Your Favorite beer to be gripping

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Whats your favorite beer gripping?22 oz. of New Castle aka The Bomber

Comments

• Free beer.

• All summer was Negra Modelo and Modelo Especial, then Bass, and still Bass, and now also Fat Tire, Sunshine Wheat, maybe an occasional New Belgium seasonal, Harp, or house beers from local brew pubs. I don't get too crazy with it. A good amber or brown ale is always good. A smooth pale is always good. And a not-too-cloudy wheat is decent, but maybe not so much for the autumn/winter time. That and Mexican beer has always been a summer thing for me.

I don't fuck with porter/stout at all. Brown is the darkest beer I will drink.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

• Free beer.

Free beer so often seems to be:

• i have turned down free beer in my life. but i will never turn my back on free spirits!

• I don't fuck with porter/stout at all. Brown is the darkest beer I will drink.

I'm with you, except for:

• i have turned down free beer in my life. but i will never turn my back on free spirits!

??

• Free beer.

Free beer so often seems to be:

true, I would rather not drink than drink this. Although it is probably the only beer I would turn down

If High-C sees this you will forever be banned from Rehash Palace

??

uh, im one of the few asswipes thatll actually pay for some wild turkey. i will however turn down southern comfort. worse than free beer!

• gripping? to be gripping? what does that mean in this context?

• I don't fuck with certain low class brews either, so perhaps I need to clarify "free beer."

In addition to $100, here was the tip from my last wedding DJ gig:

Aleit if you're reading this, yes most of these are still in the fridge. Arrive thirsty.

• not a beer dude myself but i do enjoy a guiness from time to time or chimay when i can find it! chimay seems to be a hard one to run into though.... red stripe seems to be my cheap beer of choice when i can't get free jack daniels!

??

uh, im one of the few asswipes thatll actually pay for some wild turkey. i will however turn down southern comfort. worse than free beer!

Aww I was just messin', if the Turkey is your thing, I ain't mad atcha! SoCo is a NoGo for me too.

• I suppose my favorite of all time is Duvel White Label

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    What else besides the national beer of Texas!

• I fux with Grolsch Beer.

• and

• how does the strut feel about microbrews? I am always a bit suspect. Yes I know there are some good ones, but a lot have that "fine brewers of quality beers since Tuesday" vibe and taste about them. I will go on record that I like this one brew pub in Memphis, Bosco's, Rye Lager...that is quite tasty.

• usually end up buying a 30 pack of the cheapest beer in the store, if i didn't drink so much and actually had some money to spend i'd be drinking this shit

• delicious stuff

• Can you post a larger label of that shit

• I mean Goodwill...

• how does the strut feel about microbrews?

one of my flatmates actually thinks about copping this one for the real shit microbrewery experience at home.

It's a almost fully automatic brewer for 20 or 50l batches, which is used by many of the bigger professional breweries for test brews.

• i like how a bottle of red stripe feels in my hand

• Yuengling is the best.. i miss that out here on the West Coast

• This past week was all about the raer in PA.

KBS was on tap for the first time in PA yesterday morning and it was so very good. There was more bourbon burn than I was expecting but it was damn damn good.

Seriously, you CA dudes have it made. I've caught both Pliny's both for the second times over the course of the last few months. Historic.

Finally, not so rear, but definitely so very good. The folks at Jolly Pumpkin Brewing Co. in Dexter, MI have come out with so many good beers that they deserve all of the accolades they are beginning to get. Right now i am drinking Bam Biere but for me its all about:

and

Cheers.

• Can you post a larger label of that shit

It looks like it's Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout. While I won't drink that thick dark mess, I will mess with Sammy Smith's IPA or Nut Brown. Good beer.

Also, Phill, as far as Micros, I am skeptical of 99% of them but if I'm at a place that makes 'em and they have pints for $2 or something, I will usually give it a try. Besides, I live in Colorado, this is like the micro brew capital of the universe. Rock Bottom is one of the few here I like. They make a good Red Ale. Breckenridge Avalanche Ale is pretty good, Avery has some good beers, but then there's 100s of others that are pretty nasty. The Micro game is not a fun one to play. I usually stick with what I know is good.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I suppose my favorite of all time is Duvel White Label

It's no KL-Smooth but I like me some Duvel too. Haven't talked to ya in a while but I've chilled on the 'Stones a bit. Nowadays I tend to grip the MBL (Milwaukee's Best Light). have you had this? It's AMAZING