VICK takes plea

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2983121Don't see how he'll make it back to the league.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2983121

Don't see how he'll make it back to the league.

So much for "stop snitchin". I imagine this plea deal happened b/c all his boys plead out and agreed to testify.

No doubt, there will still be ardent defenders trying to say that this was all some kind of "high tech lynching" but it seems like Vick's copping to getting his hands as bloody (literally) as everyone else.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    A rare smart move by Vick!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Yeah, sad to say, but Vick's probably done in the NFL. What a waated talent.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

• Don't see how he'll make it back to the league.

I doubt it. The word "gambling" is associated with his charges.

Schefter reports it's gonna be a 10-12 month sentence. I predict two year banishment from the NFL.

How's a 29 year old QB who never really could throw that well (consistently and accurately) and who's been out of the game for 2 years gonna come back?

I could see Jerry Jones signing him though so I guess anything is possible.

I wouldn't hold my breath though.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Safe to say Atlanta is fucked this year.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    whats the purpose of killing the animals if they "underperform"? can we kill michael vick when he fucks up passes every game? just saying... maybe he needs to be hanged or drowned. i think that would be GREAT! id even pay to watch that happen. animal cruelty is bullshit... he should never be allowed to own animals ever again.

Heh, truth.

Perhaps I'm being overly cynical (wouldn't be the first time), but Vick is just too much of a moneymaker for the league to just be discarded over this. I'm guessing the brass will just say that whatever sentence he gets is punishment enough, maybe suspend him for an extra couple of games, and that'll be that.

But then again, if his sentence sits him out for a couple seasons, he will be washed up from a playing standpoint. Not that he was very good to begin with.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Whooooooooooooooooo let the dogs out?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I really hope the NFL has the balls to enforce a ban on him for life.

• Don't see how he'll make it back to the league.

Heh, truth.

Perhaps I'm being overly cynical (wouldn't be the first time), but Vick is just too much of a moneymaker for the league to just be discarded over this. I'm guessing the brass will just say that whatever sentence he gets is punishment enough, maybe suspend him for an extra couple of games, and that'll be that.

But then again, if his sentence sits him out for a couple seasons, he will be washed up from a playing standpoint. Not that he was very good to begin with.

Dude. Michael Vick's moneymaking days are O.VER.

For such an image concious league, that is controlled by a cabal of owners (read: rich white men) I think it is a strrrrrrrrrrrrrrretch to think he'll be resigned after taking 3 years off...

• The next star of the Arena Football League!

I'm bout to cop one of these off of ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Vick-Dog-Che...1QQcmdZViewItem

• chasechase 767 Posts
    animal cruelty is bullshit... he should never be allowed to own animals ever again.

fuck that dude

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

For such an image concious league, that is controlled by a cabal of owners (read: rich white men) I think it is a strrrrrrrrrrrrrrretch to think he'll be resigned after taking 3 years off...

It's just remarkable how fast Vick has gone from being a posterchild for a supposedly savvier generation of young, star athletes to down-and-out-for-the-count.

Also shows: never underestimate the power of the dog lobby. I get the feeling that he could have bounced by from a domestic violence charge a lot easier than this dog fighting fiasco.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Also shows: never underestimate the power of the dog lobby. I get the feeling that he could have bounced by from a domestic violence charge a lot easier than this dog fighting fiasco.

saying. this whole fiasco has the unseen hand of lizardoid PETA all over it. just ask yourself: who profits?

• I saw some dude rocking a Vick jersey in line at the bank Saturday.

He looked nervous.

Jackass.

What's the appropriate reaction to that?

Is it anyone's place to say anything?

Heh, truth.

True, if he's out for three years, then fuckin' forget about it. Hell, even two years would pretty much end it for him. But if he gets the 1 year/large-but-easily-affordable fine sentence, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him back in the league, missing receivers left and right. He's still "exciting" (read: athletic but not a good player), and some smart spin doctors could rehab his image enough to keep the dough flowing.

Slightly off topic, but remember those 15 minutes when Vick's shithead little brother was supposed to be the Serena to his Venus? That was hilarious.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

saying. this whole fiasco has the unseen hand of lizardoid PETA all over it. just ask yourself: who profits?

id say the animals who would have been killed profit by not being dead or abused by a scumbag fucktard.

He looked nervous.

Jackass.

He's probably just waiting for his #13 Harrington to come in the mail.

But seriously, dude probably paid a lot of money for that jersey and he may still be a Falcons fan, so what's the deal?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    This shit is hella depressing.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I saw some dude rocking a Vick jersey in line at the bank Saturday.

He looked nervous.

Jackass.

But seriously, dude probably paid a lot of money for that jersey and he may still be a Falcons fan, so what's the deal?

^^^^^^Sighted on the block this summer in a Dirk jersey, with a miniature battery-powered portable fan, attacking a popsicle with gusto

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    remember that scene in 1984 when dude has a cage fastened to his face and they open the gate and let the rat loose on his face?

He looked nervous.

Jackass.

^^^^^^Sighted on the block this summer in a Dirk jersey, with a miniature battery-powered portable fan, attacking a popsicle with gusto

Want some? Get some. Bad enough? Take some.

• I think he's out at LEAST two seasons. The first will be spent in jail; then, when he gets out, he will get to serve his suspension from Roger Goodell.

Given his already spotty history ON the field, and this most recent disgrace off of it...His career may have ended today.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Caring too much about animals is soft. Vick should get a moderate fine at most.

• Caring too much about animals is soft. Vick should get a moderate fine at most.

snore.

poking a hornet's nest in an ebay thread is entertaining. this is juvenile.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I saw some dude rocking a Vick jersey in line at the bank Saturday.

He looked nervous.

Jackass.

Did I mention the denim shorts and the hoop earrings?

He looked nervous.

Jackass.

Did I mention the denim shorts and the hoop earrings?

I haven't worn a piece of denim (and I'm talking blue jeans whateva) in over 15 years homie. Straight velour. I thought you knew this.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Caring too much about animals is soft. Vick should get a moderate fine at most.

snore.

Don't tell me you're soft, too!

• Caring too much about animals is soft. Vick should get a moderate fine at most.

snore.

Don't tell me you're soft, too!

I ain't gonna tell you shit, son.
    Now, run along.