cologne unappreciation (nrr)

13»

Comments

• As I once heard it said...

Cologne is for boys. Showers are for men.

Shower/Shave/Earth Science After Shower-Shave Balm

All a man needs.
    who the fuck thinks cologne takes the place of a shower???

ok obviously too many folks do but seriously everyone in this thread has been repeating over and over thats not what its about

I'm not Frickin' saying that cologne takes the place of a shower, Johnny Overreacts.

Anyway, I think her point & mine was that a woman wants to smell a fresh, clean man. NOT some scented alcohol. Which, just because you take a shower does NOT mean that you have the skill or subtlety to apply cologne.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Anyway, I think her point & mine was that a woman wants to smell a fresh, clean man.

I've known quite a few that prefer their men to
    smell a little less than fresh, not skanked, but
    a natural male scent is ideal to some women ...

... kind of like the girl who used to tell me NOT to
    take a shower before leaving the hockey rink and coming
    home to her ...

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    I most definitely mess with cologne/aftershave/eau de toilette.

Chanel Egoiste, Chanel Allure, Gucci Envy, Cartier etc... A little used before you go out is always a good look. My rule of thumb is to use just a little.

Same here, got some Cavalli scents, Versace, Cartier, Thierry Mugler, Tom Ford, Gucci, St Dupont and some other stuff. Plenty of good fragrances around, just find something that fits you and use in moderation. People wearing too much is really the worst though, I agree.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Anyway, I think her point & mine was that a woman wants to smell a fresh, clean man.

I've known quite a few that prefer their men to
    smell a little less than fresh, not skanked, but
    a natural male scent is ideal to some women ...

Yes.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Personally I think all men should smell like Russian Leather

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    The last time I saw JRoot, he was preceded well in advance by a JRoot-shaped cloud of Rap Musk that left in its wake disoriented women and dead bees. [/b]

EL OH EL of the day.

Very rarely do I wear cologne. I've had the same bottle of D & G for years now. I prefer to go the Batmon route with lotion (super pasue) and pheromones.
    If you do decide to wear cologne, take a hint from these great minds

STEP INTO THE MIST!

Never spray that shit directly on yourself.
    I can't stand people who wear too much ANYTHING. Hippies and patchouli, old ladies swimming in a sea of perfume circa 1909 and dudes who reek of musk to cover up their B.O.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    A couple years ago I was given a gift certificate for a custom cologne. A perfumer spent a couple of hours working with me to come up with a scent that was right for me and body chemistry. I was never much of a scent wearer, and today I still prefer products that are unscented, but a little of that cologne was pretty fantastic. Everything in moderation, friends, especially when it's of quality.