Fantasy Footy (Premiership) - Strut League

14567810»

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    it would make sense. Thaksin Shinawatra made a big decision to sack Sven, obviously has something up his sleeve.

Complaining about not being in-the-hole as opposed to plain old central-mid =

I'd imagine Sven'll be off to manage Valencia.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Realer City Headz than me say this is a done deal. And Ronaldinho.

considering city fans were booing the team last year and now they are in 9th, sounds like a pretty silly decision (re: sven)

owners have the most selective memory. they know that some of the best managers needed a few years to build a team (fergie), but most owners still expect 180 degree turn arounds and silverware the first season.

be curious to see how much Ronaldinho will cost. i bet the final number is somewhere around 18M-20M (which is about 10M too much).

silly indeed.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    18 months ago Ronaldinho would have been worth it, but his injury throws too many unknowns in there. I bet Barca want it rushed through before it's revealed he's had his leg amputated.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    18 months ago Ronaldinho would have been worth it, but his nightclubbing[/b] throws too many unknowns in there. I bet Barca want it rushed through before it's revealed that the Hacienda has closed down[/b]

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

So is this the third time Sven has lost out to Big Phil? I lose count, I guess the only field Sven can claim any one-upmanship over Big Phil is with the ladies... he'd rather be a playa.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    in unrelated Brazilian playboy news.. Ronaldo in sex with 3 transvestite hookers shocker.

Heh... The Hac... I remember when it were all trees around here. To be honest, I always thought of of it as the Emperor's New Clothes made real - if enough people believed an echoey warehouse was the coolest place on earth, then it was.

I hated everything about the place from the door "Staff" to the ghoul-eyed braying sycophants that would applaud the sound of a poorly-executed fart if it bounced off those hallowed black-and-yellow-hazard-tape trimmed walls.

Dry was better - I had a mate who worked behind the bar...

Props to Tony Wilson though.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Corking strike by scholes, he earns his much belated trip to the finals. w00t w00t! Although Barca dominated possession again, they didn't look very threatening. Brown, Ferdinand and Evra looked totally in control, only weak link was Haregraves. Can't fault him too much since it's not his natural position. Park was quite boss too, roaming around with zeal, Tevez not creating much offensively but bulldozed his way in tackles.

Ronaldinho is rumoured to be heading to AC, personal terms have already been agreed upon, however Barca is holding out for 40 mil euros.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    To describe last night as tense doesn't even come close. I feel emotionally drained today and will enjoy watching the second match from a more neutral position. I thought the defense were magnificent and evra, park and torres were outstanding.

However, I can't shake the feeling that if Ronaldo had put away that penalty we could have rolled them over pretty comfortably - Messi apart they lacked any kind of bite and I think we created a lot of problems for ourselves by giving them too much respect.

I'l be cheering Liverpool on tonight.

Should be good ce soir. Stats say Liverpool have never scored a goal at Chelsea under Rafa's reign. I can see Chelsea parking the bus in front of the goal and hoping to catch the scouse on the break. They are under no pressure to score.

I am sure the squad will carry out Mr. Abramovich's instructions to the letter. I still think the fix is in.

I still think the fix is in.

Mmmm, not so sure, but I'd rather see Manure vs Chelski as a rematch of last Saturday would certainly be better than Manure trouncing the Scousers.

If Chelski win the Champ League final by a dodgy penalty though, I'll concede that circumstances are all a little too cosy to be true for Abromovich to watch his team win in Moscow.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Go Chelsea Go!!!

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts
    damn John Arne Riise.. along with poor liverpool defense

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Oh, for fuck's sake...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Oh, for fuck's sake...

any you scousers want to start rumors of who will now be forced out of the team this summer?

My CL final pick is CFC as they will bore ManU to slumber and score on a penalty that was called from a Drogba dive.

• unityunity 179 Posts
    dudes, just joined the league, and i'm in 6th place. liverpool screwed me by not playing both Mascherano and Gerrard last week. fuck them.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    dudes, just joined the league, and i'm in 6th place. liverpool screwed me by not playing both Mascherano and Gerrard last week. fuck them.

WTF you can't just be joining 2 weeks before the end of the season.

Damn! Maybe I should rejoin with a new team..? To be fair, I'm not sure this thread is that focused on the Fantasy League anymore, it's more just a place to gossip about football.

Re: Chelski vs Scousers. Benitez wrote his own death certificate last night when he took Torres off! Crazy, stupid fool! Babel needed to come on, but not for Torres - I would have taken Arbeloa or Gerrard off - with a clear head it would have been Gerrard as he didn't really do much. It was a scrappy game, but from half-time onwards, totally engrossing. Best moment was when Essien scored, the blue half of th epub errupted, and then seconds later the goal was ruled out for offside, and then the red half of the pub errupted back even louder with jeering.

I actually think Chelsea will give Manure a decent game, while, no offence, 'Pool haven't really tested Manure in ages. Have they? I can't remember when the last Liverpool victory over Manure was.

17 points ahead in the work league without ever fielding a scummer... I could be caught, just have to make sure to pick folks with something left to prove who aren't being rested for the final.