Primaries (Pick Your Horse-Related)

UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
2 days until the primaries start, US strutters, who's your guy? International opinions definitely welcome, but if this stuff doesnt interest you, create your own "all politicians/parties are the same" thread.Particularly interested in who our resident right wingers are supporting, although I cant see Saba pulling for anyone besides Rudy.Personally, I got Edwards, haircut or no, dude is electable and on point.

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    obama

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    And the winners are:
    Iowa Rommney and Edwards
    NH Rommney and Obama
    SC Huckababy and Obama
    FL Gulliani and Clinton

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Cheney

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Cheney

Really, even with the heart problems?

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    International opinions definitely welcome..

Ron Paul!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD7dnFDdwu0

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Really? Are you sure?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

Really? Are you sure?

Both of these links are shocking to me. From all other indications, I thought he had more sense than this. I'm disappointed.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    i don't find it strange that he would say that, since i read somewhere that something like 60% of americans believe in creationism. I don't know about those numbers though, probably way off.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    Really? Are you sure?

Do you have a link for the full newsletter that was quoted from? I've read comments about that quote saying it was actually written by a disgruntled staffer that was fired afterward.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    who gives a shit, ron paul is a libertarian. he doesnt believe in federally insured banks for fucks sake.

lol @ ron paul advocates

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    who gives a shit, ron paul is a libertarian. he doesnt believe in federally insured banks for fucks sake.

lol @ ron paul advocates

"lets get back on the gold standard"

I don't care for Hillary, Edwards is slick like a used car salesman, gotta go with Obama

• BLOOMBERG!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    mccain

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    International opinions

Obama

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

lol @ ron paul advocates

Ron Paul.

lol @ ron paul advocates

"lets get back on the gold standard"

Aren't euros at least partially backed by gold?

Not really a laughing matter...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm pulling for the Obama / Edwards ticket.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    2 days until the primaries start, US strutters, who's your guy?

THAT'S SEXIST!![/b]

But, Obama at the moment. I still need to see some more extensive debate action, though, and my final vote will shrewdly weigh electability as well. Such is realpolitik in the oh-eight.

• obama, but ron paul has some cool ideas.... shame hes crazy.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    I back Ron Paul. I'm not going to comment further and turn this into a debate about the Federal Reserve though.

electability

a couple days ago I heard a random Iowa Democrat questioned on the radio about his preferences, he said he would vote Edwards, because he was 'electable' & then gave the example of how 4 years ago, Iowa went to Kerry instead of Dean over 'electability', which left me thinking, "uh, Kerry lost to Bush you genius!!!"

so much for electability.

vote your conscience I say.

How dare Ron Paul to believe in God. In this day and age, no less...

Really? Are you sure?

Do you have a link for the full newsletter that was quoted from? I've read comments about that quote saying it was actually written by a disgruntled staffer that was fired afterward.

If it was published in his newsletter, does it really matter? Regardless, dude wants to abolish everything (medicare/medicaid, dept of education, etc.) As someone said in a comment, his objection to the Iraq war is based on wasting money, theres basically no moral element to it at all. Disgusting.

As far as Obama, I wish I was idealistic (naive?) enough to believe this country would follow W with a minority with a Muslim sounding name. I just want to make sure we get someone in there who has an actual opinion on Iraq and health care. I really like Obama, but I'm really just being pragmatic. Edwards could take some Southern states, and he's on the right side of almost every issue important to me.

If it was published in his newsletter, does it really matter?

Yes. If Ron Paul's staffer actually wrote the newsletter and sent it out without his knowledge it makes a difference. I'm just trying to find out of that was the case or if the quote was actually taken out of context by referring to how blacks had been unfairly prosecuted according to the numbers that were published.

Regardless, dude wants to abolish everything (medicare/medicaid, dept of education, etc.) As someone said in a comment, his objection to the Iraq war is based on wasting money, theres basically no moral element to it at all. Disgusting.

Ron Paul's objection to the Iraq war was based on the fact that congress never declared war, making it unconstitutional.

all the canidates have to at least pretend to believe in God, either that or UFOs

"yes, I believe this book containing the primitive superstitions of an ancient sheep herding people to be 100% correct"

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

Not what I'm saying at all (but thanks for putting words in my mouth). There was one debate when they asked who believed in evolution and who didn't, and he was in the believe in evolution camp, so this seems contradictory to me.

There is no contradiction, however, in believing in both God and evolution.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

vote your conscience I say.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    OBAMA!!!!!!!!!

But I'm in California and nobody cares what we vote for.

Ron Paul's objection to the Iraq war was based on the fact that congress never declared war, making it unconstitutional.

Well at long as his opposition isn't based on some petty technicality.

theres basically no moral element to it at all. Disgusting.