Parental Beatdown Appreciation Thread

1235»

Comments

• The fact that you beleive resorting to violence to "teach a lesson" is needed in your world is sad. You were raised in a a home that you yourself said was "abusive" and by saying that violence towards others is a good thing you are doing nothing more than showing that the cycle of violence & abuse you experinced growing up just may continue. Don't take my words as an attack, I am genuinely concerned about this and would recommend seeking professinal help.

guzzo, you're REALLY twisting words here for your own benefit. I think I had the same upbringing as Paycheck here so you're basically saying the same words to me, and if you are...fuck you homie. I like you but not that much to be calling my mom "abusive" and to infer that mine or his upbringings were a "cycle of violence & abuse".

You sound like some lame ass court psychiatrist working for the plaintiff suing a dad for divorce and making him look like an abusive father because he spanked his kid once for almost running in front of a car.

We were spanked as kids...it's not abuse...we even got spanked in school back then, you behaved or you got the paddle, simple as that. I never saw it as abuse, I'm not scarred, I'm not an abusive person...I would never strike a woman...EVER. I would discipline my child though, that's for damn sure. a swat on the butt never hurt anyone(permanently). I understand we have different views on the subject but don't try pushing the extremes so hard...it's not that simple.

I just dont understand speaking for people. And, trying to give child rearing suggestions. Do you have a child Guzz? You really haven't a leg to stand on here. I also have trouble understanding why you involved yourself in the thread anyway, since you obviously cant relate to what were talking about.

Self Rightousness is ALWAYS a shitty look "kid". Get the collar on them Tee shirts taken out a bit. You or your little perspective arent anything special. You arent "saving" anyone. An intervention wasnt needed here.

No more entertaining this fruity thread. I gotta go beat my kids.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I just dont understand speaking for people. And, trying to give child rearing suggestions. Do you have a child Guzz? You really haven't a leg to stand on here. I also have trouble understanding why you involved yourself in the thread anyway, since you obviously cant relate to what were talking about.

Read the parent thread Phil started.

No more entertaining this fruity thread. I gotta go beat my kids.

you sir are a true prince

• this thread represents the very best aspects of soulstrut and really makes me want to increase my post count considerably. on a lighter note i just tickled my buttcrack with a feather. it was terrific. have an exciting sunday evening and peace your fellow man. DOWN WITH BABOLYN. SHALOM.

ap

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

I am not cool with this thread though, seriously. I can understand it if you get a time out for hurting your sibling but there is no excuse of domestic abuse.

Yeah I never got people bragging about getting beatdowns from adults as kids. When you think about it it takes a really fucked up adult to assault a child. I went through it and, although I'm not ashamed of it, I am definitly not proud of it either and neither is my father. This shit went on until I was able to defend myself. Now he is 75 years old and his handicaps have got him looking and feeling like an old man. Because of this and his financial status my sister and I take turns aiding him through daily tasks. There will always be an uncomfortable vibe between us because of what went on when I was younger and in no way do I think its a laughing matter.

Anyone who really brags about getting beat down from from mom and dad didn't really get "beat down"

I have a lot of respect for you, Guzzo. If I'd have gotten physicly "disciplined" by my father, I wouldn't lift a finger for him.

I got my ass kicked by my mom on a couple of occasions, some are still in vivid memory some 30+ years later and I still remember how I promised myself back then to one day make her pay for it. Most certainly, she won't be able to rely on me for any assistance or financial support whenever she becomes needy for it.

If you brake it down, disciplining a child means to inflict direct, physical pain but it will also inflict shock because the person the child is used to be cuddled by and taken care of in a (hopefully) loving manner suddenly exposes a whole different face and the child will look at the parent in fear for at least as long as the beating continues and at any later time, when the child sees the beating coming. I can't really see any benefit coming out of this besides emotional disturbances.

Now if you think you live in a surrounding where you have to give your child an instinct that the person who loves you most can turn at you in a violent rage at any time, if you think that it is good thing to desensibelize your child to pain or if you want your child in it's later life to feel less inhibited resorting to violence whenever it seems legitimate, then go on and stick to this "part of your culture".

You'll have to take the risk though, that your child does not appreciate what you are doing, does not feel you have any right to do this and some day will make you pay.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    this thread represents the very worst aspects of Guzzo

Seriously, talking bad about a man's family... way way over the line... I will die for my family and that's the fucking truth. That shit's real sideways

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    [quote... I will die for my family and that's the fucking truth.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    on a lighter note i just tickled my buttcrack with a feather.

Just the crack? How tame.

Why don't you tickle your intestinal tract with a gerbil? Better yet, up the ante and tickle it with a guinea pig.

• i'm not that fabulous

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Seriously, talking bad about a man's family... way way over the line... I will die for my family and that's the fucking truth. That shit's real sideways

whoa dude, misquoting friends of mine to help your cause is not cool at all. I'm done with this thread and if you want to try to carry on a personal war against me you can do it all by yourself

• this thread is for buttholes. i'm done too. have fun with your over-inflated ballsac and ego based banter. its all om shanti for me ( not the lp ). look for me in topanga. i will be the one with the uni-dread on overalls. have a peaceful solutions summer and keep shredding.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    look for me in topanga.

See you there, Tickler.

• thats kinds gross dude. internat is fany. hostile problem makes bad interaction on internat. i bet you guys wuldnt aggro each other on a fany fone call or face to face. now i've never been the fighting type but im kinda big and gnarly. now stop yer fighting boys. its time for some internat fun. look for me on the elvis thread. i wanna be a real firestarter and shit. now im goin?? to sur-plus to buy some polisleeves from neil. old man weeks is shippin slow these days. L.A.T.E.R. ap

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    i wanna be a real firestarter and shit.

AP IS THE FIYYYAAAHHHHSTAAATAAAH, TAWISTAD FIYYYAAAHHHHSTAAATAAAH
    HE WILL MELT ALL YOUR 2mil and 3mil POLYSLEEVES AND YOU WILL BE FORCED TO BUY MORE!

whoa dude, misquoting friends of mine to help your cause is not cool at all. I'm done with this thread and if you want to try to carry on a personal war against me you can do it all by yourself

Haha this is hilarious. After you take my words and twist them to imply that I was raised in an abusive household that taught me nothing but violence you get faux-fended that I doctored an AP quote. Unreal.

You know what's not cool? Talking about my family like you did. I take that shit very, very personally. Maybe you should do like you did with Soulrez and call me to apologize... I'm sure someone out there can provide you with my number...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Haha this is hilarious. After you take my words and twist them to imply that I was raised in an abusive household that taught me nothing but violence you get faux-fended that I doctored an AP quote. Unreal.

You know what's not cool? Talking about my family like you did. I take that shit very, very personally. Maybe you should do like you did with Soulrez and call me to apologize... I'm sure someone out there can provide you with my number...

I said my thing based on this statement you made
    I was raised with women, my mother and my sister, both of whom have been abused.

the way I take it it sounds like you came from an abusive household. Maybe I read it wrong, and if so then yes I do apologize, however I stand by all other comments I made.

I never took your words and reworded them, as a matter of fact I made it a point to say I tried to stay within the context of what your wrote (check earlier posts).

I was raised with women, my mother and my sister, both of whom have been abused.

the way I take it it sounds like you came from an abusive household. Maybe I read it wrong, and if so then yes I do apologize, however I stand by all other comments I made.

I never took your words and reworded them, as a matter of fact I made it a point to say I tried to stay within the context of what your wrote (check earlier posts).

That is just insane. I talk about how my parents (plural) raised me, how my mother tried to control me but couldn't, so she sent me to my father (willingly for all parties involved). How he injected some much-needed discipline, and you inferred that my father was abusing my mother and sister... wow...

My sister was abused by many boyfriends. My mother was abused by a previous boyfriend and my grandmother. Sorry if that didn't match your assumptions about me... I only mentioned that my mother and sister were abused because you said that I favored child abuse, and abuse of women. To say that I was raised with knowledge of how horrible this can be, so why would I ever advocate it?

Your whole premise in this thread was dead wrong man. We were talking about fun times where we caught a lil "can of asswhupping" from parents and you got all self-righteous and haughty and started telling people that this was a lame thread, and not funny at all, and so on.

I only mentioned my recent accident because it was a situation where the mere threat of force diffused a hostile situation. Here was a man pushing me around, accusing me of fraud and threatening to sue me after he backed into my idled car... and me standing up made him sit down. The cops told him to return to his car.

So now, you've gone on to accuse me of beating women, menacing an old man, advocating child abuse and coming from an abusive home (each one of which couldn't be further from the truth).

Is it yet clear to you why that's offensive?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

That is just insane. I talk about how my parents (plural) raised me, how my mother tried to control me but couldn't, so she sent me to my father (willingly for all parties involved). How he injected some much-needed discipline, and you inferred that my father was abusing my mother and sister... wow...

My sister was abused by many boyfriends. My mother was abused by a previous boyfriend and my grandmother. Sorry if that didn't match your assumptions about me... I only mentioned that my mother and sister were abused because you said that I favored child abuse, and abuse of women. To say that I was raised with knowledge of how horrible this can be, so why would I ever advocate it?

Your whole premise in this thread was dead wrong man. We were talking about fun times where we caught a lil "can of asswhupping" from parents and you got all self-righteous and haughty and started telling people that this was a lame thread, and not funny at all, and so on.

I only mentioned my recent accident because it was a situation where the mere threat of force diffused a hostile situation. Here was a man pushing me around, accusing me of fraud and threatening to sue me after he backed into my idled car... and me standing up made him sit down. The cops told him to return to his car.

So now, you've gone on to accuse me of beating women, menacing an old man, advocating child abuse and coming from an abusive home (each one of which couldn't be further from the truth).

Is it yet clear to you why that's offensive?

You two still fighting over this?

No

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I've started to look at JP as the annoying big brother type that would have a certain rep at high school and once the little brother made the move into the same school he would try to act tough and give me a wedgie to maintain his rep. At no point do I really get too pissed at what he says, its actually kinda endearing.

JP[/b]: we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this shit, cause I really can't think of getting a "can of asswhupping" as a fun or good thing no matter how its sugarcoated.

that is all, now back to conversations about Chuck D & Elvis and Hitler & the Lizard People

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    And they all lived happily ever after.

THE END

GROUP HUG!!!!!!!! ....................................................... I'll get my coat................

Speakin'o which... has anyone ever been to that place?? www.grouphug.us

There are some seriously fucked up people out there.

• holy schhit

holy schhit

Yeah man. It corrupts yo mind to read some of the shit on there.

I was like 'AGGHHHHH!!! MY EYES!!!!'

I've started to look at JP as the annoying big brother type that would have a certain rep at high school and once the little brother made the move into the same school he would try to act tough and give me a wedgie to maintain his rep. At no point do I really get too pissed at what he says, its actually kinda endearing.

JP[/b]: we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this shit, cause I really can't think of getting a "can of asswhupping" as a fun or good thing no matter how its sugarcoated.

that is all, now back to conversations about Chuck D & Elvis and Hitler & the Lizard People

1. We are not at the same "school".

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Guys,

I know I'm late to the dance and everything, but I had to add on to this thread. Since I was the hardest-headed child every to walk to earth, I got plenty o' ass-whoopins during my childhood. Here are three that stick out in my mind:

1. Left my report card at school cause I got three 'Cs' on it.
    -A neighborhood kid had brought his report card home to his mom's, who just happened to be friends with my mom. So, my mom asked where my report card was? Pops jumped in and ordered me to go up to the school (at 8PM mind you!) with my older brother to get it. A custodian let me in to get it and I came back home. When I got back home, pops laid a thorough 10-minute ass whoopin' on me with one of those thick-ass, 70's, three-hole belts for lying (and the grades). Ouch!!!

2. Got "smart" with mom's.
    -My mom was fussin' at me, and in that usual southern Black woman style, she asks "do you hear me talkin' to you?". I replied "yeah, I can hear you. I'm standing right neck to you, I'm not deaf". (with her open hand) SMAAAAAAAACK!!!!! right across the grill. I kind of asked for that one.

3. Try to lock dad out of the room (to avoid a whoopin').
    -I had done some dumb shit that earned me yet another ass-whoopin'. I ran from dad to my room and locked the door. Big mistake!!!! Pops proceeded to break the door down, whoop my ass, and then fixed the door. He screamed, "you don't have a room in this house to be locking any doors. This is my house!!!" I guess like The Beatnuts said, there was "no escapin'" that ass-whoopin.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak