Primaries (Pick Your Horse-Related)

14567810»

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i cant believe all the ron paul dorks on this board

BAN

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    lol

• Anyone who supports a republican in almost any election is either ignorant, greedy, xenophobic/racist, or making a decision based on religious views.

that could be the stupidest thing you've ever said.

60% of the people who voted for Huckabee last night are evangelical christians.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Anyone who supports a republican in almost any election is either ignorant, greedy, xenophobic/racist, or making a decision based on religious views.

that could be the stupidest thing you've ever said.

Isnt that shit crazy. I really cant believe the power of the fundamentalist right. Thats why I think they will never overturn Roe, because it acts as such a strong political incentive to the fundamentalists that conservative republicans benefit from having the abortion issue to spur these folks on.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Where is this stat from and where can a breakdown of voters be found??

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Where is this stat from and where can a breakdown of voters be found??

Rock:

http://www.nytimes.com/ref/us/politics/20080103_IOWAPOLL_GRAPHIC.html

For comparison, 40% of Republican caucusers in 2004 were evangelicals so that's quite a bump. It also probably helps explain why Huckabee won. No way is Romney going to appeal to that base, nor would Giuliani and McCain didn't bother to campaign. The question will be whether Huckabee plays as well in NH - not exactly a fundamentalist stronghold.

This is worth noting:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/04/us/pol...amp;oref=slogin

"What most distinguished Mr. Huckabee from the rest of the Republican field, though, were his escalating appeals to the economic anxieties of lower-income voters. He emphasized his own roots as ???the son of a fireman who worked a second job,??? denounced stagnant wages and rising inequality, and portrayed his underfinanced fight with Mr. Romney as ???the people??? against ???the Wall Street-to-Washington axis of power???

???People would rather elect a president who reminds them of the guy they work with, not that guy who laid them off,??? Mr. Huckabee said at a campaign stop Thursday morning, invoking an implicit contrast with Mr. Romney, a former governor of Massachusetts."

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Odub,
    Thanks for the link.....kinda odd that they didn't list the same info for both sides?? Also looks like overall the war in Iraq is the #2 or even #3 most important issue with these folks.....interesting but not surprising given the state.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Odub,
    Thanks for the link.....kinda odd that they didn't list the same info for both sides?? Also looks like overall the war in Iraq is the #2 or even #3 most important issue with these folks.....interesting but not surprising given the state.

Yeah - I had the same thought: why are the two sets of info different? For example, the Times breaks down the income levels of the Dem caucusers, but not the GOP ones. Weird.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    interesting but not surprising given the state.

what state is that? i just want to hear you say it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Odub,

Yeah - I had the same thought: why are the two sets of info different? For example, the Times breaks down the income levels of the Dem caucusers, but not the GOP ones. Weird.

I saw that this morning and had the same thought. All last night they kept talking about 60% evengelical and kept asking how many Ds last night were evengelicals. I know that many were.