• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    *AIDS was created in a lab*

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -6.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.23

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm curious as to what evidence points to AIDS being created in a lab.

I don't have an opinion on it one way or the other, since I've never looked into it.

• Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -7.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.28

yeah i kind of knew we were fellow leftie brothers. i have almost the same numbers.

• I probably agree most with Edwards, but I think Hillary will make the best president. If you are truly a liberal and are voting for Obama, I don't get it and would love to hear someone defend a vote for Obama on the basis that he is to the left of Hillary (without mentioning votes he never made, or stayed out of).

HarvyCanal, you need to go read up on Ron Paul, or at least take a look at his appearance on Meet the Press. You are always the first dude to talk about racism and stick up for minorities, correct? Paul was against the Civil Rights Act and the Civil War! He thinks Lincoln was wrong to go to war over freeing the slaves and said so on MTP. And do you understand what banning the federal income tax would do to all federal programs for the poor? It would erase them, and Paul knows this and his answer is to leave it up to the states.

When he ran as a libertarian he advocated getting rid of the public school system and other outrageous leave-government-out-of-it type positions. His philosophy is that its every man for himself and that the govt is not there to bail people out. Say goodbye to affirmative action, after school programs, welfare, and any other program that relies, in part, on federal funding.

He is a joke but entertaining at debates. Its great that he is against the war, he also wants to get rid of the military completely and would never use the US military to help anyone, regardless of the circumstances.

• Economic Left/Right: -1.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36

A few of those questions I wasn't even sure what they meant, so by default I put "disagree" since I didn't want to agree with something I didn't understand. I suppose a "no opinion" button would have been helpful. I generally have no opinion about multinational corporations.

"Multinational companies are unethically exploiting the plant genetic resources of developing countries."

What the hell does that even mean?

well there is the case in india where monsanto has created a 'suicide' seed which dies after one generation. this has created hardship for the farmers and thousands of suicides, who depend on an exchange of seeds for survival. monsanto wants them to purchase seeds at a high price which will basically make monsanto rich but not the farmers.

As I've come to understand it, income taxes collected by the IRS have nothing to do with reported spending by the US government...which is instead considered in full as "off-budget" expense.

Ron Paul knows this...which again, is why I'm voting for him. Basically, I want drastic reform/a complete overhaul...and he's the only one even coming remotely close to speaking that language.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    thats the kind of "reform" the soviets offered ... just wreck everything.

• As I've come to understand it, income taxes collected by the IRS have nothing to do with reported spending by the US government...which is instead considered in full as "off-budget" expense.

Ron Paul knows this...which again, is why I'm voting for him. Basically, I want drastic reform/a complete overhaul...and he's the only one even coming remotely close to speaking that language.

you don't know what you are talking about. income taxes give the government a trillion dollars a year.

what are you talking about "reform"? he wants the federal government to be completely hands off, so basically, you are voting for the non-president.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

you don't know what you are talking about. income taxes give the government a trillion dollars a year.

i dont really know a lot about taxes because I don't pay any, and my dad has his accountant do them for me.

okay. to score the scores you guys are scoring on this crazy quiz, you must be submitting completely lunatic answers. "The primary purpose of a corporation is ... (d) to benefit the entire planet." and shit like that.

income taxes give the government European investors in the Virginia Company[/b] a trillion dollars a year.

what are you talking about "reform"? he wants the federal government to be completely hands off, so basically, you are voting for the non-president.

Gee, wanting a historical slave-nation/colonial nightmare-spreader with more people in its prisons than anywhere ever to be more hands-off...how utterly ridiculous of me.

Let's give these known criminals even more power...that oughta teach em.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i just dont see how kicking the only people who seem to be doing any work out of the country can be a good idea.

with the exception of a few semantics, i pretty much agree with this statement.

my homie works for the US State Department in Mexico City, one of the things he was quick to remind me when talking about the immigration issue is that a lot of immigrants from Mexico don't really care about the US. It's just that the US happens to be the big economic powerhouse that resides just north of the border. Meaning, that if it were easier to get to Canada, Germany, Japan or any other nation that needs and/or wants cheap labor, then they would gladly go there (i.e. it has little to do with boundaries of America and pretty much everything to do with the money they make in America).

Also...i find it interesting that millions of Americans can support spending billions on border security, billions on nation building in the Middle East, but rarely talk about trying to 'fix' the economic circumstances in Mexico. I mean, the 2nd richest person in the world is from Mexico, it's not like there is no commerce in that nation. I realize and understand the gravity of the political issues (years of corruption, etc.) going on there, but it still surprises me that of all the 'nation building' this country tries to do around the world, no one talks about dealings with the government of Mexico very much.

We can do it now...or foreignors will do it later. Take your pick.

We can do it now...or foreignors will do it later. Take your pick.

RRrrrriiiiiiigggghhhht.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    income taxes give the government European investors in the Virginia Company[/b] a trillion dollars a year.

I'd like you to explain the process of how my income tax dollars make it to mysterious European's wallets. Seriously. I want to know the details of how it works.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    Economic Left/Right: -6.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

An international opinion for you right there, from the proud home of real social security and other alien concepts.

• Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -7.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.28

yeah i kind of knew we were fellow leftie brothers. i have almost the same numbers.

Right on! You me and Edith need to start some kind of 7+ club.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Dr. Ron Paul.

As usual, I applaud Harvey's energy.

• It's not like these ultra-liberal results are a surprise considering the phrasing of the questions dictate more left-leaning answers.

I was pretty close to Ghandi.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It's not like these ultra-liberal results are a surprise considering the phrasing of the questions dictate more left-leaning answers.

I was pretty close to Ghandi.

This was obviously a bogus(and funny) poll......according to it's results I would vote for Dennis Kucinich, and believe me, I'm won't.

But, but, but....maybe the poll is right, maybe Dennis Kucinich IS the candidate that best represents your ideals........

Ummmmmm.................No.

• It's not like these ultra-liberal results are a surprise considering the phrasing of the questions dictate more left-leaning answers.

i didn't get that.

poll after poll have shown that americans generally are left leaning but are given the option of only right leaning candidates.

for instance one example i saw was kind of startling. if phrased this way

"do you think government should help people who are economically impoverished" (sic) was phrased most people thought gov't should do that. but then throw in the word welfare and a majority think the opposite just based on that word.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

I'd like you to explain the process of how my income tax dollars make it to mysterious European's wallets. Seriously. I want to know the details of how it works.

no shit, I wanna hear more about this Virgina Company thing.

someone told me Archaic is an accountant???

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I mean, the S>2nd/S> richest person in the world is from Mexico, it's not like there is no commerce in that nation. I realize and understand the gravity of the political issues (years of corruption, etc.) going on there, but it still surprises me that of all the 'nation building' this country tries to do around the world, no one talks about dealings with the government of Mexico very much.

Slim is richer than Gates as of this year. Mexico's problems of graft and corruption go so far back that a sea change is needed to stabilize and truly expand its economy.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    lollllllllll @ archaic being a ron paul head

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    lollllllllll @ archaic being a ron paul head

lol at anyone who has knowledge of the candidates, government or economics beyond talking points not being a ron paul head.