the end of last season?

Yeah it certainly could be him in the coffin though I get the feeling that it's someone still on the island. I'm guessing that Michael isn't one of the six as they seem to be suggesting that they all returned together - as far as we know so far Michael and Walt are either still out at sea, already back, or dead (I'm still interested to see how they're going to write an ending for those characters considering Walt's growth spurt).

• Harold Perrineau has been in the credits this season.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm still fully enjoying the flash forwards but can't see how they're going to be able to maintain the amount of revelations they're having per episode. I had a feeling that Sayid would be working for Benjamin but loved the ending of the episode - all it needed was Ben to give an evil cackle to make it complete.

So far it looks like they've confirmed that the Oceanic Six has Kate, Jack, Hurley and Sayid as four of them. Noticed than Jin and Sun haven't really featured for ages so assume they're not the two - I'm thinking Desmond and, maybe, Claire?

How about Michael? He gets off the island too, right? Was Michael the guy in the coffin that Jack visits at the end of last season?

We don't know who's in the coffin.

My guess is that Michael's return will be some kind of redemption for him having killed two people and, in general, being a crazy bastard. I see martyrdom!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    LOST is television for the hard of balling. No fly person watches this crap

YOU DISS LOST YOU DISS YOURSELF, DOOLOO YUENGLING

• Last night's ep was

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    So baby Aaron is one of the Oceanic 6, right?

• So baby Aaron is one of the Oceanic 6, right?

There was a healthy debate on this last week- does he count as a passenger, as he was in utero, or was he a non-flight person saved from the island.

• If Kate's Aaron really is just Claire's Aaron, why does Jack have a problem with it? It makes more sense if this Aaron is the product of Kate and Sawyer. But then again...they stongly imply it is Claire's son.

• I had been waiting to see when Fisher STevens would show up then they merced dude!

So she said "Aaron" last week? I thought she said "Eric"...like it was Sawyer's middle name or something and the kid's blond hair was supposed to indicate that he was Sawyer's kid. Why would Jack not want to go to Kate's house because *Aaron* was there? I'm referring to their scene in the parking garage ep before last nights.

• If Kate's Aaron really is just Claire's Aaron, why does Jack have a problem with it? It makes more sense if this Aaron is the product of Kate and Sawyer. But then again...they stongly imply it is Claire's son.

It must be Claire's son. Why else would they have that freaky twilight zone music when she says his name at the end of the episode? Of course that means Jack would be his uncle (remember when they revealed Claire was his half-sister a long time ago?)

• So she said "Aaron" last week? I thought she said "Eric"

Me too. I watched it last week and didn't really get it. Then I tuned in early last night and caught the ending of last weeks episode and my girlfriend said "why did they play that music when she said his name last week" and then when it came on I finally understood that she said Aaron and it made sense. It really did sound like Eric.

Maybe Jack isn't cool with her having Aaron because Claire gets shafted somehow. She's either still on the island and something messed up caused her to be apart from Aaron or she's dead and maybe it's Kate's fault.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    The last episode of Lost was kinda confusing. I had to pause it to think... I hope they don't mumble jumble, the island, flashbacks, flashforwards and time travel together... it's just a little bit too much....

b

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Here's the deal on the split season:

"According to E! Online, Lost will slide back an hour to 10 p.m., and Dr. McDreamy (or whatever he goes by these days) and company will reclaim their 9 p.m. slot.

What's more, episode eight of this season of Lost will no longer have to serve as a makeshift finale--as was previously the scenario with no end to the strike in sight--and will now become a minipremiere (because word is it's a jaw-dropper) and be the lead for the back end of Lost's season.

This splits season four into seven episodes and six episodes, with a six-week break in between. The last six will begin April 24 and Grey's will return May 1, at which point Lost will slip back to 10 p.m.

E! Online also got a few more words from executive producer Damon Lindelof about the changes that will have to be made to accommodate the show's arcs.

"We are going to execute our full story plan for season four," Lindelof told E! "This simply requires a shift from high-octane storytelling to superhigh-octane storytelling. It requires no cramming, only a slightly heavier foot on the gas pedal...so, hold on to your hats. Those of you waiting for the long-anticipated Jin and Hurley ping-pong tournament, however, will be very disappointed."

Confusing, yes, but what do you expect? It's Lost!"

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I'm really enjoying this season so far. Did anyone else feel like the show was giving a nod to Slaughterhouse 5 in the last couple of episodes? Coming unstuck in time?

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    It was nice that they explained some of Desmond's storyline - the flashs of the future being due to his conscience splitting/merging.

I am also very interested in the furthering of the Dr. Faraday character. The actual physics of the island have always been something I've wanted to hear more about.

I do think that this series of Lost has started with more energy than any since the first series. Love the hints they keep dropping about where the island is ("last port we stopped at was Fiji" etc etc) and thought this week's storyline worked well enough as a kind of filler episode outside the main storyline.

One complaint though, I know that moaning about realism with Lost is kinda a lost cause but I found the fact that Sayid managed to establish a phone link to civilisation and then gave it up for Desmond to phone his ex girlfriend a stretch even for this show.

One complaint though, I know that moaning about realism with Lost is kinda a lost cause but I found the fact that Sayid managed to establish a phone link to civilisation and then gave it up for Desmond to phone his ex girlfriend a stretch even for this show.

I don't know that Sayid has many friends. I'd imagine people that used to torture for a living and will
    be roving the world wacking people in the future have too many people to call.

I don't know that Sayid has many friends. I'd imagine people that used to torture for a living and will
    be roving the world wacking people in the future have too many people to call.

Ha ha, true true. It's just the thought that, were you to have been deserted on a desert island for months, you might, you know, want to use the 5 minutes of battery time to call authorities to come rescue you rather than spend most of it watching a man cry while repeating the same thing over and over.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Ha ha, true true. It's just the thought that, were you to have been deserted on a desert island for months, you might, you know, want to use the 5 minutes of battery time to call authorities to come rescue you rather than spend most of it watching a man cry while repeating the same thing over and over.

There aren't any authorities who would believe they were alive and understand there is a somewhat hidden place where they could be found - Penny does know these things though and is at least trying to rescue them...

• Ha ha, true true. It's just the thought that, were you to have been deserted on a desert island for months, you might, you know, want to use the 5 minutes of battery time to call authorities to come rescue you rather than spend most of it watching a man cry while repeating the same thing over and over.

There aren't any authorities who would believe they were alive and understand there is a somewhat hidden place where they could be found - Penny does know these things though and is at least trying to rescue them...

Surely Penny's dad owns the boat that they're currently on.

That auction seen was ill. Dude was buying a lost diary from The Black Rock back in 96. Widmore is probably the ultimate "bad guys" on the show.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Back with a vengeance...Ben is a time traveling ninja secret agent photographer black smoke controller? You don't say???

The writers have some serious 'splaining to do in the upcoming episodes.

"The war" is on. Long live "the war" !

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Good eps

The whole Ben v Charles Whitmore/Jim Robinson encounter made the whole thing look more like some kind of biblical encounter with the discussions about not being able to kill Charles and the "changing of the rules" they refer to. Seemed to imply that neither of them were normal human beings.

Would seem more in line with the original purgatory argument.

I found Ben's ass kicking antics very amusing.

What's happened to the guy who was hanging round with the others and originally got Ben to gas his own people? Feels like he should be an integral part of this story.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    The whole Ben v Charles Whitmore/Jim Robinson encounter made the whole thing look more like some kind of biblical encounter with the discussions about not being able to kill Charles and the "changing of the rules" they refer to. Seemed to imply that neither of them were normal human beings.

What's happened to the guy who was hanging round with the others and originally got Ben to gas his own people? Feels like he should be an integral part of this story.

They can't kill each other because I believe they are one anothers constant.

Check this out. It basically explains what's going on.

http://timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.htm

They can't kill each other because I believe they are one anothers constant.

Check this out. It basically explains what's going on.

Woooah. That's as good a theory as I've read so far, seems to put everything in the right place. Thanks.

black smoke controller? You don't say???

I don't remember the smoke looking so corny, one of the few times during
    any Lost where I had a "c'mon guys moment". Controlling the smoke?

• Check this out. It basically explains what's going on.

Woooah. That's as good a theory as I've read so far, seems to put everything in the right place. Thanks.
    Agreed, that's a great theory and I can't believe the shows writers could come up with anything better to explain all the craziness.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I still like Lost, but this new secret agent, I can be anywhere and everywhere, use my little baton to knock you out and shoot you style Ben is making feel like Lost and Alias have merged.

I loved Lost when it was all mystery, spooky island type shit, but it doesn't have that same feeling anymore. I still enjoy it and think that the way the story-line is developing is interesting, but I miss shit like Walt being kidnapped by "pirates," discovering the hatch, and the glow in the dark map on the wall of the hatch. I was hooked at those moments, but now I'm just kind of going along with it for the sake of it.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I still like Lost, but this new secret agent, I can be anywhere and everywhere, use my little baton to knock you out and shoot you style Ben is making feel like Lost and Alias have merged.

I loved Lost when it was all mystery, spooky island type shit, but it doesn't have that same feeling anymore. I still enjoy it and think that the way the story-line is developing is interesting, but I miss shit like Walt being kidnapped by "pirates," discovering the hatch, and the glow in the dark map on the wall of the hatch. I was hooked at those moments, but now I'm just kind of going along with it for the sake of it.

I liked metaphysical Lost a whole lot better. Let's get back to rubbing our brows and shit. War is wack.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    No offense but that time travel theory is a Frickin' mess, like most "theories" trying to explain Lost.