BEST HIPHOP/RAP ALBUMS OF '07

2»

Comments

• Everything i've heard off that Gucci Mane album sounded straight. I had a copy but lost it before I got to check it out. I never heard the Lil Kim version of Pillz..and dont think I would want to.

• Yeah, you know, I noticed the first track on the album was better on the mixtape versions I had heard without Lil Kim. What the hell is "Pillz" called on the album? The internet has it as "Back To The Trap House" but my version doesn't have either. Isn't that the song with Lil' Jon with the chorus "I'm a J, I'm a J, All I do is pop pills all day"?

I think "Pillz" is retitled "I Might Be".

You're thinking of the "I'm a J" remix, which is actually a Li'l Jon track with Fabo and Gucci Mane.

Ahhh yes. Thanks for the clarification. I don't think I heard "I Might Be" before the album. That "I'm a J" remix is fire though.

• Everything i've heard off that Gucci Mane album sounded straight. I had a copy but lost it before I got to check it out. I never heard the Lil Kim version of Pillz..and dont think I would want to.

Nah, Lil' Kim is on the remix of "Freaky Gurl" that's on the album, 1st song. Still though, it's a much better song without her. Gucci has a totally different verse on this remix. He raps about how he wants to f*ck Lil' Kim in the back seat of his car and then her car (face down, ass up), and then she comes in rappin' after him. She's awful. Her verse is all about what it's like to f*ck her. Ludacris is still on the end of the song as he was on the first version, but after hearing the back and forth about boning between the other two, he seems kind of out of place.

• How could i have forgotten this release on Look Records this year. It got heavy rotation from me...

This is up there on my top of 07. dont sleep on it.

• Freeway's album got incredibly boring to me after a week or so of playing it. His "Live Free..." mixtape had much more replay value in my opinion.

Best of '07 - UGK, Devin, Ghost, Jay-Z.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The Are

This is quality and went completely under my radar. Do you have copies at the shop?

check out www.rappersiknow.com for his newest stuff, the dem damb jacksons ep especially
    the only physical releases he had last year were beat cds

Sup bruh? Where you been?

and oh yeah, Fawamajam and The Are is that dude(s).

• The Are

This is quality and went completely under my radar. Do you have copies at the shop?

check out www.rappersiknow.com for his newest stuff, the dem damb jacksons ep especially

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, been laying low a lil bit. went to rockbox on thursday, im gonna go to the rest of them until they close the pro. i think dj mel is this thursday?

The Are

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, been laying low a lil bit. went to rockbox on thursday, im gonna go to the rest of them until they close the pro. i think dj mel is this thursday?

Wait... What? They're closing the Pro?!!! I'm out the drum loop!

• The Are

yup!! all cuz of that fuckin richmond rail bullshit, theres gonna be a transit center where the pro is now.

The Are

yup!! all cuz of that fuckin richmond rail bullshit, theres gonna be a transit center where the pro is now.

Oh fuck.. I'm actually for rail on Richmond. Losing something I love takes the backseat to progress/general good for all kinda thing.

Just sucks that it was the pro. With Witness moving and the pro closing, there's gonna be a serious vaccuum here.

When is it closing?

• The Are

Oh fuck.. I'm actually for rail on Richmond. Losing something I love takes the backseat to progress/general good for all kinda thing.

Just sucks that it was the pro. With Witness moving and the pro closing, there's gonna be a serious vaccuum here.

When is it closing?
    feb.3rd is what i heard, its gonna suck when wit is gone, wheres everyone gonna go? boondocks?? i kinda dont like that place.

im against the rail, but for selfish reasons. a bunch of my friends live in that neighborhood behind the pro and that rail is gonna make goin over there a pain in the ass im sure.

• The Are

Dem Damb Jacksons is on my top 5 list for suuure. I had no idea who The Are was until like three months ago. I had a beat cd on my computer that I used to listen to pretty often, but I didn't know where I got it from. So I downloaded this Dem Damb Jacksons album, and was totally confused because I didn't remember Oh No being anywhere on the other album I had been listening to.

I had to go online and look up The Are before I realized that it's just one dude.

The point, though, is that I highly recommend the album to anyone that hasn't heard it.