cologne unappreciation (nrr)

Comments

• I only wear it once or twice a year...whenever I gotta get dressed up..weddings, etc. and I use a small tiny tiny amount...I wear Tuscany, becaise it basically smells like spicy lemons, doesnt have an overbearing perfumy scent...

You should only wear an amount that is notciable to someone that is hugging you or is all up on you, because, well thats who it is there for...not someone you are shaking hands with and maybe discussing the weather with.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I rock 1 spritz every once in a blue moon, like to a public function or when I'm in a managerial position on the daily (don't ask cuz I don't know why). I think guys don't realize that girls quite often have a better sense of smell than they do making less-->better.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Old Spice is all you need. I'm saying.

I wear Old Spice deodorant, and it pleases my wife. I want nothing more.

If you can smell someone coming, that person stinks.

Happy Veteran's Day,
    JRoot

This is rubbish. The last time I saw JRoot, he was preceded well in advance by a JRoot-shaped cloud of Rap Musk that left in its wake disoriented women and dead bees. It was like being boxed by wraiths.

I do not wear cologne myself, but instead eat one small box of Good & Plenty twenty to twenty-five minutes prior to any important engagement.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I have a cologne...

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

I wear Old Spice deodorant, and it pleases my wife. I want nothing more.

If you can smell someone coming, that person stinks.

Happy Veteran's Day,
    JRoot

This is rubbish. The last time I saw JRoot, he was preceded well in advance by a JRoot-shaped cloud of Rap Musk that left in its wake disoriented women and dead bees. It was like being boxed by wraiths.

I do not wear cologne myself, but instead eat one small box of Good & Plenty twenty to twenty-five minutes prior to any important engagement.

All of the above is true, but the last time I saw james, I was still living in the big city. And you gotta wear Rap Musk in the Chi.

File under: things i learned from terryclubbup.

• HAHA!

i remember reading the transcript here awhile ago and laughing but i never saw the video until today.

DASH: Can I interject?

O'REILLY: Go ahead.

DASH: If an 11-year-old were to imitate Cam'ron, what they would be doing is becoming a CEO Of their own company, controlling their own destiny, taking a bad situation and making it good. He has a record company. He's sold a lot of records. He's acted in movies. I feel like he's a positive...

CAM'RON: I have a cologne also.

DASH: He has a cologne.

CAM'RON: I have a clothing line.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

What year are u in?

I stand by my statment. I do not back cologne.

• HAHA!

i remember reading the transcript here awhile ago and laughing but i never saw the video until today.

DASH: Can I interject?

O'REILLY: Go ahead.

DASH: If an 11-year-old were to imitate Cam'ron, what they would be doing is becoming a CEO Of their own company, controlling their own destiny, taking a bad situation and making it good. He has a record company. He's sold a lot of records. He's acted in movies. I feel like he's a positive...

CAM'RON: I have a cologne also.

DASH: He has a cologne.

CAM'RON: I have a clothing line.

Classic.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Paul Sebastian / PS Design are the only colognes I rock, and it's not an every day thing.

WTF is up with the backlash with cologne?

"Everything in moderation..."

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I am using Sander for men at the moment, i wear it daily. Before that I have YSL Jazz, I liked that one a lot. Also Armani Mania was pretty nice too. They are usually gifts from my sister so it seems kinda dumb to have them there & not use them. I don't overdo it though, moderation is the key.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    It's all about the Hai Karate! You have to beat the women off!!!!!!!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I did an art install @ Bulgari back in 2000 and I copped Bulgari Black.
    It was tha shit. And my xwife wore it as well. Black Tea based flavor that was on the unisexual steez. But ive graduated from it. I find that bottled/flavored alchohol based scents to be to intrusive to my steez.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Anyone rock Burberry? There's one that isn't too fruity smelling...that Lacoste ish is aiight, too

I'm on some CK Euphoria these days, and yes in moderhatian of course

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Anyone rock Burberry?

if it aint a Trench Coat...Nope.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I find that bottled/flavored alchohol based scents to be to intrusive to my steez.

Yeah, it's weird how I only mentioned my twice-a-year perfume and neglected to mention that I slap lavender essential oil[/b] on my person every morning after I shower. My wife likes it, it helps mask the lingering bong hit smell, and it literally relaxes me as well as those ever close enough to catch a wiff.

• rock this once and a while. moderation is key for sure. over doing cologne =

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

What year are u in?

I stand by my statment. I do not back cologne.

A little Kiehl's Original Musk is good for certain situations. But I, with you and my friend JRoot, will ride the Old Spice HE train until Glory. Old Spice has been around for a reason: it's one of the best, most appropriately subtle man scents ever, and I don't care how corny or old-fashioned that sounds. All you Axe-wearers with your candyclean stickyshit can take a back seat to History.

The best scents are like the best recipies: they last.

Kiehl's Original Musk: 1920s
    Old Spice Original Scent: 1938

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,908 Posts
    I wear the Xmas-gift steez cologne to work to let people know that despite wearing ironically scruffy clothing, am in fact clean.

If I am going somewhere special, I will rock Creed Royal Water. The wife *really* like this smell on me, so I can't complain.

Like wine or music, there is a lot of snobbery around, and I actually wonder if Hi Karate, Old Spice, Blue Stratos, Denim or Brut do smell as bad as everyone says.

• Like wine or music, there is a lot of snobbery around, and I actually wonder if Hi Karate, Old Spice, Blue Stratos, Denim or Brut do smell as bad as everyone says.

My father in law uses old spice and our whole house smells like it when he visits.

• As I once heard it said...

Cologne is for boys. Showers are for men.

Shower/Shave/Earth Science After Shower-Shave Balm

All a man needs.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

this and unscented deodorant is all I use.
    I'm too cheap and take too many showers (2-3 a day) to buy the matching
    shower gel so I just buy whatever doesn't smell like much and make sure
    to thoroughly rinse that shit away.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

Like wine or music, there is a lot of snobbery around, and I actually wonder if Hi Karate, Old Spice, Blue Stratos, Denim or Brut do smell as bad as everyone says.

My father in law uses old spice and our whole house smells like it when he visits.

hahahahaha

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    As I once heard it said...

All a man needs.
    who the fuck thinks cologne takes the place of a shower???

ok obviously too many folks do but seriously everyone in this thread has been repeating over and over thats not what its about

• As I once heard it said...

All a man needs.
    who the fuck thinks cologne takes the place of a shower???

ok obviously too many folks do but seriously everyone in this thread has been repeating over and over thats not what its about

Sounds like you have never been to Italy.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I most definitely mess with cologne/aftershave/eau de toilette.

Chanel Egoiste, Chanel Allure, Gucci Envy, Cartier etc... A little used before you go out is always a good look. My rule of thumb is to use just a little. The only person who should know you're wearing it is the lucky lady who's getting real close.

• the citrus smell of oldspice always brings back great memories of getting ready to go out when i was in high school rocking my skinny leather tie and flattop hair circ. 1984.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Sonia Rykiel aftershave.