Fantasy Footy (Premiership) - Strut League

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Who's down? Entry is FREE.URL: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/index.htmlPick your team then join the league.League Name: ???::: SOUL STRUT :::???League Code: 813235-141227Good luck this season!

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

• so in joined this. what will be happening next? was it ok to spend all my money on players?

• PAGING SOUL ON ICE. PAGING SOUL ON ICE.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yeah I'll join as soon as i finish [ranieri]finalising[/ranieri] my line up.

• on it

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Bendless Flight

managed by Dr Bob Bobson

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    FUKK YEah...

Oddly enough, I've never done an online fantasy league.

6 teams so far.

We can get more!!!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I'm in.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    i'm in...

• some of us probably bought the same players, right? does that make any sense? it's just a comparison of our knowledge of permier league players? we are being judged by real life results in the league? i want more players.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    its salary cap....

so everyone has the same amount of "money" to spend.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/rules.mc

• its salary cap....

so everyone has the same amount of "money" to spend.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/rules.mc

i got that. we score each time one of the players we chose played or scored, right? and we are getting points for players that raise their skills/grades?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Basically you get points if your guy plays that week, more if he keeps a clean sheet, assists in a goal or scores a goal. You lose points if they concede a goal or get yellow or red carded. Goalies get good points for saving penalties. Your nominated captain scores double points.

Transfers are free and wide open until Saturday morning when the season kicks off (GMT). After that, you are entitled to one free transfer (budget permitting) every week, and charged 4 points for every transfer on top of that. So swapping 3 players out in the same week would cost you 8 points.

You may want to make transfers down the line as some teams won't play in every gameweek, and some will play twice - so you may wish to offload that week's non-players for others if you believe they will gain more points than it costs you to transfer them in.

Players values also rise and fall over the season.

I did OK last year (8000-ish out of over 1,000,000). And that was without ever fielding a Manchester United player (who won the league). It's against my strict City beliefs to do so. But others did well making Cristiano R*naldo captain all year.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    PAGING SOUL ON ICE. PAGING SOUL ON ICE.

I'm in.

Team name: Soul On Grass

Strike Force: The "Triple K's" - Keane(c), Kalou & Kuyt

I promise to TRY to stay interested all year.

• Basically you get points if your guy plays that week, more if he keeps a clean sheet, assists in a goal or scores a goal. You lose points if they concede a goal or get yellow or red carded. Goalies get good points for saving penalties. Your nominated captain scores double points.

Transfers are free and wide open until Saturday morning when the season kicks off (GMT). After that, you are entitled to one free transfer (budget permitting) every week, and charged 4 points for every transfer on top of that. So swapping 3 players out in the same week would cost you 8 points.

You may want to make transfers down the line as some teams won't play in every gameweek, and some will play twice - so you may wish to offload that week's non-players for others if you believe they will gain more points than it costs you to transfer them in.

Players values also rise and fall over the season.

I did OK last year (8000-ish out of over 1,000,000). And that was without ever fielding a Manchester United player (who won the league). It's against my strict City beliefs to do so. But others did well making Cristiano R*naldo captain all year.

I wish I could see the players that the other league mambers picked. I picked some personal favorites, but I'm far from a Premier League expert. So I sticked to some players I know from the good old Bundesliga
    Rosicky, Hleb (he's best!), Mpenza, Volz, etc...
    I think I will be the worst guy in our league. I don't get the UK system and know none of the mediocre players. Too many games and teams. I'm not used to that. The Bundesliga is lame

• BTW, I think my jerseys are the most beautiful. But I didn't get a chance to design my away jerseys. I wish I could order my own jerseys and wear them. That would be next level online gaming. Sitting in front of my computer in my own jersey.
    Go Fippleton Ballers!

I wish I could see the players that the other league mambers picked.

you don't get to see until after the first week. if you're unsure of your players, you can have one free transfer a week (i'd suggest using it). i've been playing this thing for about three years and it's pretty cool. last year was the first time being in a league with cats that i knew, so this league will be interesting none the less.

• Any chance a little dude can get in on this?

Any chance a little dude can get in on this?

it's not about being a little dude, it's free. get in there.

Strike force consists of Benny McCarthy (although he surely has no chance of replicating the form of last season), Van Percie (who needs Henry?) and Dean Ashton (as an England fan, I'm hoping this is his big year, and he shows the form that should see him break into the national squad as the next Teddy Sherringham).

I don't think I chose anyone from Chelsea, and only Evra from Man U.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    And that was without ever fielding a Manchester United player (who won the league). It's against my strict City beliefs to do so.

Hahaha! Good lad - it's a policy of mine never to pick United players either.

I think that if you've got a good keeper and at least one good defender, midfielder and striker, you can fill the rest of the positions with makeweights and still do OK.

EDIT: Another tip I'd offer is be careful about picking too many African players. It's difficult to avoid, because there are so many quality African players in the Premiership (I've got a couple in my squad), but during the African Cup of Nations next year, many of the best ones will be on international duty and therefore unavailable to play in the Prem. Along with possible injuries/loss of form due to tiredness, they may not be the safe bets they'd otherwise appear to be.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    PAGING SOUL ON ICE. PAGING SOUL ON ICE.

I'm in.

Team name: Soul On Grass

you know all three of these players aren't exactly guaranteed first team.
    i went with Tevez, Van Persie and Harewood up front. i'll probably swap Tevez till he actually starts playing though.

Also you know Dean Ashton is trapped in the closet?

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    I'll have some of this action.

201 Players reporting. As someone else said I do will also try and stay interested all season. May need a few changes as my team is Fulham heavy and as a Chelsea supporter this is bad.

Whoever called their team Justin Fashanus's X1

John Fashanu is now apparently the host of Nigerias version of Deal Or No Deal Now.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

Whoever called their team Justin Fashanus's X1

Dean Ashton and Ashley Cole will have to feature.

Also you know Dean Ashton is trapped in the closet?

There goes one similarity between him and Teddy - guess he won't be dating a string of glamour models, unless they're

I'm going to hype him as the next missing piece[/b] the England team needs anyway, until he gets injured again, or proves to have been a flash in the pan.
    He's good in the air, can hold the ball up, and he actually seems to *think* about what he's doing, unlike most England players.

Predictions: Chelsea haven't got it this year to mount a good challenge - too many injuries at the start of the season, and just when they should be getting healthy, the African nations will rob them of Drogba, Essien, Kalou, (Obi Mikel too?)
    Liverpool should be strong, Spurs will probably get 5th again, and Arsenal will push Man U the hardest, but if Fergies back four stay healthy all year, they'll win it again.

Derby, Birmingham and Fulham are going down.

• I`m in..

• Done...

• 21 teams so far. It's on!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

you know all three of these players aren't exactly guaranteed first team.

No, actually, to be honest - I don't know shit.

I went with people I like and who had good numbers.
    I tried to pick players I thought were starters, but
    my knowledge is limited. I will say this - Drogba is
    supposed to be out this week, so I figured Kalou is
    a lock, and I have Kuyt on the bench, so I'm not 100%
    clueless ... but I don't expect to do very well with this ...

Oh, and I didn't pick any players from Arsenal the SCUM.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Kuyt and Crouch both do the biz for LFC but Benitez tinkers so much it was too much of a risk to pick either last season. Drogba is out for a while, but the other Chelsea strikers are nursing injuries too. Again, hard to guess who will start. But looking at who is playing who in week 1, I would pick my squad accoring to the best "Mis-matches".

Like I said, to do OK all you need is Ronaldo in as captain all year, with a fit John Terry in defense, and Steve Gerrard in midfield. If you can afford it. Utd, Chelsea and LFC should compete for the top 3 places this year so bear that in mind. Utd are not likely to concede any penalties at home either so their defense and keeper are good bets.