REP THE WORST FILM YOU SAW THIS YEAR!

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I got stung by sweeney todd....didn't know it was a musical
    I almost

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

Plan on watching this tonight. It sounds like it should be alright.

Is it really that bad?

It was one of the least worst films on my worst film list. But still pretty bad.

First 20 mins or so are promising, but it hits a painfully mediocre stride at the halfway mark and limps forward from there.

• I got stung by sweeney todd....didn't know it was a musical
    I almost

I don't usually like musicals but I thought this one was pretty good. I was entertained.

I almost

I don't usually like musicals but I thought this one was pretty good. I was entertained.

The music was painful to me, and also the 100% chemistry-free romance between the younger characters.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The Wickerman remake was so bad, it carried into 2007. Failing that, I'd go with the Halloween remake. I only go to see horror flicks because my girlfriend, god bless her, has the worst taste in movies. She was trying to get me to go see 30 Days of Night or whatever until I convinced her otherwise.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    i got you all beat...

i saw no reservations. With the sound off, on a plane..

and it was still torture!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    There are no video stores in West Africa which left my wife and myself in a disasterous situation since we're both total movie adicts... whenever I get to visit an english speaking country lile Sierra leone or Ghana, I got to the markets and buy loads of those Shanghai bootleg DVDs that are magically compressed so that they manage to actually fit up to 20 (!) movies on one disc and that for less than $5 a pop. A good 2 thirds of the movies are in pretty good quality and even on a big plasma screen quite watchable.

Because some of these movies are mentioned in spanish, french or even russian titels (sound is usually english), we end up watching lots of stuff we'd normally never rent out. Because we have no TV and don't read any magazines, we get to see most blockbusters without ever having heard if them before.

Stuff I hated:

Children Of Men

Flag Of Our Fathers

Black Dahlia

and probably a few dozend other flicks that I've already erazed from my memory

Movies we might not have rented out but werre real good:

Munich : Never liked Spielberg besides his first one with the crazed truck driver (what was the titel again?) but this one ruled. great casting, great acting, amazing set design. All in all very believeable and gripping. That scene on the house boat was some Frickin' incredible gutwrenching shit.

The Pursuit Of Happiness: I would have never rented this one, let alone for the supercheesy poster. really loved it. great surprise.

One of the coolest movies I've seen all yeear was "Where The Truth Lies" but I don't want to hi-jack the thread so let's get back to hating:

Blood Diamond was one big, stinking heap of crap. Boring as hell. So Frickin' unauthentic that it was borderline surreal. Slimy and disgusting. Saw it right after The Departed when I caught myself thinking "who would have thought, maybe DiCaprio really can act". Blood Diamond prooved any suspections in that direction wrong and during the last few minutes I felt like standing up and screaming "die already you pathetic piece of shit!"

Most of these titels are probably from last year or even older.
    Sorry, but what can I do, I'm

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Stuff I hated:

Children Of Men

Really? I loved that movie. One of the best ones I've seen recently.

I really didn't see much this year that was new. Movie commercials are so ubiquitous right now that after seeing a trailer ten times, I have a pretty good idea about whether I'll like it or not.

Of the little I saw, I'm gonna have to say Transformers. Not so much bad as simply blah and very disappointing.

• Atonement

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

Charlie Bartlett

yep. Worst of the year.

"Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" deserves some kind of honor for being the only movie I walked out of this year, but I'm sure I could come up with a handful of movies that deserved a walk-out more.

• trapped by airplane programming wackness:

and almost as bad (using identically cheesy zombie fx):

the bob marley subplot had me gagging.

• the bob marley subplot had me gagging.

it did make for the most unintentionally hilarious line of any movie in 2007, though: when he hands the chick the Legend comp and says "this is the best album ever made." I almost fell out my seat.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I almost

I was entertained until halfway thru the movie..About that time I had enough already...I've seen enough...Considered walking out. Since I get to see about two adult movies a year I stuck it out.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

Stuff I hated:

Children Of Men

yeah, what actually made it so disappointing was that i've heard from a few people that they really liked it before I got to see it. I found it unspeakably pointless and cruelly boring. I get a cramp in my jaw just thinking back watching it.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

Charlie Bartlett

yep. Worst of the year.

worst of the year? it's only january people

p.s. oscar nods announced today http://www.oscar.com/nominees/

Charlie Bartlett

yep. Worst of the year.

p.s. oscar nods announced today http://www.oscar.com/nominees/

I think he means worst of 07. It was all set for a fall release, lots of posters were put up (around Bmore, anyway) and advance screenings done -- and then pushed back until late winter/early spring 08.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

Wait... you're right... it's a new year.
    In that case, I haven't seen a single movie all year.
    No shit, I'm really

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Stupid mad me laugh funny. Lighten up fellas.

Billy Bob trying to do comedy is

bad santa says otherwise

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Billy Bob trying to do comedy is

see that's just it: I think dude CAN be funny. I mean REALLY funny.

but this movie was not funny. and it was painfully slow.

I thought he was funny in U-Turn.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

the bob marley subplot had me gagging.

Tepid at best...

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

Stuff I hated:

Children Of Men

yeah, what actually made it so disappointing was that i've heard from a few people that they really liked it before I got to see it. I found it unspeakably pointless and cruelly boring. I get a cramp in my jaw just thinking back watching it.

Pointless indeed. There were interesting scenes here and there, but at the end I found myself thinking, "I'm not sure why I just watched that". It was dismal for the sake of being dismal ... and, yes, boring.

Stuff I hated:

Children Of Men

Pointless indeed. There were interesting scenes here and there, but at the end I found myself thinking, "I'm not sure why I just watched that". It was dismal for the sake of being dismal ... and, yes, boring.

Wow, can you both give me examples of movies that you DID like?

• hey movie dorks:

get all this real movie chat the hell out of here. This is strictly Johnny Six-Pack and Sally Receptionist movie talk.

I saw Chuck and Larry. Thought it was i-ight. There was nice looking broads in that movie.

• Stuff I hated:

Children Of Men

i thought children of man was a great movie. very gut wrenching and evoked a lot of powerful emotions for me. especially the part at the end when everyone stops fighting when they see the baby, i think i actually cried during that part.

• it was a sub-par year for direct to dvd comedies.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

"Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" deserves some kind of honor for being the only movie I walked out of this year

Why did you walk out?

• Not the worst movie, and I liked certain elements of it, but on balance I would say I thought Juno was a poor film. Nominated for best picture? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit

hey movie dorks:

get all this real movie chat the hell out of here. This is strictly Johnny Six-Pack and Sally Receptionist movie talk.

I saw Chuck and Larry. Thought it was i-ight. There was nice looking broads in that movie.

Damn, thanks for reminding me that I saw that one too. There were some funny parts yeah, but overall...

• and I just remembered I saw "The Davinci Code". That one was pretty shitty, nothing redeeming at all. I thought it was hilarious that they completely glossed over so much (masonry, the illuminatti, etc) in the final scenes.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

I mentioned a few in my original post.

oh and yes, I also totally loved Black Snake Moan

Zodiac was also pretty decent, I thought.