REP THE WORST FILM YOU SAW THIS YEAR!

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I just Imdb'ed and found out wicker man was an 06 movie too. However he does star in the most fail movie of the year with ghost rider. Couldn't put up watcing national treasure or it's sequel. I also haven't seen the movie NEXT, but the imdb page is sure not making me want to see it.

"A Las Vegas magician[/b] who can see into the future[/b] is pursued by FBI agents[/b] seeking to use his abilities to prevent a nuclear terrorist attack[/b]."

- spidey

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I just Imdb'ed and found out wicker man was an 06 movie too. However he does star in the most fail movie of the year with ghost rider. Couldn't put up watcing national treasure or it's sequel. I also haven't seen the movie NEXT, but the imdb page is sure not making me want to see it.

"A Las Vegas magician[/b] who can see into the future[/b] is pursued by FBI agents[/b] seeking to use his abilities to prevent a nuclear terrorist attack[/b]."

- spidey
    dude i saw that AND spider-man 3 on a flight to and from vancouver this year. kill me now.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Wicker Man (CAGE wins again)

spidey

wins what? in almost every other case, I would hold my tongue and not speak on that which I do not know, but I don't need to see this to say it should NEVER HAVE BEEN REMADE.

I think it was this round of the classic battle between Nicholas Cage and anything resembling art. On my card, he's 23-2, having lost close decisions in the Raising Arizona and Wild at Heart rounds.

I'm still seething over 8mm. Should we ever meet, Cage owes me $12 and the two hours I had to spend talking to my movie mate why it was a piece of preachy gratuitous shit and being told, no, it wasn't that bad.

I will now reveal something I will no doubt regret as soon as I hit the Continue button: I like Moonstruck and I like Cage in Moonstruck.

What's not to love?

ew. I just grossed myself out.

ew. I just grossed myself out.

If it makes you feel better he looks a little like Jason Schwartzman in that picture.

- spidey

Jason Schwartzman

I don't know who that is

dude from rushmore.

- spidey

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts

I saw tons of indy and international "crap" this year, but in terms of "blockbuster" attempts, this one was bad. Daryl from The Office is in this one. His performance had me in tears, especially his fight scene. There was also that Jet Li / Jason Statham film 'war'

For indy's, this was just crap.....

Oh, yea, OK. No.

That picture is waaaay too close for my comfort.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

- spidey

Holy shit... I actually saw that movie. Most ridiculous piece of shit ever.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

That movie could've been a lot better, but I don't understand singling it out as "worst" indie unless you didn't see too many indie films this year. It had its moments.

• For indy's, this was just crap.....

That movie could've been a lot better, but I don't understand singling it out as "worst" indie unless you didn't see too many indie films this year. It had its moments.

yeah, the fact that they have a poster for that flick automatically makes it better than about half the indie joints out there.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Shoot 'Em Up, 2007

I'm open to a dumb film feat. Clive Owen rocking twin guns but this was

I picked up Children of Men thinking it looked like it would be really cool... BORING! I couldn't understand 1/2 of the dialog, and the baby shit at the end was just an eye-roller for me. It felt like it was trying so hard to be smart that it forgot it should be trying to be 'good' also.

i guess i can see how people liked it, i was just bored and unimpressed.

the part I found most engrossing was the depiction of the refugee city. There were parts of it that were heavy-handed - namely the black hood imagery - but to me, it felt like they created something that, to me, felt "real" as a dystopia. Had it not been for that part of the film, I would have found the rest of the flick to be pretty snoozy.

Did we leave Grindhouse out of this convo?

DISCUSS!

• I'm open to a dumb film feat.

dude you can say that again. no offense, O, but you're the king of cheezy blockbuster apologists!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

I was an extra in The Feast Of Love with
    Morgan Freeman and Greg Kenner. It came out
    around my b-day in September.
    It got horrible reviews and was only out
    for like a month on the big screen.

I actually never got a chance to see it before it was pulled.
    I wanted to see my ass @ 18 ft so I am hoping at least one of the
    pub theater-cheap sets will be picking it up in the next few weeks.

No one talked about it here so I don't think I
    am the only one that missed it.

How come no one mentioned Chuck And Larry!??

I know some of ya'll watched that....even if you won't admit it.

To keep this record related. The Feast Of Love was filmed next door to Mississippi Records. They asked Eric if he would shut down for a day or two during the filming. They agreed to a price. Weeks went by and the production company didn't come up cash. On the day of the filming they still hadn't paid. Eric, closed up anyway. One of his employees didn't get the memo, went to the shop and was bumping Ice Cube at 11 all morning. Production company starts calling Eric, begging him to turn off the music. Check showed up in a few minutes.

I'm open to a dumb film feat.

dude you can say that again. no offense, O, but you're the king of cheezy blockbuster apologists!

I am? What else have I defended this past year?

"Transformers"? Oh, I think not Rootless, I think not.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts

I give you props for finding a moment, it's more then anyone else I know was able to find. I've seen more then my share of indy's as I own multiple film licenses, so I have to sit through tons of junk to find something I can afford. My friend is one of the morons at TLA who thought Bloodcar could turn a buck on DVD. Whenever I need to clown his ass, Bloodcar works like a charm. If you want it for your festival I'm sure it can be had for a can of pop and a piece of gum...lol

When it comes to indy films, I'll take no budget, terrible acting, poor cinematography, no lighting and anything else you can think of over an unoriginal or poor script. Blood Car was so unoriginal and outright stupid that it hurt. .

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Shoot 'Em Up, 2007

I'm open to a dumb film feat. Clive Owen rocking twin guns but this was

Damn. Is just Herm and I against the Strut on this one? I was thoroughly entertained by that film. I gave it four stars our of five. Paul Giamatti's miscasting and the lack of an additional nude scene with Monica Bellucci were the only things keeping it from garnering that fifth star.

i forgot shooter, we own the night and the departed. marky mark shouldn't act

I'm not defending any of those films, but I will not stand for such trashing of Marky Mark. He's a Boston treasure, and one of the finest actors of this, or any other generation.

Honestly, what's your problem with the man? Was your Mom in the Funky Bunch or something?

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

I give you props for finding a moment, it's more then anyone else I know was able to find. I've seen more then my share of indy's as I own multiple film licenses, so I have to sit through tons of junk to find something I can afford. My friend is one of the morons at TLA who thought Bloodcar could turn a buck on DVD. Whenever I need to clown his ass, Bloodcar works like a charm. If you want it for your festival I'm sure it can be had for a can of pop and a piece of gum...lol

When it comes to indy films, I'll take no budget, terrible acting, poor cinematography, no lighting and anything else you can think of over an unoriginal or poor script. Blood Car was so unoriginal and outright stupid that it hurt. .

maybe it's just my mood given that I'm in the process of watching dozens of entries a day right now, but Blood Car would be a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of the shite I'm forced to sit through.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I'm not defending any of those films, but I will not stand for such trashing of Marky Mark. He's a Boston treasure, and one of the finest actors of this, or any other generation.

Honestly, what's your problem with the man? Was your Mom in the Funky Bunch or something?

I like Marky Mark as an actor.

If you want to talk about bad acting in The Departed then the focus should really be on Mr Nicholson.

If you want to talk about bad acting in The Departed then the focus should really be on Mr Nicholson.

Both his and Leonardo DiCaprio's accents were awful in that film. Oddly, Matt Damon also sounded a little off. Mark Wahlberg, however, was spot on.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Both his and Leonardo DiCaprio's accents were awful in that film. Oddly, Matt Damon also sounded a little off. Mark Wahlberg, however, was spot on.

I always use this one line from that movie with my lady, when the psychologist says to Leo, "Your volnerability is very intimidating right now. Is it real?" That's acting!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Sorry guys, Jspr is right. The man is a travesty of an actor. No charisma.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I always thought that his basic lack of any on screen personality and blank stare could be used to great effect by some directors e.g. Boogie Nights, Three Kings, Huckabees.

Would you prefer a more charismatic actor, such as Nicholas Cage? Charisma is overrated unless you're talking about picking up women.

• i forgot shooter, we own the night and the departed. marky mark shouldn't act

I always use this one line from that movie with my lady, when the psychologist says to Leo, "Your volnerability is very intimidating right now. Is it real?" That's acting!

really, the whole movie sucked! marky mark was one of the only good parts. I was all like, wait, the lead chick sleeps with the clean-cut cop and the bad boy!?! gee whiz! so original....zzzzzzzzz.....and wait, wait, the cop is actually crooked and its the bad boy informant that is somewhat redeemable and sympathetic?!? so original....zzzzzzzzz.....

honestly that movie was one tired trope after another. this movie did for the gangster/cop genre what "Unforgiven" did for the western: took a great cast/director, wasted them on an amalgam of all the tired cliches of the genre, and gained critical praise from a gullible public whose cinematic memory is about 1.5 yrs at this point.

lame movie.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I really liked The Departed when I saw it in the theater, probably because it was a new Scorcese film, it looked great, had a nice pace, a lot of actors, and a few funny lines. The storyline was complicated enough to keep me interested. I have watched it a few times since, and it has lost most of the spark. I don't hate it but it does not have the same rewatchability like many of his other films. I agree too about Nicholson -- I have no interest whatsoever in seeing him in another movie. I loved About Schmidt but he seems to play himself in all of his other roles.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Would you prefer a more charismatic actor, such as Nicholas Cage? Charisma is overrated unless you're talking about picking up women.

"Charisma" is to actors as "swagger" is to rappers, i.e. a vague way to justify liking somebody who sucks.