50 Cent: I'll Quit if Outsold by West

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• heh!
    "The Massacre," was the best-selling disc of 2005 and sold more than 1.14 million copies in its first week of release.

wow, really? I didn't know it did that well.
    He seems so un-interesting these days. I think it would be rather amusing if Kanye did better than him. I'd love to see how he'd back out of that statement. "Ya'll believe everything. Fuck that. How's the most important rapper out gonna just quit like that. The Curtis II in stores next year!"

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Just like The Game was gonna quit if he didn't sell, what, a mil in week one for his last one? And he did like 200k? He's still at it...

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Funny shit...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    tired

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Yea but I don't think 50's going to be able to outsell Kanye. What single does he have popping right now that tops Can't Tell Me Nothing or Stronger. Nothing. Kanye sold 600,000 + his first week when the last album came out - and I know 50 did huge numbers last time...but that was on the strength of some major singles as well. Fif's sorta done for....I think....even though - I heard his new album and it's pretty dope. Real grimy - not nearly as much soft BS. However, he talks about guns so much on it that I don't think anyone will be able to talk about guns ever again.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Yea but I don't think 50's going to be able to outsell Kanye. What single does he have popping right now that tops Can't Tell Me Nothing or Stronger. Nothing. Kanye sold 600,000 + his first week when the last album came out - and I know 50 did huge numbers last time...but that was on the strength of some major singles as well. Fif's sorta done for....I think....even though - I heard his new album and it's pretty dope. Real grimy - not nearly as much soft BS. However, he talks about guns so much on it that I don't think anyone will be able to talk about guns ever again.
    those kanye singles are awful and 'i get money' is a hit

• I Get Money is a pretty hot track..and I cant stand dude. I do plan on checking out the Kanye cd, though.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Last time 50 released his LP, i saw the cover i was like "wow that's so gay"...Now i see the Kanye's cover for Graduations and i'm like "wow that's so gay". Somehow, someway, they felt in the same category. Boring rhyming skillz and voice tone. Hooks cheaper than Disco music circa 84'. Redundant topics (Money In The Bank, I Get Money). I mean i used to like Kanye. When he was pairing with Rhymefest it was nice. But pairing with Daft Punk is so Euro. He should move to London...So disapointing. 50 can quit anyway, he's loaded and would be the dumbest fucker ever if he manage to bankrupt. And Kanye, well, i wish him best luck on his galaxy. At least he's not a starving artist...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Deej, never change.....

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Deej, never change.....

this is a unique opinion somehow??

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    But pairing with Daft Punk is so Euro.

i reeeeeally like that one track. call me crazy.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Last time 50 released his LP, i saw the cover i was like "wow that's so gay"...Now i see the Kanye's cover for Graduations and i'm like "wow that's so gay".

The main difference being that 50's cover actually appealed to gay men. Kanye's new one only appeals to gay men (and straight ones) with taste in really corny Japanese pop art.

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    I still really like the Daft Punk track too. It just bangs, the guy sounds good on it, and the bars are hot. Its a pretty positive message too, the timing of which was good because kids aren't really hearing that stuff in that manner too much these days.

Its funny because I perceive 'I Get Money' as saying essentially the same thing just speaking to different kids...not to mention it sounds real good loud too gets people amped. Personally will be checking for both

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    KAnye's singles are unique but 50's schitt appeals to the spectrum of timmys and 14 year old girls to the older ladies, saying.

50 will outsell Kanye by a longshot, I'm betting my internet persona on it!

I GET MONEY been on repeat, along with wipe me down and lil wayne's dreams

those tracks = my august

trust me

Deej, never change.....

Since when does a song being considered awful to anyone on this board make any difference in terms of sales?

Hold on - this guy Deej doesn't like it....maybe it won't sell a ton of records after all.

I Got Money - ain't that much of a hit. Peep it's web traffic, peep it's airplay. It's big, but not compared to the shit storm Kanye's making. I'm not crazy about Stronger - but Can't Tell Me Nothing is fresh......shit....let's not start this argument again.

Not sure why I feel the need to pound it home but personally I wish nothing but success for 50 and Kanye both. I don't know them personally but just sayin. Its late and I'm all emo, and again don't know him and his situations but my instinct tells me that 50 is a misunderstood guy. And not to get all grandiose but fuckit I've seen some of these misguided marks out there in the field, and for some reason the 50 v Kanye argument made me reference Beanie Sigel's Peep The Steelo (and I don't know Beanie Sigel and his situations) but at about 1:50 for some reason when it comes to $$, seems like some wise words, but what do I know I'm on an internet message board right now by myself in small town Indiana

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    hes misunderstood? he is an ignorant, arrogant, not really to intelligent asshole and is just trying to stir up all kinds of shit to get everyone all excited about his lame ass album. Fuck 50. I saw Get Rich or Die Trying a few days ago and he is all slipping and sliding with naked dudes and crying later on in the movie. Gangster? HELLLL NOOOO! young ceaser is bitch made.

oh yeah and:
    50 Cent said earlier this week that he's retiring his solo career if Kanye West's new album sells more than his when they are both released on September 11th.

Well, if iTunes pre-orders are any indication, it looks like 50's gonna be gone for good!

Despite the fact that they are both getting comparable promotion in a prime spot of the iTunes store, Kanye's pre-order sales are far outselling 50. Kanye's new album, Graduation, is #3 on the iTunes Top Albums chart without even being released yet! His 1st single, Stronger, is #2 on the iTunes Top Songs chart. Meanwhile, 50's Curtis is way behind at #9, And not even White soul brotha #1 Justin Timberlake has been able to help 50 get his single, Ayo Technology, to higher than #10.

Despite all of this, 50 still continues to talk smack, this time about MTV. 50 is less than pleased about MTV's ranking of the top-ten MC's in which he was listed he #8. He tells Complex Magazine: "MTV can suck my dick. Nah, like I could say whatever I want. If I want to be an asshole, idiot, I could just say whatever I want. You know what I mean, like, I'm just doing this as an example, because I don't really mean literally MTV could???I could say it, like MTV could say that that's their favorite artist, because that's one person's opinion. Whoever they said, "Can you go out and set up this list for us." That's their opinion who they put in this???they put Game number 3 when I wrote the 3 singles that created him. What does that mean? That I'm number 3? Because you're not in to me this week, I get a chance to sit in the number 8 spot but the project that I created is number 3."

HAHA! FUCK 50

-teknology

Don't know man. Of course everyones entitled to their opinion, and I'm not a dickrider by any stretch I just try not to resort to observing media gaming to formulate my opinion on a person.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    YO IF ITS ON VH1 OR YAHOO MUSIC NEWS ITS MORE GOSPEL THEN THE BIBLE SON

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Deej, never change.....

Since when does a song being considered awful to anyone on this board make any difference in terms of sales?

Hold on - this guy Deej doesn't like it....maybe it won't sell a ton of records after all.

I Got Money - ain't that much of a hit. Peep it's web traffic, peep it's airplay. It's big, but not compared to the shit storm Kanye's making. I'm not crazy about Stronger - but Can't Tell Me Nothing is fresh......shit....let's not start this argument again.
    objectively, your opinion is wrong

":p"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    not really to intelligent

Deej, never change.....

objectively, your opinion is wrong

":p"

Agree to disagree.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    My monry is on kanye. WIth the exception of I get money, which is hot, everything else ive heard off the 50 album has been terd sandwhich. Ayo technology? Who's idea was that?

I guess the robin thicke track could be good, havent heard it yet.

But im pretty sure kanye has more people checking for his record right now. whether or not deej is into the single.

At least kanye is trying to a make a dope album though, 50 just sounds like hes talking about some gay marketing venture. Whatever.

Corporate Hip Hop = So last year.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    werent you reppin 50 last year?

by the way, high school the musical 2 will mop the floor with both of em though.

The video for Ayo Technology is bananas, otherwise the song is a Timbaland reject

50 will outsell Kanye, that's all. I'm just glad they have albums that are going to be released, unlike for example Dr. Dre who has been proclaiming watch out for detox for 10 years now.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    I feel you but the thing is, Dre makes better albums than both of them. I'd rather wait 10 years for a good LP than one year for some kleenex music.